Lost my Bike

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
elviranevar

Lost my Bike

Post by elviranevar » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:43 pm

Boo Hoo....I know it's probably my fault...had to leave the Playa early Fri to go back to work...missed the burns (I'm sad) so I left my bike for my son-in-law to use and I'm afraid it was "borrowed" and not returned. I know there is a drop-off place in Gerlach for bikes and a volunteer group in Reno that takes abandoned bikes. Anyone know how to get in touch with either? This is my childhood bike (thus it's about 45 yrs old) and has great sentimental value. If anyone knows how to get in touch with anyone having anything to do with bikes, I'd greatly appreciate any info.

hello_Chip

Post by hello_Chip » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:18 pm

You might start by posting in the Lost Bikes 2009 section, including a complete and UNIQUE description of the bike.

http://eplaya.burningman.org/viewforum.php?f=143

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:15 pm

It has two wheels and no lock, I guess.

MsLynn707
Location: Between the Pacific Ocean and The Black Rock Desert of Nevada

lost bike?

Post by MsLynn707 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm

First you say you left it with your son-inlaw, second you say its a childhood treasure, OK I'm going to play this game WHY IF IT WAS THAT IMPORTANT DID YOU TAKE IT TO THE PLAYA? The survival guide says that you should bring a bike BUT NOT one that you can't afford to lose,ie (CLUNKER) I'm not saying all my sisters and brothers are ripoff artists but not everyone is a holy person and sometimes you can really F*** UP and I think this is one of those times. I hope for your sake you get your bike back but I would not hold my breath as you might just turn blue and no one wants to see that. :cry: Aloha, MsLynn707

ibdave
Burning Since: 1998

Re: lost bike?

Post by ibdave » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:10 pm

MsLynn707 wrote:First you say you left it with your son-inlaw, second you say its a childhood treasure, OK I'm going to play this game WHY IF IT WAS THAT IMPORTANT DID YOU TAKE IT TO THE PLAYA? The survival guide says that you should bring a bike BUT NOT one that you can't afford to lose,ie (CLUNKER) I'm not saying all my sisters and brothers are ripoff artists but not everyone is a holy person and sometimes you can really F*** UP and I think this is one of those times. I hope for your sake you get your bike back but I would not hold my breath as you might just turn blue and no one wants to see that. :cry: Aloha, MsLynn707
I think I just might have a e-crush on you..... :wink: :wink: :wink:
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg

skibear
Burning Since: 2002

Post by skibear » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:55 am

My childhood bike, a 52 yr old english 3-speed, doesn't go
to the playa because the tires are too skinny.

Return to “The Greeter's Station”