first timer from PA

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
XPTom
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Shipwreck Tiki Lounge

first timer from PA

Post by XPTom » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:08 am

Good morning burners. Been lurking. Won a vehicle pass and tickets for two in the main sale lottery yesterday. Pickup truck with slide in camper. Figure on being mostly a sponge this first time. I'll sort the camp thing and other choices out after some BM experience. I'm an electrician..... and sparks are just another form of fire..... call electricity an "industrial art"
How many old burners does it take to change a light bulb? Just one to change the bulb..... and five more to reminisce how good the old bulb was....

flexibility is the key to success....... and poor planning is the key to flexibility

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Re: first timer from PA

Post by lucky420 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:59 am

Hola and hello...
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:53 pm

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

XPTom

Post by XPTom » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:13 am

Thanks..... this experience got interesting pretty quick. Wednesday I had a 2 tickets for 3 people and needed to explore late sales. One friend suddenly thinks showing up for work and making payments on the new house is important(radical self reliance gone wrong) and the other needs BM moved to November due to the probation for DUI she forgot to mention. Now I have a camper and extra ticket...... and only 5 months to solve that problem..... bad luck doesn't get better than that....
How many old burners does it take to change a light bulb? Just one to change the bulb..... and five more to reminisce how good the old bulb was....

flexibility is the key to success....... and poor planning is the key to flexibility

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:23 am

:D I'm sure you'll make plenty of good friends soon. Congrats
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Thecatman
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Post by Thecatman » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:59 am

WELCOME!! :D

Congrats on your tickets.

Where bouts in Pennsylvania?
We lived near Reading for 11 years (1989-2000) Fleetwood to be more exat.
My cats are cuter than your grandkids!

"Government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

XPTom

Post by XPTom » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:54 pm

The metropolis of Wilkes Barre. I try to hit Reading twice a year for the Air Show and NHRA drag races at Maple Grove. Top Fuel nitro methane racing engines and the clippity clop of horse drawn Amish wagons is an interesting mix. ....hmmm.... Amish burning man?? .... now there's an idea!!!

Thecatman

Post by Thecatman » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:46 pm

Oh yeah! Wilkes Barre. We went to a NASCAR race at Pocono Raceway in 1995. Terry Labonte won. Number 5 Kellogs car.

Glad Jeff Gordon didn't win.

We went to Steamtown once.

"Government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

XPTom

Post by XPTom » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:24 pm

I was at that race... infield... tunnel turn.... saying very unkind things about Mr Gordon when he missed the upshift with 7 laps to go. I normally wouldn't have cared, but I had drawn #24 in our friendly pool...... watched him lead for 125 laps .... the sparks that came out his exhaust when valves hit the pistons cost me $250...... grumble grumble....

Thecatman

Post by Thecatman » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:42 pm

I liked Ricky Rudd and Dale Jarret up until they retired.
I've since lost interest in NASCAR since everything is generic as far as the car bodies go.

Return to “The Greeter's Station”