NEW from VIRGINIA!

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
xsnjones
Burning Since: 2017

NEW from VIRGINIA!

Postby xsnjones » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:10 pm

I'm new to Burning Man. I have been wanting to come for years!! Me, my fiance, and friends are attending this year (at least we hope to snag some tickets). I have so so many questions!!! Apart from reading everything linked on burningman.org, I have questions of my own! Who wants to help a virgin burner out?!?

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Re: NEW from VIRGINIA!

Postby AntiM » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:33 pm

Welcome! Please tell us a little about yourself, interests passions, quirks, why Burning Man appeals to you and your cadre. Shoe size. You're a virgin in a sea of burgins, let us get to know you!

You'll find a wealth of information in the Preparation forums, which is a great place to ask specific questions. The Tickets forum has some good general must read information. Read Stories and Philosophy, head on down to Open Discussion and say hi in The Bar, or play around in some of the fun threads.

Sell us your sooooooouuuuul ..... no, wait, that was 1996. No deposit required.
http://burningman.org/timeline/

Poke me to experience my gooey insides!

xsnjones

Postby xsnjones » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:03 pm

I'm turning 25 monday!! I have been into art my whole life. Down to drawing, creating, building, projects. I love it all! Although I am born and raised here in southern Va, my heart belongs in San Francisco, along with my fiancee. (he's born and raised in SF). I truly discovered more about myself since frequently traveling to and from there and doing other things in the world. I'm such a fun, openminded, and free spirited person who truly has very few limits within my moral. The culture and principles of burning man resonates with my soul and I know I was born to come to the Playa! I love who I am, and I want to give back to my world and people who are like me. Become one with such an explosive, growing, dynamic, beautiful culture like BM. I am a cosmetologist, and fantastic with my craft. I am getting some people together so they too can become or release who they need to be! I have so many ideas and ways to contribute! I already have a theme and lists of things I would like to personally hand make myself to hand out. I could spend all day thinking about this. But that's the beauty of it right?! I haven't made it to the Playa yet, but I already have so much love for the BRC community.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby AntiM » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:16 pm

Marvelous! Can't wait to hear some of your ideas.
http://burningman.org/timeline/

Poke me to experience my gooey insides!

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Elderberry » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:28 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.

Jeremy757jones

Postby Jeremy757jones » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:54 am

My girlfriend and I are going to bm for our first time this year. We are from the tidewater area of Virginia. Where you from?

Straightveg
Burning Since: 2012

Postby Straightveg » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:11 pm

Welcome to eplaya! Fellow Virginian checking in. Hope to see you out in the dust.
Black Rock City or and Bust Dust!
torrey.smith wrote:As they say, make a man a fire and you warm him for a night. Set a man on fire and you warm him for the rest of his life. (Or was it a fish?)
-Sarge

Shear racer

Postby Shear racer » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:36 pm

I am also a virgin from Virginia and a cosmetologist! I am going to the burn with my boyfriend. It helps me a lot bc this will be his 7th burn

I am from Charlottesville. It'll be great to see other Virginians on the playa!

Return to “The Greeter's Station”