G'day! 2014 virgin from Cairns, Australia

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
ZimDownUnder
Burning Since: 2014

G'day! 2014 virgin from Cairns, Australia

Post by ZimDownUnder » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:02 am

Hello all!

Heard about Burning Man several top years ago but for some reason it really kept coming to mind over and over again the past year so I've decided to hell with it all I *will* do my utmost to get to BM 2014. It's obviously a fair distance from Cairns to Black Rock so that will be half the adventure but I've already told my company I won't be available from July 2014 onwards for the rest of the year! :D

Saving is going well, I have funds for the ticket when they go on sale, just have to cross fingers that the Internet for. down Under to the US is fast enough and stable when they go on sale!

Here is my line in the sand. Can't wait to cross that line...

----------------------------------------------------------------

tbucks
Burning Since: 2013

Re: G'day! 2014 virgin from Cairns, Australia

Post by tbucks » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:12 am

Awesome that you are making the trip! A lot of people say don't stress out too much if you don't get a ticket. Every year as the event gets closer, tickets become available (STEP exchange, last chance ticket sale, and people with plans that fell through). I definitely saw that last year. Obviously try to get one right when they go on sale, but if for some reason you don't, don't let that derail your plans. You will get one! Keep prepping and planning either way! Last year was my first year and I can't wait to go back.

TT120
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Orphans TOO!

Post by TT120 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:32 am

Hello and welcome to ePlaya! Thats a hell of a journey from Oz to BRC, It will totally be worth it!
Life's a bitch, then you go to Burning Man - Unjonharley
We welcome the stranger, but that doesn't mean we have to like them, nor they us, and that's alright. - AntiM

W6BJD

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:47 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Return to “The Greeter's Station”