HOWDY yall! im from texas!

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
Puckmaster

HOWDY yall! im from texas!

Post by Puckmaster » Tue May 03, 2011 7:43 am

Lol srsly I don't talk like that.......HI! I'm Puck from houston leading a camp full of virgins into the desert this year (myself included) can't wait to see u guys and experence my first burn!
Ring Master
Tsirko Metamorfosi!

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Tue May 03, 2011 8:29 am

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

tamarakay
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by tamarakay » Tue May 03, 2011 3:25 pm

Howdy right back at you! There are a LOT of texans going this year! Check out the regionals page on the main site and i bet you find some fellow houstonians!

I sorta do talk like that. I love a good drawl.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man - Token

Getting overly dramatic about the ticket sale process is so 2012. - Maladroit

http://www.dyewithdignity.com

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Tue May 03, 2011 3:48 pm

Hey Puckmaster!

Make sure you & your virgins read the Survival Guide.
http://www.burningman.com/preparation/e ... index.html

And show each other your tickets (or proper ID and confirmation number for Will Call) before you leave. :)

Welcome!

Sschade

Post by Sschade » Wed May 04, 2011 8:20 am

Hello there Puckmaster!
-The chaos sings of symmetry and all her words are poetry, that's the kind of city which I want to belong.

teardropper
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: The late Lazy Fucks. Now Orphan Eaters.

Re: HOWDY yall! im from texas!

Post by teardropper » Wed May 04, 2011 9:03 pm

Puckmaster wrote:Lol srsly I don't talk like that.......HI! I'm Puck from houston leading a camp full of virgins into the desert this year (myself included) can't wait to see u guys and experence my first burn!
Welcome.

Many Texans on the board. Is the quota filled yet?
\^/
/..\ Furthur

TomServo
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Black Rock City Assholes Union Local 668

Post by TomServo » Wed May 04, 2011 9:19 pm

teardropper wrote:
Puckmaster wrote:Lol srsly I don't talk like that.......HI! I'm Puck from houston leading a camp full of virgins into the desert this year (myself included) can't wait to see u guys and experence my first burn!
Welcome.

Many Texans on the board. Is the quota filled yet?
I grew up in Plano, TX..but a California native, and current resident...that count? Welcome to eplaya!
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..

Puckmaster

Post by Puckmaster » Thu May 05, 2011 6:49 am

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!
Ring Master
Tsirko Metamorfosi!

penrose

Post by penrose » Thu May 05, 2011 7:03 am

Are you going to Flipside?

http://burningflipside.com/

I would but for that job, distance, time, and money thing.

Puckmaster

Post by Puckmaster » Thu May 05, 2011 7:58 am

No the entire rest of my camp is but I didn't get a ticket in time :(
Ring Master
Tsirko Metamorfosi!

Puckmaster

Post by Puckmaster » Thu May 05, 2011 7:59 am

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!
Ring Master
Tsirko Metamorfosi!

Dr Jet Sinister
Burning Since: 1986

Post by Dr Jet Sinister » Thu May 05, 2011 8:04 am

Welcome!

You're not Puck from the Real World are you?
Suck it.
"They're like a bunch of Honey Badgers in a sea of hippies." -Goathead

The Hustler

Post by The Hustler » Thu May 05, 2011 9:51 am

I'm in San Antonio, sometimes Austin but I proudly retain my New England/East Coast/NYC diction (and sarcasm, lack of patience, pretentiousness ... )

This is my first burn as well. Like Savannah said, read the survival guide. There is a shit-ton of information here and the Burning Man website, read every word of it and you should be OK. Get everyone to read it, and give serious thought to how and what you're packing.

Remember, this is a week-long, unsupported camping trip to the high desert. Keep in mind the constant wind and the blowing dust as well.

See you there :)
"I knew it was wrong, but I did it anyway."
Jesus fuckhole, what the fuck was that?
"Playa dust might be the cleanest, most corrosive filth you'll ever love," Savannah said.

Jiā yóu!

penrose

Post by penrose » Thu May 05, 2011 12:19 pm

Also bring your Texas shit-kicking boots for the guy on your street whom you realize is surviving solely on the kindness of others.

teardropper

Post by teardropper » Thu May 05, 2011 12:28 pm

Super Evil Brian wrote:Remember, this is a week-long, unsupported camping trip to the high desert. Keep in mind the constant wind and the blowing dust as well.
As a virgin, Super Evil Brian speaks well. I tend to make lists of what to take, and add and subtract as it goes along. What, 119 days till the Man burns, subtract six till the playa. And you're coming from Texas... Start now. I feel I was prepared for my first Burn. Some would say obsessed. But on the playa people come to me for things. That way the shit that happens is totally out of the blue. And shit will happen. But prepare. And Black Rock City will just be a week long camping trip.

On the Moon...
\^/
/..\ Furthur

The Hustler

Post by The Hustler » Thu May 05, 2011 1:39 pm

teardropper wrote:
Super Evil Brian wrote:Remember, this is a week-long, unsupported camping trip to the high desert. Keep in mind the constant wind and the blowing dust as well.
As a virgin, Super Evil Brian speaks well. I tend to make lists of what to take, and add and subtract as it goes along. What, 119 days till the Man burns, subtract six till the playa. And you're coming from Texas... Start now. I feel I was prepared for my first Burn. Some would say obsessed. But on the playa people come to me for things. That way the shit that happens is totally out of the blue. And shit will happen. But prepare. And Black Rock City will just be a week long camping trip.

On the Moon...
I plan the shit out of every crazy adventure, study details and weather paterns and things. I found a long time ago, the more I prepare, the more I can just make it up as I go along and not worry.

I'm a total virgin to BRC and I'm pretty sure I'll still be wonderfully surprised when I get there.
"I knew it was wrong, but I did it anyway."
Jesus fuckhole, what the fuck was that?
"Playa dust might be the cleanest, most corrosive filth you'll ever love," Savannah said.

Jiā yóu!

teardropper

Post by teardropper » Thu May 05, 2011 2:18 pm

Super Evil Brian wrote:I'm a total virgin to BRC and I'm pretty sure I'll still be wonderfully surprised when I get there.
Yeah. No shit...
\^/
/..\ Furthur

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu May 05, 2011 4:03 pm

penrose wrote:Also bring your Texas shit-kicking boots for the guy on your street whom you realize is surviving solely on the kindness of others.
However, the lack of cockroaches and building corners means that you can leave the pointy-toed ones at home.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

illy dilly
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Post by illy dilly » Fri May 06, 2011 9:39 am

Welcome Puck!
As previously mentioned the Survival Guide will teach you how to Survive- ePlaya will teach how to make playa life 'easier' and play more fun!

How many people are gonna be in your camp? And what vehicles do you plan to use?
Do you have a shared shade plan yet?
Are you each in charge of your own food, or one big communal kitchen?
Ditto for liquor and beer?
Cooking utensils?

These are the first things our camp figures out each year. Once these basics are squared away and everyone agrees- then the fun stuff planning gets to take over!
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave

Puckmaster

Post by Puckmaster » Sun May 08, 2011 6:57 pm

illy dilly wrote:Welcome Puck!
As previously mentioned the Survival Guide will teach you how to Survive- ePlaya will teach how to make playa life 'easier' and play more fun!
Honestly reading the survival guide is what finally made me decide to spring for a ticket ^_^

[quote="illy dilly"
How many people are gonna be in your camp? And what vehicles do you plan to use? [/quote]
At this point the count is 7 we bought a school bus that we are working on overhualing ^_^
illy dilly wrote: Do you have a shared shade plan yet?
Hehe we finally finished fighting about that last night at our burn meeting. We are setting up what amounts to a half a monkey hut off each side of the bus
illy dilly wrote: Are you each in charge of your own food, or one big communal kitchen?
Ditto for liquor and beer?
Cooking utensils?
We are doing the communal thing and just charging each person like 500 bucks for gas food camp structures etc.
illy dilly wrote: These are the first things our camp figures out each year. Once these basics are squared away and everyone agrees- then the fun stuff planning gets to take over!
I really hope the fun part of planning starts soon lol no really im having a blast getting ready. I BOUGHT JUMPING STILTS TO TAKE TO THE BURN!!
Ring Master
Tsirko Metamorfosi!

Return to “The Greeter's Station”