Elcee Here!

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
ElceeExtraordinary
Burning Since: 2014

Elcee Here!

Post by ElceeExtraordinary » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:29 pm

Hello everyone! My name is Crystal, but I go by Elcee or Tiku. I'm a bright eyed and cheery addition to the Burn community. I know many people who have gone in past years and I am hoping to finally make it to my first Burn this year.

I am in artist in just about every sense. I see the beauty in everything and want to make it into something that others around me can see. I am a unique creature, an animal of a unique type. I'm timid, but when I feel comfortable I love to show it. My spirit animal is a deer, but really, I am an Elcee, something different. I have never felt like the people around me until I discovered my rave and festival family, and discovered what Burning Man is. I feel in my heart that Burning man will be my spiritual home.

I love you all and I hope to see you out on the Playa this year! <3
I believe that the less knowledge you have, the less you have to worry about, and the more calm your mind is. Knowledge is both a gift and a curse.

Elliot
Burning Since: 2006

Re: Elcee Here!

Post by Elliot » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:33 pm

Welcome to ePlaya, Elcee! And thank you for entering an avatar picture -- not everyone bothers. Good picture, too! (Is that a page of slides?)

If you have not already, you will want to read the First-Timer information on the web site, and sign up for the Jack Rabbit Speaks newsletter.

Many of your questions will be answered on the web site, and then I hope you will participate in discussions here on ePlaya.

Oh... are you near Port Townsend? I have friends there.

ElceeExtraordinary

Post by ElceeExtraordinary » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:53 pm

I'm not too far from there. the closest town to me is Shelton. You look north, out the back window of our home and you see the Olympics beginning to roll out. On a clear day, there isn't much more beautiful :)

Also no, haha it's just a bedsheet.

I know a whole family of people who attend the Burn, but I'm still on the lookout for maybe some theme camps to head out, but looking at the expansive list of camps is overwhelming! I'm thinking I'm just going to have to wait till I get there and see how the whole thing works before I make any real plans.
I believe that the less knowledge you have, the less you have to worry about, and the more calm your mind is. Knowledge is both a gift and a curse.

Elliot

Post by Elliot » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:59 am

People who are active and sensible and creative here on ePlaya often find themselves camping with other ePlayans. No worries.
Say, do you know anything about the annual Kinetic Sculpture Race in Port Townsend? I race in that some years.

ElceeExtraordinary

Post by ElceeExtraordinary » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:43 pm

I can't say that I have ever heard of it, but I looked it up and it sounds like fun! :)

Yeah, I'm hoping to become a close part of the community. My roots branch from what was a small rave production company, to festivals to volunteering at various events and now hopefully this!

Elliot

Post by Elliot » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:56 pm

Even your first year there are opportunities for volunteering. And, of course, the entire event is about volunteering oneself to whatever is going on, so to speak.

Then, in future years, you will be eligible for more serious volunteering like the Gate crew, Rangers and so on.

Monkeystyle
Camp Name: Morning Cock n' Tales

Post by Monkeystyle » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:10 pm

I agree with elliot, fantastic picture and welcome to eplaya. I'm attending for the first time too and everyone on here have been super helpful.

Return to “The Greeter's Station”