Introducing...Tobe

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
TobeWilde

Introducing...Tobe

Post by TobeWilde » Sat May 22, 2010 9:52 pm

Hello my new Playa-mates :D

October Wilde here -- Tobe for short (say it like Toe-bee, not To Be, ...or not to be...) Me & a couple of pals will be traveling to Burning Man this year and are (of course) quite excited. We all have experience in desert camping (west Texas, Mexican border, Chihuahuan Desert - high mountain sort), but I still have hordes of questions. Will try to post them in appropriate place, not here. :?:

We are traveling in from central California, but we all originate elsewhere. Renting a UHaul (why do I see no mention of this anywhere else - is this a huge faux pas or something? Seems economical at $20 per day unlimited mileage...dunno tho, clue me in!) And the Uhaul seems like a good place to hang out in storms and rain. Yah, we are covering the ugly orange sides and advertisements with banners and other stuff as soon as we set up camp.

Look forward to meeting many of you there - we will be "doing hair" for our playa-mates -- braids, pigtails, ponytails, updos...helping tame the mane for burners -- and we'll have a little gift for all our visitors. Maybe we'll see YOU 8)

Tobe

Snow

Post by Snow » Sat May 22, 2010 10:12 pm

Welcome!

try searching for Uhaul, there are lots of threads around on that subject.

bm_cricket
Burning Since: 2008

Re: Introducing...Tobe

Post by bm_cricket » Sat May 22, 2010 10:44 pm

TobeWilde wrote:Yah, we are covering the ugly orange sides and advertisements with banners and other stuff as soon as we set up camp.
Thank you Jesus!.. I mean Tobe. Thank you Tobe.

And welcome!
It was better next year. -Burners

chris2010
Burning Since: 2010

Post by chris2010 » Sun May 23, 2010 9:49 am

hi
~Chris~
2010, 2011)°(2013?

TobeWilde

Re: Introducing...Tobe

Post by TobeWilde » Sun May 23, 2010 12:24 pm

bm_cricket wrote:
TobeWilde wrote:Yah, we are covering the ugly orange sides and advertisements with banners and other stuff as soon as we set up camp.
Thank you Jesus!.. I mean Tobe. Thank you Tobe.

And welcome!
Thank YOU...and I am *not* often confused with Jesus, but a few guys have obviously thought I was God a few times, dunno why??? 8)

Looking forward! 99 days and counting!
(and as previous set designer who has hordes of props, etc. in storage, I'm having great fun engineering ways to use this stuff!)

Return to “The Greeter's Station”