Virgins here super excited

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
cryoguy
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: BRC Realty (tour of homes)

Virgins here super excited

Post by cryoguy » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:42 pm

Hi All – Almost retired engineer, coming 2017 with wife. One of my co-workers is a veteran of many burns, the more I talked to him about the event the more I wanted to go, my wife is super excited as well, our kids roll their eyes. Co-worker also warned me I may want to retire ASAP and never go back to work! Planning on camping around 3:00 or 4:00 in one of the outer rings, suggestion of my co-worker, less ambient noise and cleaner PPs.

Worked all last weekend to work out a shade structure, tried to design one myself, gave up since I am running out of time, settled on a monkey hut, put it up in the backyard, seems to work great, still much more to do. We are going to be volunteering, not sure where just yet, any suggestions?

Driving a 2000 GMC safari van without AC working, It will be just like the old days as a kid when our family took road trips in a station wagon without AC, hot as hell, or maybe even hotter!
Thanks, Cryoguy

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Re: Virgins here super excited

Post by AntiM » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:36 pm

Welcome Aboard!

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:37 pm

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:50 pm

cryoguy wrote:Hi All – Almost retired engineer, coming 2017 with wife. One of my co-workers is a veteran of many burns, the more I talked to him about the event the more I wanted to go, my wife is super excited as well, our kids roll their eyes. Co-worker also warned me I may want to retire ASAP and never go back to work! Planning on camping around 3:00 or 4:00 in one of the outer rings, suggestion of my co-worker, less ambient noise and cleaner PPs.
Quite a decent choice!
Worked all last weekend to work out a shade structure, tried to design one myself, gave up since I am running out of time, settled on a monkey hut, put it up in the backyard, seems to work great, still much more to do. We are going to be volunteering, not sure where just yet, any suggestions?
Monkey huts are great! If your tent won't fit under it, park the tent at one end and emerge into it when the sun gets too hot. Recliner camp chairs are nice if you want to/need to nap in the shade. Make sure not to use blue tarps on your monkey hut; they're noisy and fragile.
Driving a 2000 GMC safari van without AC working, It will be just like the old days as a kid when our family took road trips in a station wagon without AC, hot as hell, or maybe even hotter!
Thanks, Cryoguy
I remember those childhood days of cars with no AC . . .

Welcome, to you & your wife! :D
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

Jovankat
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Methuselah's Children

Post by Jovankat » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:41 am

Hi Cryoguy! Welcome to ePlaya!
cryoguy wrote: We are going to be volunteering, not sure where just yet, any suggestions?
I hear Arctica is a great choice for first year volunteering.
cryoguy wrote: Driving a 2000 GMC safari van without AC working, It will be just like the old days as a kid when our family took road trips in a station wagon without AC, hot as hell, or maybe even hotter!
It 2015 we had to turn the heat on and drive at 30pmh to get over the Donner Pass, we made it though and it was well worth the pain!

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:45 am

Welcome. Sent you an email.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

cryoguy
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: BRC Realty (tour of homes)

Post by cryoguy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:08 pm

Thanks everyone for the welcoming. Looking forward to coming home for the first time.
Cryoguy

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:21 am

A small spray bottle mister is almost like AC. Outbound, fill it with ice water from your visit to Arctica on-playa ice supplies.

A long time ago I did research at about .1 degrees K, vacuum above LH2.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Return to “The Greeter's Station”