Virtual Reality Bus // Looking Towards 2018

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
dreamwanderer
Burning Since: 2017

Virtual Reality Bus // Looking Towards 2018

Post by dreamwanderer » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:58 pm

Hello All!

I had a virtual reality bus set up at Disco Knights this past year and I had the time of my life... I can't wait for next year!

I'm hoping to contribute another virtual reality experience for 2018, and I was hoping to tie the experience in with the 2018 theme / artwork -- and possibly even present this work in SF before the Burn to build excitement. Something really special! Does anyone know who I can reach at BM org to possibly help me with this?

Also -- this past year was Disco Knights farewell year (legends) and I'm wondering if other camps may be interested in hosting a VR experience?

Last question! -- I met a group of folks on Saturday morning, they had a really rad art car that was basically like a convertible with a massive round Balinese wood sculpture on the back... So cool. I think they guys name was Bodie? Anyone know how to reach this person?

THANK YOU!

-Kyle
info@flatsitter.com

Sham

Re: Virtual Reality Bus // Looking Towards 2018

Post by Sham » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:38 pm

Hello Dreamwanderer,
Tell us a bit about yourself. What, where why? I think this will help people to guide you along the way.
Welcome to eplaya.
Sham....

dreamwanderer
Burning Since: 2017

Post by dreamwanderer » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:51 pm

Good idea, Sham!

I'm a virtual reality artist.

I've spent the past nine months touring around North America in a mobile VR gallery that I built.

Along the way, I met numerous people that encouraged me -- and supported me -- to make it to this past year's burn.

I grew up in the Midwest, lived in LA + NYC for 10 years, and I currently reside in Buffalo.

I'm also a vidoegrapher and a lawyer... Strange combinations. :)

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:37 am

Did you work with the Burning Man Artery last year? If not, you might ask them for project VR contacts. If you place art or get funded, read the contract thoroughly.

It's ideal to work in person with people you like, so perhaps your regional has art contacts. Toronto, nearby, is a big creative town. I believe there was a VR camp past year on playa too.

You may already know Kaleidoscope - kaleidovr is a production group out of LA with a lot of connections, but more for commercial projects. Same, NYC Eyebeam. With a good project, you could fundraise to scale out the headsets & renderers.

How do you like to work with partners? Do they bring the design execution and art direction? What technical environment are you targeting?

How would the content and interactivity connect with burners, not necessarily obviously.

On playa burners can be somewhat ADD, so it might be good to keep experiences short.

Best with your projects!
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Return to “The Greeter's Station”