Greetings from Toronto!

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
livinglovingsteph
Burning Since: 2015
Camp Name: Camp Majestic

Greetings from Toronto!

Post by livinglovingsteph » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:33 pm

Hello ePlaya!
I am gearing up for my second burn, and after watching the discussions from afar I decided to finally create a profile and join in the conversation :)
Last year was my first burn, and despite some minor hiccups I think we did pretty well for a group of 5 virgins! This year only two of us will be returning, with 4 new virgins.
We are flying into Salt Lake City from Toronto, where we will be picking up an RV and making our way to the Playa.
We already have so many plans and ideas for participating more and really giving back to community. Last year we brought personal hand-held fans and lots of gum to the burn, and while people enjoyed those it was really our spontaneous idea to hand out our remaining freeze-pops on Friday that people really loved!
This year we are going to bring tons more freeze pops, and we are throwing around the idea of a taco-Tuesday dinner for whoever happens to be around!

Thanks for reading and I look forward to getting involved in some discussions on here :)

Drawingablank
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Re: Greetings from Toronto!

Post by Drawingablank » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:34 pm

Welcome to Eplaya.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:36 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:51 am

Howdy and welcome!

A tip from a Utah resident, wait to buy your booze until you hit Wendover, NV. Better selection, better beer, and you don't have to search for an open state run liquor store.

forrest Gump

Post by forrest Gump » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:12 am

If you are going to hand out food make sure you get a permit http://burningman.org/event/preparation ... ting-food/. Health inspectors are at burning man checking on people handing out food. You will not need one for anything in a package i.e. frozen popsicle but you do need one for any food that is prepared.
Peace
Dr. Baron von Realz esq.
)'(
“More magic less bullshit”
- Dr. Baron von Realz Esq.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:38 am

LivinglovingSteph Welcome to ePlaya. If you had just a few hiccups last year you guys did great. Handing out anything frozen is a special treat. Were you camped on H street? I got a frozen pop from neighbors late in the week that really hit the spot. Great gift idea. A lot of the people here on ePlaya get together for a party on Wednesday night at Barbie Death Camp. Come join us around 6pm. Let us hug you in person. Welcome.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Return to “The Greeter's Station”