It's not easy being green...

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
lobstersky

It's not easy being green...

Post by lobstersky » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:13 am

I decided to attend my first burn ten years ago, but just got the opportunity this year. Bought my tickets 2 days ago, so needless to say I don't have really any time to plan. I hope to show my dedication to the gods and the man by the ridiculous lengths I will have to go to make the trip. I live in Kentucky and because I waited so late to realize I could attend this year I will have to drive 4 hrs to Indianapolis...fly to Sacramento...get all my gear...and drive to Black Rock. I wanted to put out a signal to anybody out their who may yell back...
I want to contribute, yet all my ideas will require more than the day I have left before I leave.
I draw in a "what do you see in that cloud" fashion using living, formerly living, or nature produced textures as my canvas. I'm a psych nurse. I used to be a 4th grade teacher. I look like the Weird Al (unfortunately) or The Cowardly Lion depending upon who you ask. I know that if I drive over the speed limit I will end up smashing butterflies on the front of my car. I also know that Santa Claus knows if you've been bad or good because he has access to every drain you ever pass...and he is always listening through them.
I'm coming by myself.
anybody hear me?
any words to the wise?
any ideas about how i can give back?

Red Dirt Mother

Post by Red Dirt Mother » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:31 am

I hear ya and I salute ya!
~Lizz

I give love as my highest offering.

Nitevenus

Post by Nitevenus » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:07 pm

Good for you and the step of faith you are venturing. Unknowingly, you contribute, just in the very fact that you will cross through the greeters gates and become part of all that is Black Rock City. The best thing you can do is to be very prepared for the heat/cold, the sun, the wind/dust, the physical activity and your own personal needs. You can borrow the yellow bikes to get around, take part of what camps are offering/gifting and the most amazing thing is the opportunity to give of yourself will reveal itself. Truly.....

seanmcpherson
Burning Since: 1993
Camp Name: MacGyvers' Union & Feed The Artists

So, how was it, Lobstersky?

Post by seanmcpherson » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:38 pm

I live in Louisville, myself. I'm probably heading down to Alchemy in Georgia the first week of October, since Knob Creek isn't till the next weekend. Was wondering how your Burn was, including travelling out from KY. Hope it was wonderful, and in a weird way, welcome home from Home :)

Sean

Return to “The Greeter's Station”