All about the Beest.

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
Beest

All about the Beest.

Post by Beest » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:08 pm

Greetings my brothers, sisters, mothers, muthas, daddios, and other undefinable heroes of the desert.

My name is Beest.

A two-time Burner, I look immensely forward to meeting and dancing with you all come summer.

I'd heard about the Burn sometime in the late 90's, as a teenager and gave kind of a "hmmph, sounds cool" to it and thought not much more of it until 2004, when I arrived in Black Rock City for the first time.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Four intrepid Chicagoans cruising across the country in a Ryder truck, stocked up on sacks of potatoes and herb, barely a clue as to what awaited...

I was given the name "Beest" sometime Monday, after a day of roaming the streets, assisting where it was needed and mostly keeping my yap shut unless I felt I could contribute. Some fellow said, "Thanks, Hank Mccoy, you beast you." Shouts of "BEEEEASSST!" greeted me everytime I walked down that street, which led to how I spell it.

Life got complicated, a move to Denver, then Pittsburgh, and epic trips(and vacation time) moved to the front burner, and the Burn was put in the pantry for awhile.

In 2008/9 I cleaned that pantry out, and decided I needed to get back and get loose.

So in 2010 I did, and while drinking a Mojito on the catepillar at dusk I promised to return.

I started my savings account for 2011 immediately upon my return to "civilization."

However you Burn, wherever you're from, mega-sound camp or solo, I hope you take(and give) what you want from the experience.

***Sorta/kinda looking for a camp for 2011. I'll help you pop blisters and put your shower up. I dance poorly and often.

Until Sunday night..
Beest
"'They' need to fix this bike." -unknown
"No, 'they' don't. YOU need to see what can be done to fix it. I will help you if you wish it of me." -Beest, somewhere on Athens, late week, 2010

TomServo
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Black Rock City Assholes Union Local 668

Post by TomServo » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:04 pm

Welcome Beest! If you like Bloody Marys...and Dirty Martinis ( that just popped in my head).. Stop by BloodBath&Beyond! Were accepting campers, despite the economy...but I plan on making it happen.
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:06 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya! (tm) © 2007 All rights reserved.

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

delle

Re: All about the Beest.

Post by delle » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:57 am

Beest wrote: I dance poorly and often.
'Love it!!!

This is right at the top of the ecclectic list of perfectly acceptable behaviors at BM that keeps me pining for my first time.
Worry is a misuse of imagination

She had blue skin, And so did he.
He kept it hid And so did she.
They searched for blue Their whole life through,
Then passed right by- And never knew.”

Shel Silverstein

PavementBlues
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Sideshow

Re: All about the Beest.

Post by PavementBlues » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:48 pm

delle wrote:
Beest wrote: I dance poorly and often.
'Love it!!!

This is right at the top of the ecclectic list of perfectly acceptable behaviors at BM that keeps me pining for my first time.
Agreed! And bad dancers always look like they're having a better time. Funny how that works - it's like old people running around naked. We're not here to look good, we're here to have fun. Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:35 am

I nod my head to the beat quite often.

Boijoy
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Metro Mart

Post by Boijoy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:55 pm

AntiM wrote:I nod my head to the beat quite often.
ohhh Is THAT what you were doing?? I thought you were dozing. :)
don't forget to floss

Return to “The Greeter's Station”