Howdy from Virgin Burner in Austin

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
NOLASaint
Burning Since: 2016

Howdy from Virgin Burner in Austin

Post by NOLASaint » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:16 pm

Hey y'all. This is Suj from Austin/ Nawlins. I am a Virgin burner like some of you here and am very excited to get there and have this amazing BM experience with all of you. I was planning this trip with my friend who is a Birgin too but she might not make it because of school. We decided to be self-reliant by having our own camp instead of joining a camp.Together, we figured out the basics like what vehicle to use for the road trip and how to get there, what camping gear we need to buy and how to survive what ever desert throws at you. Now, I have to plan with her and without her. I am inclined towards partnering up with some one if she doesn't go.

Good thing this forum exists.I haven't camped much in my life but I am preparing myself through this forum. I am sure I can overcome the overwhelming of planning with all the info provided by veterans here. Hope to meet y'all at the Playa.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Re: Howdy from Virgin Burner in Austin

Post by AntiM » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:25 pm

Welcome.

If your tent is new to you, find a way to camp out in it at least once. Even in someone's backyard.

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:18 pm

Welcome!

There are a very large number of Austin area burners and some ePlayans over towards Louisiana.

Look up your regional, get on the regional Facebook groups and join in our banter on ePlaya. It is not hard to meet burners in person in major cities.

If you want to be noticed by location when you post, you can put location city(s) in your profile.

ePlaya really likes when people do their research before posting, then are trying to clarify or fill in missing, otherwise we can be snarky. If it's any consolation we are less snarky lately.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:42 pm

NOLASaint welcome to ePlaya. You have time to prepare. Come alone or with a rideshare. Keep it as simple as possible. The basics are enough to boggle the mind on your first trip. Hang out here and we'll hug you later. Welcome.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:17 am

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

NOLASaint

Post by NOLASaint » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:28 am

Thank You. I was actually planning to camp in the woods before I come to BM.
AntiM wrote:Welcome.

If your tent is new to you, find a way to camp out in it at least once. Even in someone's backyard.

NOLASaint

Post by NOLASaint » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:34 am

Thanks. Apparently the emails I have been sending to Austin regional network have been bouncing. I got them from BM regional network page, not sure if they are updated. I found a BM Flipside FB group though.
some seeing eye wrote:Welcome!

There are a very large number of Austin area burners and some ePlayans over towards Louisiana.

Look up your regional, get on the regional Facebook groups and join in our banter on ePlaya. It is not hard to meet burners in person in major cities.

If you want to be noticed by location when you post, you can put location city(s) in your profile.

ePlaya really likes when people do their research before posting, then are trying to clarify or fill in missing, otherwise we can be snarky. If it's any consolation we are less snarky lately.

NOLASaint

Post by NOLASaint » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:34 am

Thanks Elderberry
Elderberry wrote:Hey there, welcome to eplaya!

NOLASaint

Post by NOLASaint » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:35 am

Thanks Ratty.
Ratty wrote:NOLASaint welcome to ePlaya. You have time to prepare. Come alone or with a rideshare. Keep it as simple as possible. The basics are enough to boggle the mind on your first trip. Hang out here and we'll hug you later. Welcome.

Drawingablank
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Post by Drawingablank » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:58 pm

Welcome
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide

NOLAphile
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Camp ThumpThump

Post by NOLAphile » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:36 pm

Hi! We have a similar name so you MUST be cool. Welcome to ePlaya! Have you checked out the NOLA burner group? Throw me a message if you'd like - I'm more than happy to introduce you to some folks :)
2014 Souk Project: "Membranes of Marrakesh"
2015 Midway Project: "Dr. Thelonious D. RUM"

2016 Piazza Project: "I Tamburisti di FIREnze"

Click here to learn more about Camp ThumpThump's 2016 project.

Return to “The Greeter's Station”