First time 2017

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
Tabcat_photos
Burning Since: 2017

First time 2017

Postby Tabcat_photos » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:19 am

Hi my name is Tabitha and I am a proud pre Op Trans woman from Central Florida. I am planning my first trip to Burning Man in 2017. Not only am I excited as I love camping. I will being doing my own personal pilgrimage to the Goddess. As a spiritualist I think it is important. Also going out to events where love shines is a place I need to go in order to reflect. What happened at Pulse was devastating, a club I used to go to and friends many wonderful people. I even knew a gentleman who died that night. To me being around the love burning offers would help me greatly as a tragedy like that is hard to forget.

I would any advice for my first trip to Burning Man. Like what are the best tents to get that can stand up to dust storms? I love tents but sadly don't have mine anymore.

The community is about giving back to the community and I was thinking of ether bringing my camera. My business is doing photography. A burning I would gift photos to people,. I risk damage to my camera which I fear as again it's my business camera. Another idea is to give free tarot readings, meditations and hugs as a way to comfort and help those in need.

Anyways I am glad to join this community and can't wait to next year.

Tabitha

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Re: First time 2017

Postby AntiM » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:57 am

Welcome.

There is a ton of advice about tents here, use google with eplaya as one of the key search words.

Do not take anything to the playa you cannot stand to lose or have destroyed. Cameras require special care and can still die out there. You can search for that too, as playa dust and electronics can be a poor mix, and knowing beforehand will help you decide if you can risk your work camera.
http://burningman.org/timeline/

Poke me to experience my gooey insides!

Tabcat_photos
Burning Since: 2017

Postby Tabcat_photos » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:00 pm

I figured so won't risk my camera. I do want to contribute some way though so I think spirituality would be good.

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Elderberry » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:29 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Postby Token » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:06 pm

Welcome!

I'd say ditch the camera. The camera is what you do, hopefully not who you are.

Go to burning man to be you, not your work.

So many ways to contribute, take a road less traveled.

Hang out here, join in the banter, see what makes sense.

Drawingablank
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby Drawingablank » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:32 pm

Welcome
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide

Return to “The Greeter's Station”