Hopefuls to come from Ontario in 2015

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
helloheezy
Burning Since: 2015

Hopefuls to come from Ontario in 2015

Post by helloheezy » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:17 am

Hey guys, my name is Hillary and I am from Niagara Falls, Ontario! My pal, Kelly, and I are hoping to come experience burning man in the year.

We love to make art, primarily painting and drawing, and can't wait to be able to experience and participate with all of the other souls in BRC.

We currently are having problems with setting up shelter plans as we are travelling internationally, and we are only 21 so renting vehicles (such as a van or RV) is extremely limited.

We are first-timers so any advice on establishing a campsite would be greatly appreciated!

Elliot
Burning Since: 2006

Re: Hopefuls to come from Ontario in 2015

Post by Elliot » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:32 am

Welcome to ePlaya!
There is tons of information here, going back many years. Spend some quality time reading, and see if you come up with more specific questions.

Drawingablank
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Post by Drawingablank » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:42 am

Welcome.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:43 am

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

nudiscofreak
Burning Since: 2015

Post by nudiscofreak » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:08 am

Hey Kelly,
I too plan on attending Burning man this year (from Brampton), and was facing the obstacles of setting up shelter.
We should discuss some possibilities as we learn further information about how to get all the needed equipment to the grounds.
my name is Soham, and I am 25.

dragonpilot
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Red Tea Camp

Post by dragonpilot » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:48 pm

Folks coming to the Burn from overseas are particularly challenged...at least you're already on this side of the pond. Try to link up with local Burners to share logistics challenges...chip in to buy an inexpensive, reliable van. I met a group of 6 Canadians coming down from Alberta that shared like a small commuter bus...the oldest was probably 24...they made a 3-day road trip of it. You've got lots of time to get it together! Welcome!
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.

drop_bear
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Totenkitten

Post by drop_bear » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:49 pm

Welcome Southern Ontarians! Be sure to check out BurnT, the Toronto regional group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/94278462150/. The decomp was just postponed due to venue issues but a couple of events have popped up in its place that look to be good times. There's also a drinks night every week, but that might be a bit far to come on a weeknight.

Return to “The Greeter's Station”