Re-virginized after a decade?

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
emotion_sickness
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Stag Camp in 2007

Re-virginized after a decade?

Post by emotion_sickness » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:57 pm

Hey everyone! My first burn was 2007 at Stag Camp, and like most people it changed my life. I quit my job in data entry for a trucking company, & have spent the last 10 years doing seasonal work at various national parks and ski resorts, learning how to DJ and snowboard (this year starting to downhill mountain bike), & living/traveling around the country in a 1990 E250 camper van.

Can't make it back to the playa for this year, but 2017 will be 10 years since I've been & I always told myself I would go back again & do it right! (Not that I did it wrong the first time or that there is any one "right" way to do it!) I have learned a lot of skills that I'm looking to put to the test next year, including wrangling cats, I mean, forming my own theme camp. Working on ideas & gathering a crew at the moment, but will keep you posted!

Feels good to be looking at coming back home! Hope you all have a great time this year, I'm sure it's gonna be so much better than next year!

-Tim

gaminwench
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Re: Re-virginized after a decade?

Post by gaminwench » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:16 pm

Hey, I remember you! 8)

Welcome back!
"the prophecies of doom were better last year" trilo

Elderberry
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:22 pm

Hey there, welcome (back) to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

shroom
Burning Since: 2010

Post by shroom » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:04 am

Welcome back! I haven't been since 2010 but plan on 2017 as well. Another re-virgin. :)
"Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire."~~Fred Shero

Sham

Post by Sham » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:24 pm

With a 10 year gap, you'll notice a big difference on the playa. Not bad, just different.
You have plenty of time to prepare and organize.
See you in 2017!

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:58 pm

emotion_sickness wrote:Hey everyone! My first burn was 2007 at Stag Camp, and like most people it changed my life. I quit my job in data entry for a trucking company, & have spent the last 10 years doing seasonal work at various national parks and ski resorts, learning how to DJ and snowboard (this year starting to downhill mountain bike), & living/traveling around the country in a 1990 E250 camper van.

Can't make it back to the playa for this year, but 2017 will be 10 years since I've been & I always told myself I would go back again & do it right! (Not that I did it wrong the first time or that there is any one "right" way to do it!) I have learned a lot of skills that I'm looking to put to the test next year, including wrangling cats, I mean, forming my own theme camp. Working on ideas & gathering a crew at the moment, but will keep you posted!

Feels good to be looking at coming back home! Hope you all have a great time this year, I'm sure it's gonna be so much better than next year!

-Tim
Stagger In! . . . Stag Camp is still going strong, although I'm uncertain as to whether you will know any of the current Staggers (Did you know Greg? He's still there. But another one of the O.G.'s--Motskyroonmatick--is now running Black Rock City Welding & Repair).

Glad you'll make it in 2017!
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

emotion_sickness
Camp Name: Stag Camp in 2007

Post by emotion_sickness » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:34 pm

gaminwench wrote:Hey, I remember you! 8)

Welcome back!
Uh oh nothing bad I hope ;-)
Savannah wrote:Stagger In! . . . Stag Camp is still going strong, although I'm uncertain as to whether you will know any of the current Staggers (Did you know Greg? He's still there. But another one of the O.G.'s--Motskyroonmatick--is now running Black Rock City Welding & Repair).

Glad you'll make it in 2017!
Yeah I remember those guys too! Motsky was talking about BRC Welding that year on the playa, nice to know he got it up & running! I will have to take my squad of virgins on a field trip to the new & improved Stag Camp next year & visit the ole stompin' grounds haha!
Sham wrote:With a 10 year gap, you'll notice a big difference on the playa. Not bad, just different.
You have plenty of time to prepare and organize.
See you in 2017!
What kind of big differences, other than the drastic overhaul to the ticket process, twice as many people, & FBI spying on all us terrorists? After 10 years I'm pretty much expecting it to be new to me all over again, which will be fun!

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:45 pm

If you noticed that your quotes looked jumbled, it's because your BBCode was disabled. (I fixed it). If you want to quote easily, ya gotta mess with your BBCode settings in your profile (enable by default), OR uncheck the box that says "disable BBCode" each time you post. :)
Yeah I remember those guys too! Motsky was talking about BRC Welding that year on the playa, nice to know he got it up & running! I will have to take my squad of virgins on a field trip to the new & improved Stag Camp next year & visit the ole stompin' grounds haha!
Yeah, Motsky ran his repair shop for years out of Stag, and 2 years ago he made Black Rock City Welding and Repair its own thing. Stag Camp still exists separately, and both are going strong.

I'm sure they'll both post in 2017 as to where they end up, and you can visit both!
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

Return to “The Greeter's Station”