New burning man book, co-authors needed

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
Sebastian healer
Burning Since: 2016

New burning man book, co-authors needed

Postby Sebastian healer » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:05 pm

I am preparing a manuscript with poems or deep personal reflections regarding the experience of the Burn.
It will be published in the early months of next year, the idea is to be able to take it and distribute it during next event.
Co-authors are welcome, please send your material to storres100@gmail.com , only authentic personal stuff.
Cheers

:coffee:

Sham

Re: New burning man book, co-authors needed

Postby Sham » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:36 pm

Sebastian healer wrote:I am preparing a manuscript with poems or deep personal reflections regarding the experience of the Burn.
It will be published in the early months of next year, the idea is to be able to take it and distribute it during next event.
Co-authors are welcome, please send your material to storres100@gmail.com , only authentic personal stuff.
Cheers

:coffee:

This sounds like a great gift idea, as well as a way for people to get their personal thoughts and stories out in the world.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby AntiM » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:49 pm

Welcome.

A wonderful concept! Love it. We'll move this to Art and Performance when the 2017 forums open. In the meantime, would you like to post an introduction, tell us a bit about yourself?
http://burningman.org/timeline/

Poke me to experience my gooey insides!

Sebastian healer

Postby Sebastian healer » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:58 am

I am Sebastian, 37y, I attended BM for the first time this year, after several invitations from my cousin in the last 5y. I came all the way from Italy, not knowing what to expect, cause the only explanation I was given, was "you have to come".
I was deeply moved by the atmosphere, positive attitude from the people, and the sincronicity of the events in the playa.
Came here tired, of being tired, with little energy left to give the world. Discover great people, weirdos as me, without society prejudices. I was able to heal and to help other people heal.
I was inspired by the event and immediately start writing poems and proses.
When there are lacks of words to describe an experience, sometimes poems may do it. Being BM a collective expression, I thought collective writing was a good option.
The book intention is to remind everyone during the year about the ashes of the Burn and to demonstrate to the default world a passage to a different and better reality.
I am a MD, and as a hobby I am a surfer, writer and painter. :D

graidawg
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: CAMP Hooker

Postby graidawg » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:55 am

feel free to use mine, that i wrote in 2011 before i got to BM the first time. they are on here as "the burner" thread
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.

Traveller in Time
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Neon Light Alley (should be: Camp Envy)

Postby Traveller in Time » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:21 pm

graidawg wrote:feel free to use mine, that i wrote in 2011 before i got to BM the first time. they are on here as "the burner" thread

Probably this conversation:
The Burner
Dreaming a temporary world improving the default world

Not expressing yourself but embracing all other expressions is The Challenge

...I can make anything I can imagine . . . I just can't make _some_ things happen

Have some Free will

AntiM

Postby AntiM » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:44 am

Sebastian healer wrote:I am Sebastian, 37y, I attended BM for the first time this year, after several invitations from my cousin in the last 5y. I came all the way from Italy, not knowing what to expect, cause the only explanation I was given, was "you have to come".
I was deeply moved by the atmosphere, positive attitude from the people, and the sincronicity of the events in the playa.
Came here tired, of being tired, with little energy left to give the world. Discover great people, weirdos as me, without society prejudices. I was able to heal and to help other people heal.
I was inspired by the event and immediately start writing poems and proses.
When there are lacks of words to describe an experience, sometimes poems may do it. Being BM a collective expression, I thought collective writing was a good option.
The book intention is to remind everyone during the year about the ashes of the Burn and to demonstrate to the default world a passage to a different and better reality.
I am a MD, and as a hobby I am a surfer, writer and painter. :D

Can't wait to exchange dust hugs!

A painter? You may enjoy my project, an on playa gallery where I gift art. I paint, not well or professionally, but happily. I love my project.

Sebastian healer

Postby Sebastian healer » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:56 am

Traveller in Time wrote:
graidawg wrote:feel free to use mine, that i wrote in 2011 before i got to BM the first time. they are on here as "the burner" thread

The Burner

How do I get to that area? Through time line BM 2011 and then? I am looking forward to include your material

Sebastian healer

Postby Sebastian healer » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:00 am

Can't wait to exchange dust hugs!

A painter? You may enjoy my project, an on playa gallery where I gift art. I paint, not well or professionally, but happily. I love my project.[/quote]

Where can I check your art?
We could organise a session of sunset or sunrise painting at the playa... It would be so cool, but we need to work with fast drying materials, not oil and to have a sort of tent with transparent windows to protect us from the dust:)

Token

Postby Token » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:14 am

Sebastian healer wrote:... to have a sort of tent with transparent windows to protect us from the dust:)

Doc, you are not getting it.

The wind and dust become part of the medium.

It's the journey.

You develop a new technique that incorporates the dust.

AntiM

Postby AntiM » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:19 am

Because I am not a professional painter, I do not have a site to show art. I do have a FB page for the camp, a topic here, and my personal album. My art is all over the internet, but not in one place. I should make an imgur album, yes?

I paint in acrylics because oils aggravate my asthma. I have never painted on the playa because I use a LOT of water while painting, and haven't wanted to deal with the greywater. But maybe live painting would be fun. Dust? I wouldn't worry about it, I bring home dust to mix in my paints. It would be just another element. And I could learn to live paint, something I might enjoy.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/521760284632565/

https://www.facebook.com/maggiemayday/m ... 713&type=3

I also paint Godzillas and monsters into thrift shop paintings:

(2009 art sampler): https://www.facebook.com/maggiemayday/m ... 713&type=3

viewtopic.php?f=468&t=76522

Traveller in Time
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Neon Light Alley (should be: Camp Envy)

Postby Traveller in Time » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:50 am

Sebastian healer wrote:
Traveller in Time wrote:

The Burner

How do I get to that area? Through time line BM 2011 and then? I am looking forward to include your material

The blue text 'The Burner' is a link to the conversation, took me some dozen pages searching for it indeed.
Dreaming a temporary world improving the default world

Not expressing yourself but embracing all other expressions is The Challenge

...I can make anything I can imagine . . . I just can't make _some_ things happen

Have some Free will

Return to “The Greeter's Station”