Two Aussie Newbies coming for our first Burn

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
vixstarno1
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Looking for a cool camp

Two Aussie Newbies coming for our first Burn

Post by vixstarno1 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:37 am

Hi fellow Burners,
My friend, Jade and myself are coming over for our first burn and we can hardly contain our excitement!
We have a 12 seater RV which we are happy to offer seats in. We will be driving form San Fran.
Any suggestions on cool camps from previous burners would be greatly appreciated :-)

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Re: Two Aussie Newbies coming for our first Burn

Post by AntiM » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:56 am

Welcome Aboard.

Do tell us a bit about yourselves, as there must me more to you than being Aussies and having a van!

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:49 am

Hola and hello...
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:19 pm

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

btaouk

Post by btaouk » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:17 pm

Melbourne aussie newbie here with zero vans, thinking of doing my first burn hardcore, one-man tent style unless somebody has significant concerns i should know about?

Aussies any space on that van?

gbus
Burning Since: 2015

Post by gbus » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:45 pm

btaouk wrote:Melbourne aussie newbie here with zero vans, thinking of doing my first burn hardcore, one-man tent style unless somebody has significant concerns i should know about?

Depends how hardy you are. Your entire being will become dust and so will the inside of your tent. You probably won't have much shade. If that's all right, then go for it. If not, you could always try for a camp. In a camp you are likely to have access to a shower, basic kitchen facilities and usually shade. You will also be expected to contribute to the camp. It all depends what you are looking for.

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:19 pm

Baby wipes for cleaning up and you can find shade in center camp and at the open spaces at theme camps.
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Paul0esc0
Camp Name: Pussy Avalanche

Post by Paul0esc0 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:50 am

Heyooo
I'm flying into San Francisco the weekend before and looking for rideshare out to brc and back, if you've got space, I travel pretty light. First burn for me too. American, with friends in sfo.

What are your dates, do you think?

Paul0esc0
Camp Name: Pussy Avalanche

Post by Paul0esc0 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:51 am

Heyooo
I'm flying into San Francisco the weekend before and looking for rideshare out to brc and back, if you've got space, I travel pretty light. First burn for me too. American, with friends in sfo.

What are your dates, do you think?

Knot-O
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Down Low Club

Post by Knot-O » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:00 pm

Paul0esc0 wrote: I'm flying into San Francisco the weekend before and looking for rideshare out to brc and back, if you've got space, I travel pretty light. First burn for me too. American, with friends in sfo.
https://rideshare.burningman.org/
---
Join burners on the Mastodon social network @ http://burners.social

btaouk

Post by btaouk » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:41 am

gbus wrote:
btaouk wrote:Melbourne aussie newbie here with zero vans, thinking of doing my first burn hardcore, one-man tent style unless somebody has significant concerns i should know about?

Depends how hardy you are. Your entire being will become dust and so will the inside of your tent. You probably won't have much shade. If that's all right, then go for it. If not, you could always try for a camp. In a camp you are likely to have access to a shower, basic kitchen facilities and usually shade. You will also be expected to contribute to the camp. It all depends what you are looking for.
Iv researched the logistics and think it may be worth renting a van/caddy and driving in. Really it's the best way in terms of having a home base to lock ur stuff in plus I'll be purchasing a bike when I land in the states and don't wanna haul it around on the burner express. Is it harder to register with a camp if I also have a vehicle? Do most camps allow parking, or do they prefer vehicles with passes be left in a designated parking zone outside of the camp?

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:17 am

Parking at camps will depend on their size and layout. Some allow camping next to your vehicle, some allow it at the back of their space, others require you to park farther out. We park in our camp, within a village. If you rent a vehicle, you will have enough of a base camp you will not need to join a theme camp. Just because a shower is promised does not mean a shower is available when you need or want it, so examine why you want to join a camp, what they will require of you other than dues, and how much you feel you can just handle it.

Return to “The Greeter's Station”