Can't wait to be able to go one day.

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
PuddyTatt
Burning Since: 2020

Can't wait to be able to go one day.

Postby PuddyTatt » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:41 pm

I live in the Reno area and have watched Burning Man grow to a world wide phenomenon. I'm an artist, singer, and writer but I'm not working in any of those areas. My husband and I both would love to attend. We're waiting for when my job allows for me to have the time off during Burning Man. So far, no go. My husband has become intrigued with Burning Man in part through the accounts of some of his employees' who have attended.

I anticipate finally being able to get the time off in a couple of years or so. My husband wants to be out of his business by then so we're hoping maybe 2018? I've been creatively stifled for too long. Attending will hopefully be a liberating and fulfilling experience!

lucky420
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Re: Can't wait to be able to go one day.

Postby lucky420 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:26 pm

Hola and hello...

Well you're in a super cool town for starters! There's lots of burner things happening throughout the year; art projects to get involved in, some of the Morris parties are burner themed (it's owned by a burner), etc. Join the Reno Burners Facebook page for the latest. Decom is this Saturday, check out Reno Decom fb page for all the details. It might seem a little intimidating (or not) but just introduce yourselves to someone and most are willing to be friendly and talk.

Stick around and get involved here too. Lots of good advice, tips, tricks and helpful hints :coffee:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Drawingablank
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby Drawingablank » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:42 pm

Welcome.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Elderberry » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:46 pm

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Postby Savannah » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:27 pm

PuddyTatt wrote:I live in the Reno area and have watched Burning Man grow to a world wide phenomenon. I'm an artist, singer, and writer but I'm not working in any of those areas. My husband and I both would love to attend. We're waiting for when my job allows for me to have the time off during Burning Man. So far, no go. My husband has become intrigued with Burning Man in part through the accounts of some of his employees' who have attended.

I anticipate finally being able to get the time off in a couple of years or so. My husband wants to be out of his business by then so we're hoping maybe 2018? I've been creatively stifled for too long. Attending will hopefully be a liberating and fulfilling experience!

Your commute to the Burn is the envy of all!

Welcome, PuddyTatt! :D
*** 2016 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

PuddyTatt

Postby PuddyTatt » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:29 pm

When I was 13, my parents took our family on a trip to Gerlach, in part, to soak in the hot springs. The trip fired my imagination as when I saw the vast dry lake beds I wondered how fun it would be to wind sail out there!

PuddyTatt

Postby PuddyTatt » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:56 pm

My inexperience at blogging is now having its effect, I'm trying to respond to an earlier post and instead posted in this thread. Not sure what I did wrong.

Return to “The Greeter's Station”