First time burner with my sister!

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
Enderfish
Burning Since: 2010

First time burner with my sister!

Post by Enderfish » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:57 pm

So many great things in life come from hard work and planning ahead, but sometimes the universe just aligns and you are surprised with something that could change your life forever. That is what happened to me this past week!

A week after my 26th birthday I'm sitting around my house contemplating where the last 3 years have gone and what I can do to get my life back on track when in walks my sister exclaiming that she might be going to Burning Man and there is no one she would rather go with than me! As you can imagine I was overcome with excitement but didn't want to get my hopes up because I knew it was so last minute and was still up in the air. The next day I find out its definite! The tickets are bought and the plans are in place and we're going to Burning man!!!

My mind is racing and I can't stop watching every video, reading every forum, and pouring through every blog I can get my hands on! Every so often I see an image or read a post that brings me to tears. The pure love, imagination, and tolerance of this event is overwhelming and I keep wondering why I haven't gone sooner! My usual "blend in" mindset is shattered and for the first time in my life I think to myself "What would I really wear if I thought no one would judge me?" What a freeing thought that was! I've not even left my house yet and I already feel changed. Just the idea of such a place has made me wonder why I hide so much of myself from the world and I have already vowed to stop being so scared of what others might think.

I absolutely can't wait to walk around and give hugs to anyone that will take them! When I read about gifting I got so excited because when I used to go to raves, my favorite part of the night was giving away gum or cigarettes to other people. I would bring 6 packs of gum and cigarettes and give them all away throughout the night. If they didn't ask, I would offer, and if they asked for a cigarette, I'd give them 3. Seeing peoples surprise and happiness at being offered something with no expectations was amazing. And to hear that Burning Man is just filled with people doing the exact same thing makes it seem like heaven to me.

I already know this will be one of, if not the best experiences of my life but I am trying to keep an open mind to assure that I don't go into it with any expectations lol. I want to make sure I am prepared enough to have water, food, and a non-blown away shelter throughout the week and anything beyond that will be a gift!

My sister knows two people that are going but I don't know anyone so I just wanted to introduce myself here and say that I am so excited and humbled and grateful and I just can't wait to get there and meet some of you!

Bob Bitchen

Post by Bob Bitchen » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:41 pm

First Burn myself hope to see you & your sister there.

Welcome to eplaya :D

Daves not here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bob Bitchen

Those who want to be seen will never be seen even if they have already been seen.

Fuck Um if they can't take a Joke & Joke em if they can't take a Fuck.

Don't sweat the petty things just pet the sweaty things.

curiousgnate

Post by curiousgnate » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:52 am

your optimism is heartfelt and beautiful. let yourself shine grrrrll. you go be your inner self and shine shine shine. its gonna be a beautiful week and you have the perfect attitude. go go go go go! just keep in the back of your mind no expectations only revelations.
Creating Peace Through Anarchy Every Day!!! Stagger for life!

Kiro
Burning Since: 2017

Post by Kiro » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:03 am

.. See you there.

Sham

Post by Sham » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:11 am

Welcome enderfish. I'm sure you'll wonder what took you so long to make it to Black Rock City. Put me down for one of those hugs please!
See you and your sister soon.

bluesbob
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: AV

Post by bluesbob » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:52 pm

Welcome...see your sister on the playa!

Oh yeah...and you too.

Return to “The Greeter's Station”