Hi from Ireland!

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
adamkeni
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Camp Magic School Bus

Hi from Ireland!

Post by adamkeni » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:43 pm

Hi all!

First time Burner... Getting very excited now! :)

Thought I'd make sure to sign up here as I've heard nothing but great things in terms of researching preparation etc.

I'm traveling solo from Dublin, Ireland. Flying into Chicago for a long layover, then onto Reno for a couple of nights where I'll be meeting up with my camp (Camp Magic School Bus), should be about 50 of us.

Have most of my prep done in terms of stuff to buy and get ready already... :D Just need to figure out my 'gift' to the playa! I'm a DJ/producer so may look into filling a few slots for camps looking for someone for the graveyard shifts :D

Looking forward to the journey and the randomness :coffee:

Drawingablank
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Re: Hi from Ireland!

Post by Drawingablank » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:46 am

Welcome.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide

mojo

Post by mojo » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:24 pm

Double welcome! I was in Ireland this time last year for Body and Soul. Your biggest shock will be our "Leave No Trace" ethic. Let me know if you need any help.
Cum catapulte proscripte erunt tum soli proscripti catapultus haebunt.

adamkeni

Post by adamkeni » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:21 am

mojo wrote:Double welcome! I was in Ireland this time last year for Body and Soul. Your biggest shock will be our "Leave No Trace" ethic. Let me know if you need any help.
Ha, brilliant. This is my first year not doing Body & Soul (because of costs for burning man), so jealous of everyone heading down to it today...

Yeah, the leave no trace thing will be interesting to say the least, but I've read up on it and I think the key is prep... Like I'm gonna buy a load of ziplock bags and containers to bring my snacks/food so I don't bring any rubbish with me.

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:23 am

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

mojo

Post by mojo » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:40 pm

adamkeni wrote:
mojo wrote:Double welcome! I was in Ireland this time last year for Body and Soul. Your biggest shock will be our "Leave No Trace" ethic. Let me know if you need any help.
Ha, brilliant. This is my first year not doing Body & Soul (because of costs for burning man), so jealous of everyone heading down to it today...

Yeah, the leave no trace thing will be interesting to say the least, but I've read up on it and I think the key is prep... Like I'm gonna buy a load of ziplock bags and containers to bring my snacks/food so I don't bring any rubbish with me.
That is a lot but so much more. You will be shocked by a lot. Please send me PM's and I will be glad to help. This is our 18th year on playa so we are a lot jaded, but happy to help with what will be a big transition for you. We made a lot of new friends at B&S last year and are really happy to return the favor.
Cum catapulte proscripte erunt tum soli proscripti catapultus haebunt.

adamkeni

Post by adamkeni » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:38 am

mojo wrote:
adamkeni wrote:

That is a lot but so much more. You will be shocked by a lot. Please send me PM's and I will be glad to help. This is our 18th year on playa so we are a lot jaded, but happy to help with what will be a big transition for you. We made a lot of new friends at B&S last year and are really happy to return the favor.
Thanks mojo! I'll defo drop you a pm, any info is greatly appreciated :) Luckily I'm going with quite a large camp, some experienced burners, so between them and doing my research I hope to start off on the right foot :)

Return to “The Greeter's Station”