First Timers From NL, Canada

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
itsallinthemind

First Timers From NL, Canada

Post by itsallinthemind » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:36 am

Hi Everyone!!!

My girlfriend and I are going to Burning Man this year and another couple is planning on joining too, all first timers. Was originally planning a trip to Vegas from Newfoundland, Canada but decided to make the trip for BM with a stop in Vegas!

I have read the main site and some forms on here, will keep reading over the coming months as well.

We are wondering if there is anyone else from Newfoundland or close whose been to BM or attending this year, if your not from anywhere near still feel free to post as looking to meet a few friends so we are not totally lost when we arrive!

We are planning on getting on RV for the convenience due to the distance traveling and between the 4 of us we can manage to save some shillings to split the cost. Still trying to figure this part out but know it must be done soon.

Anyways just looking to meet some awesome people who can answer a few questions as they come up.

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:44 am

Hey there, welcome to eplaya! (tm) © 2007 All rights reserved.

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Savannah
Burning Since: 2023

Post by Savannah » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:24 pm

My girlfriend and I are going to Burning Man this year and another couple is planning on joining too, all first timers. Was originally planning a trip to Vegas from Newfoundland, Canada but decided to make the trip for BM with a stop in Vegas!
Much better! :D

Rice
Burning Since: 2007

Post by Rice » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:13 pm

Welcome to the eplaya!!!

I have made the drive from Saskatoon, SK to Burning Man 3 times and flew to San Francisco and drove from there once. It is worth it. Each drive was around 6000Km (return)...

You and your friends are going to have an amazing experience!

It looks like the closest BM regional group to Newfoundland is in Halifax: http://regionals.burningman.com/ca_hfx_ns.html

Check out the online resources, and feel free to ask questions. Yes, there will be some snark but also a lot of useful information.

See ya on the Playa!!

Love, Rice

gyre

Post by gyre » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:56 pm

I've met other newfies out there.

itsallinthemind

Post by itsallinthemind » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:36 pm

Thanks guys, we are pretty excited (little nervous too of course) and look forward to meeting many great people, who knows maybe some newfies will be heading down other then us!

Lover

Some 'Scotians going as well

Post by Lover » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:32 am

Well Geez now bi'!
Couldn't see a fellow Maritimer posting on here without responding.

Myself and few of the gals and fellas will be heading out to the playa for our first time as well (only we are leaving from AB - some of those displaced Maritimers you know!)

Make sure to bring your Republic of Nefoundland Flag so that everyone can find you!
I will be rocking the CB tartan!

Hopefully we run into each other and we can raise our glasses and have a little clinker to the wonders that is the Eastern Canada!!!

xoxoxo
And here you are hurried,
And here you are gone;
And here is the love,
That it's all built upon.
May everyone live,
And may everyone die.
Hello, my love,
And my love, Goodbye
-L.Cohen

itsallinthemind

Post by itsallinthemind » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:53 pm

I didn't even think about the flag believe it or not.....haven't gotten to the fun part of the planning yet....only the logistics stuff so far!

I will definitely bring one or two flags and hopefully some people will recognize it, I am sure there will be others from these parts...even if they are coming from out west!

Embarrassed to say but I had to Google the tartan but will keep my eyes out now!

gyre

Post by gyre » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:09 pm

Tazz
Burning Since: 2006

Post by Tazz » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:50 pm

Had three Canadians (2 maritimers and one from AB) in my camp this past year. Great folks, eh! They found a Canadian camp that had it set up so that one could have their picture taken skiing down the mountain (in the desert!). When the picture was taken using the flash, the playa dust made it look like it was snowing!! Really cool pic.

Tazz

itsallinthemind

Post by itsallinthemind » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:29 pm

So I may get tagged...eh?Lol...I don't plan on having a Canadian flag on me but if someone catches me I probably wouldn't put up too much of a fight!

The picture sounds pretty cool, I guess you never know what you'll find!

Stickygreen

Post by Stickygreen » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:49 pm

[quote="Tazz"]Had three Canadians (2 maritimers and one from AB) in my camp this past year. Great folks, eh! They found a Canadian camp that had it set up so that one could have their picture taken skiing down the mountain (in the desert!). When the picture was taken using the flash, the playa dust made it look like it was snowing!! Really cool pic.

Tazz[/quote]

The camp you are refering to is après ski, they were around 3:30 and C, don't know if they are returning, but they do throw one hell of a shin dig on there party night!
)'(

Return to “The Greeter's Station”