Laptop Burner Wannabe

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
sassypickins
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Pyrotex Conclave

Laptop Burner Wannabe

Post by sassypickins » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:00 pm

Hey everyone. I’m a 2nd year Laptop Burner, watching the Burn Webcast on UStream 24/7. My daughter, Ishani, should be there about now. She’ll be at 7 and Esplanade in her red gypsy wagon – stop by and say hi for me from YerMa! I had a blast last year, watching the webcast and checking out the chat. Viewing the playa live day and night was as close to being there as I could get, and I loved and appreciated the gift. Most often the camera was programmed to rotate slowly 360 degrees, zooming in and out on structures and areas, but the best times were when someone was manually controlling it or trying to, which was a wild and crazy adventure, to put it mildly. Always, always, it was entertaining. Looking forward to another fine time this week and I’ve cleared off my desk so I can put my feet up and enjoy. Play on, burners! Sassy

toddbigeasy

Re: Laptop Burner Wannabe

Post by toddbigeasy » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:43 pm

Hi Sassy!

Same here! I was watching the same videocam and in chat as you last year! I already have a reminder email set up from Ustream for when it starts tomorrow.

See you there!

ToddBigEasy

Sham

Post by Sham » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:22 pm

May I suggest that you two cut open a vacuum cleaner bag and shake it all over yourselves, so you can get that real playa feel! :D

sassypickins

Post by sassypickins » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:24 pm

:D --- Ummmm, MAJOR difference between what's in my vacuum cleaner bag and nice playa dirt, but since the playa hitchhikes around the country every September, it will bless my house when Ishani gets back! Hi Todd, see you on the cam chat. Sassy

lisadoll

Post by lisadoll » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:11 pm

Hi, I'm going but I can't make it till thursday. I went to Ustream to begin the week off but I can't find a Burn Webcast in the search. Do you have a link?

sassypickins

Post by sassypickins » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:32 pm

HI Lisadoll

Hopefully it is at

It's offline right now and I haven't been to it today until now to see if it has been up. Don't see any chat yet either. :cry:

Sassy

sassypickins

Post by sassypickins » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Lisadoll,

My bad, there IS chat on the UStream site, no live streaming yet. And you can listen to BMIR radio at http://www.bmir.org/

Hope you get there ok! Sassy

Return to “The Greeter's Station”