Virgin Burner From Colorado needs help

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
ultratang7
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Camp D.O.A.

Virgin Burner From Colorado needs help

Post by ultratang7 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:44 pm

Hi, I bought my ticket when they first went on sale and since then, my group has all but fallen apart(break-ups, lack of work, etc) I'm looking for a ride from Colorado. I live in Steamboat Springs, but could make it to Denver to meet a ride. I'll have gas money, but I do not have a drivers licensce. Thankyou.
my email is [email protected]
Did someone say Crisco-Twister???

dragonpilot
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Red Tea Camp

Re: Virgin Burner From Colorado needs help

Post by dragonpilot » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:07 pm

Post your ride needs here:

http://rideshare.burningman.com
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.

illy dilly
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Post by illy dilly » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:01 pm

Hey Ultratang welcome to eplaya!

Tell us a little bit about your self?
Do you have a camp once you get to the burn?
How old are you?
Have you ever been to burning man before?
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave

ultratang7

Post by ultratang7 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:39 pm

My name is Shawn, I'm 33 and this will be my first time out. I have hooked up with some guys coming out from Florida and Alabama, and it will be their first time too. We are all very excited. I had plans with a group, but at the last minute, it all fell apart, so I feel fortunate to have been accepted into these guys' group. Everything seems to be falling into place.

Savannah
Burning Since: 2023

Post by Savannah » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:47 pm

I'm glad, Shawn!

You've read the Survival Guide, right?
http://www.burningman.com/preparation/e ... index.html

If not, there might be a 2011 Guide in just a day or two--at this point. :D

P.S. Funny thing: the Burn was the motivation behind my finally acquiring a driver's license.

illy dilly

Post by illy dilly » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:08 pm

Hey Shawn, Welcome to ePlaya!
I've been talking to Souldrifter about the best way to get their old RV up to Steamboat.
What are your thoughts?

I think it would be cheaper and easier for you to catch a ride to Denver. Maybe talk one of those slacker that is backing out to at least give you a ride down here. Its the least they could do!

We're leaving on the 27th. We should caravan out!
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:01 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!

Have questions? Read this first: http://www.burningman.com/first_timers/
Everybody on eplaya is always excited to help first timers; but in sympathy for some of us old timers, please get your required reading out of the way before posting. As hard as it is to rein in the the excitement and enthusiasm, and as unbelievable as it might seem, most of your questions have already been asked and answered, if you just take a moment to read.

Now, let the adventure begin!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

ultratang7

Post by ultratang7 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:12 pm

Thanks you guys, especially illy dilly and Savannah. I was able to hook up with a ride, but thank you anyway. Your kindness is not going unappreciated. I do, however know of somebody else who asked me for help, here in steamboat. She is a cool girl, with a ticket and no ride.

illy dilly

Post by illy dilly » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:40 am

So you're not the person from Steamboat the Souldrifter is meeting up with? Or did I confuse something again?
Cause that would be a crazy ass coincidence. That they are from Florida, and are picking someone up from Steamboat. And you're in Steamboat meeting with people from Florida. HOW NUTS WOULD THAT BE!!!!

You should tell your friend from Steamboat to come hop on ePlaya! Then we can talk to her, figure out whats up, and maybe help her figure something out.

souldrifter

Post by souldrifter » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:33 am

Hey Shawn it's Ken,here at Ben's checking out the Love Macheen.Slept in it last night,am in it now actually.This thing is badass!Way exceeded my expectations.I didn't think it would be possible to be more excited than i was but...We're gonna build a structure today to add onto the Love Macheen once we park it.We're thinking of turning the awning into an addition made of thermaply panels with thermaply sides,skirt the bottom of the LM,tarps,and rugs on the floor.that will increase our shelter area by approx.22x10.Any comments or feedback on this idea?

ultratang7

Post by ultratang7 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:18 am

That sounds great man, and I am so excited to see this beast. Even more excited to meet you guys. I think this arrangement will work out perfectly. :D

illy dilly

Post by illy dilly » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:15 am

Hey Souldrifter,
Just remember to be careful with the roll out awnings. They don't stand up real well to wind gusts. If they get bent, they wont roll back up, and you'll end up having to take it off the RV.
Maybe add extra bracing to the arms, like PVC pipe or something, zip tied real tight to the arms. Most folks will tell you not to put the awning out. Unless you have a real new RV and it has sway monitor in the awning so that when it starts to get windy a little motor will roll it back up.

maquetha

Post by maquetha » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:06 pm

hey guys im m im the girl from steamboat who really needs help getting to my first burn, im 29, and it means so much to me that i have this exerience in my life.. i cant explain.. i really feel i need bm for some reason i cant explain but i think it will help me on a personal growth lvl of some kind.
i am an avid camper and very much a survivalist i have absolutly no doubt in my mind that i wont be able to take care of my self, have it happen i get diconnected or lost for a while... i guess im just trying to assure everyone i will not need to be babysat..
i just really would like to have some one i know there to expeirience the whole thing with with me and be able to keep sharing when we come home..
i really hope everthing works out as i planned a yr ago..

please help?!?

illy dilly

Post by illy dilly » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:22 pm

Hey Maquetha, welcome to ePlaya!
Go ahead and start your own intro thread.

I'm assuming that you and UltraTang (shawn) are friends and will probably be camping together?
Well, actually just go ahead and start your own intro thread! Then we can play 20 questions!

maquetha

Post by maquetha » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:41 pm

i am quite computer illiterate.. this might take a while.. bare with me?

illy dilly

Post by illy dilly » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:47 pm

Go to the thread one level above this. The "Introduce Yourself" thread, where you can see everyones introductions. And then hit click NewTopic.
The button is kinda light blue with pink lettering, right above the big red-ish line near the top.

souldrifter

Post by souldrifter » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:10 pm

[quote="illy dilly"]Hey Souldrifter,
Just remember to be careful with the roll out awnings. They don't stand up real well to wind gusts. If they get bent, they wont roll back up, and you'll end up having to take it off the RV.
Maybe add extra bracing to the arms, like PVC pipe or something, zip tied real tight to the arms. Most folks will tell you not to put the awning out. Unless you have a real new RV and it has sway monitor in the awning so that when it starts to get windy a little motor will roll it back up.[/quote]

That is badass,I didn't even know there was such an animal as a sway monitor for awnings.At this rate,before you know it they'll figure out how to put a man on the moon :idea:

ultratang7

Post by ultratang7 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:39 am

Hey M, I think your going to be all set for a ride out there. :D

illy dilly

Post by illy dilly » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:01 am

ultratang7 wrote:Hey M, I think your going to be all set for a ride out there. :D
That is great news!
If need be your gang should keep in touch. We may have an extra seat for a ride out there. A couple that is going with us is taking a rather large RV and might have extra seats for the drive.
If need be I can talk to them about adding some riders.

Especially if we're all still planning to caravan out there!
I'm starting to think that maybe the CO to BRC Caravan needs its own thread under regional or maybe share resources.

maquetha

Post by maquetha » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:16 am

thats soooooo sick!!!!! soooooooo excited!!!

illy dilly

Post by illy dilly » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:26 am

OK guys here it is. I figured since there are a few of us talking about doing this I'd make it a post.
And who knows we might end up with a HUGE CARAVAN. You guys should put your input about the caravan in that forum. We'll make this work.

http://eplaya.burningman.org/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=42204

If there is anything I screwed up, I believe we are more than down to figure it out.

illy dilly

Post by illy dilly » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:43 pm

So apparently something happened to that previous thread and it disappread.
So I made another one.
http://eplaya.burningman.org/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=42308

Hopefully this one will stick around.

Return to “The Greeter's Station”