IM SO EXCITED WHOOO, READ ME!!!

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
FightingDrag

IM SO EXCITED WHOOO, READ ME!!!

Post by FightingDrag » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:54 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I might get to burningman this year!!!! whooo!!!! my mom gave me the ok, now i need the money then i can continue. im so far planing to make a "tiki staff" (lol) and im looking for more poi kinda gear, and then i need to learn a new toy or two, or i might learn at BM

I am located in santa maria, CA, my name is Kyle brennan, and im needing a ride!!!

I made my own callsign of "FightingDrag" so yes, i respond to that, Or (in full) Fightaireous Draconis my name is kyle, im 6'5 18, and im a bright hyper open minded person.

BURNING MAN!!! WHOOOOOOOOO

I need suggestions on what else i should bring, so far im brining non-perishable caned food, and fruit, and making my bkfastes and dinnrs at my house, then "refrigerating" them then i dunno what im going to do about food. ill prob bring 3-4 5 gallon drums of water for whatever camp wants to let me sleep with them or whatever happens, and sunblock, my meds, and i dunno what else.

Im looking for a camp i will be welcome to SLEEP in or somthing, and if aneyone is willing to get me, im on the coast of california off the 101.

oh, and would it be a bad thing to bring a potato cannon to BRC? i mean im bringing explosives... in a way, but it is explosives. BTW, im trying to figure out where/how would be the best way to bring fuel to BRC any suggestions?

I heard its a bartering community, should i buy a bunch of small containers and bottle playa sand to trade, maybe glowsticks? im not good at making things, and i dont think aneyone would want a sweaty shirt... :)

-happy dance- im probably going to burning man!!! -dance-

so hi?

www.myspace.com/kidukun is my current, though i wanna make a new one as "/fightingdrag"

ibdave
Burning Since: 1998

Re: IM SO EXCITED WHOOO, READ ME!!!

Post by ibdave » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:10 pm

FightingDrag wrote:

oh, and would it be a bad thing to bring a potato cannon to BRC? i mean im bringing explosives... in a way, but it is explosives. BTW, im trying to figure out where/how would be the best way to bring fuel to BRC any suggestions?

I heard its a bartering community, should i buy a bunch of small containers and bottle playa sand to trade, maybe glowsticks? im not good at making things, and i dont think aneyone would want a sweaty shirt...
No Potato Gun.. NO...... :shock: :shock: :shock:

No go back and read the SURVIVAL GUIDE 10 TIMES and then start to look around here.
Welcome to the group

BTW the potato gun will make a mess. look for M.O.O.P. in the guide. 8)
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg

betrdanevr

Post by betrdanevr » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:16 pm

Surely you jest!

"Explosives" in the hands of a self-proclaimed bright teenager? :lol:

Then . . . there's the moop factor. You gonna go around the playa and pick up all the potatoes you shoot? (Didn't think so.)

And then you should check out where the medic tent is when you first enter BRC. You will likely need some treatment for a swollen eye or cracked jaw when you hit some muscle-bound dude in the back of the head with a potato from 80 feet.

P.S. Didn't see your post, Dave. LOL

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:17 pm

you may want to find "Simon of the playa", he can line you up with trade goods for the food court, and, the'll have potatos for your cannon..........

welcome, though......

*knowing full well I may regret getting here before JK, but, the snarkortunity is worth it, I hope.........*
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

FightingDrag

Post by FightingDrag » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:11 pm

Im too lazy to edit original post, i found the forums, came here, posted, now im reading up MORE than i did a year or so ago lol. but by all means keep bagging on the potato cannon, its cool. Although, the potatos usually stick in 1 piece after firing, so i wouldent mind running to get them. but im asking how should i bring in POI and other fire toy's fuel Lol, potato cannons only use hairspray

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:15 am

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Sham

Post by Sham » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:25 am

Welcome!
Yes, keep reading on the board here. Lots of misconceptions about the place. No bartering and don't feel like you have to bring something to trade or gift. I think we all had strange ideas about the place before we went for the first time, but be sure to join a local burner group and make some contacts to make this go smoother for yourself.
You can buy food in Reno or bring frozen food with you and buy ice at burning man. If you don't meet up with someone locally to camp with, you can always camp in the open areas and possibly meet someone when you get there who will let you pitch a tent nearby.
A good suggestion for you is to go to stores local to you and make lists of things you will need to buy when you get closer to black rock city.
Participating is important and that's what makes this place so amazing, but I would wait for your second year to go wild with everything, so you have a better idea of what's happening.
Lastly, who told you that you were "bright"? I don't think that we are qualified to make that determination about ourselves, and unless you have had special testing, you should just refer to yourself as "an average (albiet tall) 18 year old"!
Feel free to ask questions on this forum to help clear things up for you. :D

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:27 am

volunteer for the DPW, kid.

cut your teeth in the ghetto.

then you can play with all the potato guns your little heart desires.

they need big strappin' 18 year old puppies with boundless energy.

if you like total immersion, than that is the way to go...

i'm sure they could have the dust colored helicopters pick your ass up on the 101....
Frida Be You & Me

BetaBox

Re: IM SO EXCITED WHOOO, READ ME!!!

Post by BetaBox » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:30 am

[quote]I am located in santa maria, CA[/quote]

When you leave for BM, you won't ever go back to SM. :wink:

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:10 am

I think you ought to listen to your mother and stay home. A potato gun? Are you out of your mind? Jesus, Bob's right, some people have no business going to that camping trip in the desert.

Da Mule

Post by Da Mule » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:15 am

Welcome to eplaya, Fighting Drag, my new buddy. :)

I have to agree with the others - potato gun may not be a good idea.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:55 am

Have you ever smelled a bruised, rotting potato?

Boijoy
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Metro Mart

Post by Boijoy » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:17 am

::: gulp :::: Potato Gun?? :shock:
don't forget to floss

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:51 am

Hey, in his defense, at least he had the sense to ask first.

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

mercury_988

Post by mercury_988 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:03 am

good luck with all your plans! (even the potato gun)
you could camp with my group if you wanted too. we are all first timers from the detroit area for the most part. (I'm not sure if we could pick you up though.)

Sail Man
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Post by Sail Man » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:11 am

Most definitely skip the potato gun, for all the good reasons you've been given. Instead, convert it to a tennis ball cannon. Far less moop, and a convenient delivery method for mixed drinks to far-flung friends you will make on the playa :lol:

Here's the rideboard, it will be more active the closer to the burn.
http://bmtraveller.proboards56.com/inde ... =rideboard

Think a gallon of water a day, freeze your prepped food so it lasts. Study the fruit thingy, I've read some fruit lasts, and some mushes pretty quick. Handy though if your planning on fruity daiquiri's. Oh, wait. Your only 18. In that case dibs on the daiquiri's :wink:

Tribe also has a 2009 Burning Man Virgins tribe, check that out for more info. And in regards to your meds, if your still running a bit hyper, you might want to re-check those doses :P

And don't forget your shots. BTW, Welcome :D
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact

Daddy-O

Post by Daddy-O » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:25 pm

Potato guns are right up there with flare guns and need to be left at home. Now if you’re talking uzzis that is different. JUST kidding. NO-NO-NO guns unless they can shoot bacon. That would be way cool. I need to work on a gun that shoots bacon
A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

penguin
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Kidsville

Post by penguin » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:38 pm

Daddy-O wrote:Potato guns are right up there with flare guns and need to be left at home. Now if you’re talking uzzis that is different. JUST kidding. NO-NO-NO guns unless they can shoot bacon. That would be way cool. I need to work on a gun that shoots bacon
Bacon gun? That'd be a toughie i'd think -- on the other hand, you could make an IBD (improvised bacon device) quite easily; just take a whole hog and some RDX and a cell phone... drats, that won't work, I forgot cell phone don't work on the playa. :wink:

FightingDrag

Post by FightingDrag » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:42 pm

[quote="Simon of the Playa"]volunteer for the DPW, kid.

cut your teeth in the ghetto.

then you can play with all the potato guns your little heart desires.

they need big strappin' 18 year old puppies with boundless energy.

if you like total immersion, than that is the way to go...

i'm sure they could have the dust colored helicopters pick your ass up on the 101....[/quote]

Explain? DPW? remember, im a virgin burner here, and i just reralized, im 19, (ya im dying at it myself too) i will be 20 by the playa

I am still looking into the ride part.
how does a tennis ball gun shoot bar-drinks btw?

Thx for all the input somemore cant wait.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:06 pm

DPW = Department of Public Works. They're out there early, and build the basic city. Lots of hard work, but worth it from what I hear.

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:36 pm

Darwin Awards-> The Theme -> FTW

FightingDrag

Post by FightingDrag » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:53 pm

i would DPW, but i got to keep a eye on school. i might look into it in a few years though

mojo

Post by mojo » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:24 pm

Welcome!

We are just over the hill from you in Lompoc, and this is our 12th year on the playa. I am the proud owner of 2 potato cannons (BIG potato guns). They are a very bad idea out there because any little pieces of anything that fall to the ground have to be picked up and there are LOTS of things to do more fun than chasing potatoes. You also have to haul out any trash you make - so I'd hate to lug out a sackful of spent ammo.

FightingDrag

Post by FightingDrag » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:07 pm

[quote="mojo"]Welcome!

We are just over the hill from you in Lompoc, and this is our 12th year on the playa. I am the proud owner of 2 potato cannons (BIG potato guns). They are a very bad idea out there because any little pieces of anything that fall to the ground have to be picked up and there are LOTS of things to do more fun than chasing potatoes. You also have to haul out any trash you make - so I'd hate to lug out a sackful of spent ammo.[/quote]

OMG, I LOVE YOU!!!! -sends pm and phone num-

penguin
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Kidsville

Post by penguin » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:26 pm

FightingDrag,

Sorry, got so caught up thinking about blowing up pork I forgot to say,

"Welcome to eplaya!"

Return to “The Greeter's Station”