hello & MAKE SURE you drive carefully between BRC and Re

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
pickaxe

hello & MAKE SURE you drive carefully between BRC and Re

Post by pickaxe » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:10 pm

I have not yet actually seen the man or temple actually burn, but this was my second time at Burning Man. This time, I received my playa name (pickaxe) - WOO!

The road from BRC and 447 were crawling with police. I have never seen that many on one stretch of road. One followed me for about 20 minutes (great fun). Just be careful out there, y'hear?

greetings from pickaxe

TomServo
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Black Rock City Assholes Union Local 668

Post by TomServo » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:54 pm

Drive carefully period! I almost killed two people, today. Big trucks aren't like 4wheelers...they don't stop on a dime. When in nevada....hide your illegal shit...NOT in your body! Machine guns and prostitution are fine....just no drugs.
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..

Lucid484

Post by Lucid484 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:41 am

i saw 3 trucks a car and a motorcycle pass a 6 car caravan (me included) on 447 and we did the speed limit the whole way...some people had to weave ina nd out of cars because of oncoming traffic....some were burners go figure!!!! and while leavin the playa i saw one car coming in doing the 10mph down the dusty entrance road and a big RV flew by him easily doing 25....kicking us all sorts of dust on that pretty narrow entry road!

Like my drill instructor used to say....If common sense were common then every one of you assholes would have it!!!!

SageV

Post by SageV » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:58 pm

Yah, Burning Man seems full of shiny happy people every year but once they get on the road it's amazing how many of those people who were all smiles and sunshine a few hours earlier become road ragey assholes (especially you Bay Arayans).

If I see another road bathed in cow blood because the city folk won't respect the open range laws, I'm going to puke. It's also an amazing coincidence that every cow hit just happens to be one the rancher's "prize winning, blue ribbon steers." I imagine that must get pretty expensive for y'all. :P

Drive safe and courteous folk, I've lived in places like Gerlach, the locals would certainly appreciate it.

cutmeoffandcallmeshorty

Tailgaters

Post by cutmeoffandcallmeshorty » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:35 pm

i saw 3 trucks a car and a motorcycle pass a 6 car caravan (me included) on 447 and we did the speed limit the whole way..

.some people had to weave ina nd out of cars because of oncoming traffic....some were burners go figure!!!! and while leavin the playa i saw one car coming in doing the 10mph down the dusty entrance road and a big RV flew by him easily doing 25....kicking us all sorts of dust on that pretty narrow entry road!

Like my drill instructor used to say....If common sense were common then every one of you assholes would have it

The reason your 6 car caravan was was overtaken was because you guy's were driving basically bumper to bumper. If you are the same concerned motorist that I experienced, I couldn't even get back in after the second car !
Looking over my left shoulder and seeing a car up my ass and keeping an eye ahead for oncomming cars and glancing again at #2 Motherfuck who refuses to let me in let alone a car, It was back a gear and I went pass the the lead "Cocksucker at over a hundred miles an hour.

I don't know about the rest overtakers as I was putting as much distance between this little convoy and the potential reservation cop that was up the road with waiting ticket that I would have gladly accepted instead of death.
So, If it was a loud Red 2000 softail, Black helmet then it be ME!

Remember what your Vehicle Instructer told you 3 vehicle lenghts between each vehilcle, Beware of IED's and guy's on bikes with extra nuts and bolts in their pockets.

Shorty....
"Tis better to be well disliked,
Than not liked at all."
Ned Kelly, 1884, Australian Outlaw.

Lucid484

Post by Lucid484 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:31 pm

well i wasn't driving bumper to bumper on purpose but hell with people like you i think more people should be driving bumper to bumper...if there is a line of people doing the speed "LIMIT"...you should not be passing in the first place...if you can't safely pass 6 cars without worrying about getting into the line if there is an oncoming car then don't pass period!

and yeah i'm pretty sure it was you..there was a car and truck right behind you...both were also reckless drivers. I wasn't part of that caravan I just crept up on them like you...but I didn't feel the need to pass anyone. we weren't that far from the playa anyway.

Bob
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Re: hello & MAKE SURE you drive carefully between BRC an

Post by Bob » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:46 pm

pickaxe wrote:The road from BRC and 447 were crawling with police. I have never seen that many on one stretch of road. One followed me for about 20 minutes (great fun). Just be careful out there, y'hear?
Never seen a LEO cause an accident out there. What exactly are you implying?
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

cutmeoffandcallmeshorty

Bumper Jumpers

Post by cutmeoffandcallmeshorty » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:38 pm

[quote="Lucid484"]well i wasn't driving bumper to bumper on purpose but hell with people like you i think more people should be driving bumper to bumper...if there is a line of people doing the speed "LIMIT"...you should not be passing in the first place...if you can't safely pass 6 cars without worrying about getting into the line if there is an oncoming car then don't pass period!

and yeah i'm pretty sure it was you..there was a car and truck right behind you...both were also reckless drivers. I wasn't part of that caravan I just crept up on them like you...but I didn't feel the need to pass anyone. we weren't that far from the playa anyway.[/quote]

[color=darkred]
Well Dude, Let me assure you that the posted limit was 70Mph, You all were doing 55-60 Max. I also dislike speeding tickets and I had to brake when I came up behind you as I usually stick to the posted limit.

As for the vehicles directly behind me, I have no clue who they were but the one thing I do know is that my wife, who was 10 minutes behind me, got stuck behind you almost to Empire until a few of the cars with trailers decided to pull over to the shoulder and stretch their legs and basicaly came to a screaming halt in the soft gravel. Talk about fucking dangerous !

Anyway, Im glad we have identified the Culprit on the bike, Maybe the other "Reckless, Impatient, Redneck" truck drivers will come forward and seek your forgiveness and enlightenment.

In closing, Seeing as though you like Bumper to Bumper, How was your Exodus ? Mine was 20 minutes.

Moooooaaaahahahahahahaha[/color][color=darkred][/color][/color]
Than not liked at all."

skibear
Burning Since: 2002

Post by skibear » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:25 am

Why Nevada DOT doesn't put in a passing lane every 5 or
10 miles(preferably on uphill stretches) on 447 is beyond me?

Many slow moving decrepit old busses & overloaded
semi-mutated vehicles would love to move to right but
can't with soft shoulders the whole way.
:!: :idea:

Granted your row of cars may be doing the speed limit, but
some of those you say are kamakase A'holes may be
frustrated from following half dead vehicles doing 30 to
40 mph for mile after mile.

----------------------------------
nuts, nuts, nuts, nuts nuts where are the nuts
nut nut nuts
crash & burn ski lessons given

SageV

Post by SageV » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:04 pm

skibear wrote:Granted your row of cars may be doing the speed limit, but
some of those you say are kamakase A'holes may be
frustrated from following half dead vehicles doing 30 to
40 mph for mile after mile.
And most of the kamakazis are probably half-dead themselves along with their vehicles. I wouldn't ever call my state during exodus "well rested, awake, and alert." I think the words of the sage George Carlin bear repeating:
Ever notice how anyone going slower than you on the road is an asshole, and everyone going faster is a lunatic?...It's a wonder we ever get anywhere with all those assholes and lunatics on the road!

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:22 am

skibear wrote:Why Nevada DOT doesn't put in a passing lane every 5 or
10 miles(preferably on uphill stretches) on 447 is beyond me?
Are you kidding? What is the price of roads? I'm remembering $1,000,000 a linear foot. And when will those lanes be used? Heavily on Exodus and less heavily on the days before and days after and almost never the rest of the year? Are we really such precious flowers that we can't just suck it up and drive appropriately on 447?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

skibear
Burning Since: 2002

Post by skibear » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:03 pm

Sage Venkman wrote:[ I think the words of the sage George Carlin bear repeating:
Ever notice how anyone going slower than you on the road is an asshole, and everyone going faster is a lunatic?...It's a wonder we ever get anywhere with all those assholes and lunatics on the road!
ROTFL

Swweeet. This sums up this thread perfectly. Sage advice of the day!

I always thought I'm surrounded by assholes and lunitics on the road.
:shock:

cutmeoffandcallmeshorty

Post by cutmeoffandcallmeshorty » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:28 pm

You forgot "cocksuckers" and "Motherfuckers"
Ohh, I almost forgot. Motorcycles ! I guess someone has to shine the light, lead the way and set an example.
Than not liked at all."

TomServo

Post by TomServo » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:16 pm

cutmeoffandcallmeshorty wrote:You forgot "cocksuckers" and "Motherfuckers"
Ohh, I almost forgot. Motorcycles ! I guess someone has to shine the light, lead the way and set an example.
Motorcycles aren't an insult, they're natural selection. Are still brain stains on the back of biagi trailer #840...they wash our trailers at the dock, so all our doors are dirty as fuck.
I fucking hate motorcycles. Except for the harley riders, who appreciate their investment and old clunker riders, who just want to get to their destination alive. Its a surreal experience, watching someone die a violent death.

cutmeoffandcallmeshorty

Aint dead yet !

Post by cutmeoffandcallmeshorty » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:42 pm

Motorcycles aren't an insult, they're natural selection. Are still brain stains on the back of biagi trailer #840...they wash our trailers at the dock, so all our doors are dirty as fuck.
I fucking hate motorcycles. Except for the harley riders, who appreciate their investment and old clunker riders, who just want to get to their destination alive. Its a surreal experience, watching someone die a violent death.

Yo Tom, you Da Man, I like arriving intact, But year after year you see these wankers in convoy and they are fucking dangerous, There is not much one can do about it but bitch.

But untill im splattered I will continue to scoot up to BRC and back to the Bay Area and deal with the BS, It is an awsome ride up through the bush and my favorite time of year to go riding. I wil spend the next month pulling my bike apart and cleaning it in antisipation for next year.

Just wish I could mount my Vickers and 1900 Enfield Maxim on the handle bars.
You know what i mean.
Regards Shorty
Than not liked at all."

TomServo

Re: Aint dead yet !

Post by TomServo » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:56 pm

[quote="cutmeoffandcallmeshorty"]Motorcycles aren't an insult, they're natural selection. Are still brain stains on the back of biagi trailer #840...they wash our trailers at the dock, so all our doors are dirty as fuck.

Yo Tom, you Da Man, I like arriving intact, But year after year you see these wankers in convoy and they are fucking dangerous, There is not much one can do about it but bitch.

But untill im splattered I will continue to scoot up to BRC and back to the Bay Area and deal with the BS, It is an awsome ride up through the bush and my favorite time of year to go riding. I wil spend the next month pulling my bike apart and cleaning it in antisipation for next year.

Just wish I could mount my Vickers and 1900 Enfield Maxim on the handle bars.
You know what i mean.
Regards Shorty[/quote

They are fucking dangerous. Big trucks don't stop like 4 wheelers or motorcycles. And it really doesn't matter how good the driver is. Smaller vehicles choose their own destiny. Stay safe! And always make yourself visible to the truck driver. My favorite mud flaps... left side= passing side. Right side= suicide. I'm not knocking all cyclists...but there's a good portion of suicidal riders out there. Love your bike and keep it safe!

Return to “The Greeter's Station”