Hi, from the Netherlands!!!!

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
Pixiebug
Burning Since: 2010

Hi, from the Netherlands!!!!

Postby Pixiebug » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:57 am

Hi there!!!!!

In 2010 I made a 1 year and 4 month journey and went from North Canada to Peru I was 25 at the time. In the middle somewhere a certain someone said to me: "you have to go to Burning man, it is so you!!!". And so, in exchange for some help around the house she bought me a ticket and I went. Which was and will be forever printed in my joyful mind.

When I told my friends it turns out it was a dream for them to go too. And so in 2017 I am coming back and am bringing friends!!!!

So to do this we would like to join a campsite, It would be awesome of course to bring what we do best to Burning man, which is for the 4 of us different but could work to enhance a campsite.

I myself do a lot of fan-fire-dancing and am going to bring my electric violin. My awesome boyfriend is a Goa DJ and fixes electric stuffies.
My friend is an awesome cook, her lush Christmas dinners is one of the best ever and her boyfriend is a 90's mixed with dub DJ and is a programmer by trade.

Would there be a camp that could host us and we can apply for a ticket with??? It would be awesome to help make Burning man great.

With lot's of Love,

Janine, Marco, Marc and me Josine

Thecatman
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Re: Hi, from the Netherlands!!!!

Postby Thecatman » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:01 pm

WELCOME!! :D
My cats are cuter than your grandkids!

"Government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Postby Savannah » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:35 pm

Welcome, Pixiebug! :D

You and your friends sound like a talented group. I would strongly recommend you join the regional list(s) for your country and ones near it, and also maybe the All-Europe group:

http://regionals.burningman.org/

You can read more about forming a theme camp, or search the 2016 theme camps here, and apply to a few that are returning in 2017. (How do you know if they're returning? You'll have to check out their website, their FB group, or email to ask . . . )

http://burningman.org/event/camps/

The best way to get a Burning Man ticket is to register for the sales, or (as you've seen) to know a Burner who will sell to you (or in your case, barter it with you). So be ready to register in a month or two. Last year, registration was in February. And make as many Burner contacts as you can. Join regional groups, email lists, and attend regional events, etc. Burners like to sell to other Burners if their own plans fall through.

Note: it's unlikely that a registered theme camp you've never camped with before will allow you to apply for tickets with them. Directed Tickets--which are issued to experienced, exciting, Leave No Trace camps--are typically very limited in number. A camp of 40 people might be offered the chance to buy (for example) just 5 or 6 directed tickets total. Maybe more, maybe less. This means, however, that camp leadership is going to save those tickets for those who are bringing the infrastructure, or the people without whom the camp cannot function. Everyone else in the camp gets their tickets in the various sales, or buys them on the aftermarket.

Good luck, & welcome! :D
*** 2016 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Elderberry » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:06 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.

Return to “The Greeter's Station”