A lot of Us want to go there!

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
leotrap
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: Steemit

A lot of Us want to go there!

Post by leotrap » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:50 pm

Hi Burners!
Im a part of a digital collective in where almost 50 people from different places around the globe and want to join this amazing adventure. We made some event two months ago in Portugal and we are thinking to do the next one in Usa and I thought that BM could be great so here I'm making some arrangements.

Minimum we are 50 people and want to know about all the info you considerer important cause I'm in charge of doing all the arrangementes by the way for all of them and as I see entries are selled one by person.

Anyway we are a collective in Crypto-currencies and also seems that pay is only via Credit Card... So can maybe someone help me with some doubts, maybe someone form sells or a cool Burner involved?

Love and Fire to all!
:)

Sham

Re: A lot of Us want to go there!

Post by Sham » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:08 pm

Welcome Leotrap.
There is quite a bit of planning for your first adventure to Burning Man. Since the event tickets have been selling out for the past several years, you may have trouble getting 50 tickets for your group to go. You can purchase presale tickets for more money, but you have a much better chance of getting everyone in the group an entry ticket. Here is the information from 2017 ticket information. The 2018 is not out yet, but this should help give you a good idea of how things work. https://journal.burningman.org/2016/12/ ... e-preview/
You will also need to bring everything with you for the week. Shelter, shade, food, kitchen, bikes and anything you may want for comfort. There is nothing for sale on the playa.
Feel free to search this site and read as much as you can. If there are any gaps in information, you can ask right here on eplaya.
You may also consider joining a local regional group. They can help guide you as well.
Good luck in your planning your trip to Black Rock City.
Sham....

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:00 pm

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:06 am

How about you come back when you've actually done some research yourself?

Or don't come back or invite those other 50+ clueless people either.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:43 am

Welcome.

Seems that you have a lot to learn about the event. First, you cannot buy 50 tickets en masse. Sham has provided the links, you and many of the 50 others, will need to read and grasp the ticketing process.

Second this gives me pause, "Anyway we are a collective in Crypto-currencies and also seems that pay is only via Credit Card... So can maybe someone help me with some doubts, maybe someone form sells or a cool Burner involved? " While I can usually piece together second language English, I cannot make sense of this. To buy tickets? Some other purpose?

Token

Post by Token » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:17 am

Looks like Leotrap is active on a site called Steemit, as listed in their profile.

My security software flags this site as suspicious and red-flags it. Most sites about "Steem Coin" are red-flagged.

"Steem Coin" is a block-chain cryptocurrency that appears focused on creation of online content. Some kind of voting based reward system that lets content creators get paid with funny money.

From their site:
steem.io wrote: Steem powers Smart Media Tokens
Steem is a blockchain-based rewards platform for publishers to monetize content and grow community.
Not sure it helps but there it is.

Looks like Leotrap is a native Spanish speaker based on their posts.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:16 pm

At work we would pull the 'coke points' off the bottom of the cases and enter them online to redeem later. 3 of us could get the max every month. The rest we could sell on a site where no money changed hands. We would build up credits and buy jewelry or junk. (I don't remember the site's name.) I probably have a store of $1,000,000 on there. Can I buy my ticket with it?
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
We're out there to play like adults with no adult supervision CaptG

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:43 am

I gave up on all that funny-money business when they I could no longer exchange my Betty Crocker box tops for BM tickets. I can't believe they shut that down in 2006!
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

Sham

Post by Sham » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:55 am

I have dozens of S&H Green Stamp books that I hope have some value towards tickets. :shock:
It would sure beat getting some crappy toaster.

AntiM
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:20 am

Sham wrote:I have dozens of S&H Green Stamp books that I hope have some value towards tickets. :shock:
It would sure beat getting some crappy toaster.
Mom?

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:35 am

Cryptocurrency can be converted to cash or deposited in a credit card account.

I would strongly suggest sending a few scouts to Burning Man in the first year before bringing 50. Send those scouts after reading all the orientation material at the top of this page.

There are hundreds of festivals 50 can attend in the USA, Canada or worldwide instead of Burning Man.

The Burning Man org loves it when people purchase the presale tickets ($990/$1200US + 9% tax + shipping) and that is the only way you can guarantee getting 50 tickets. Last year the presale was about 2 months before the main sale. That 2 months can save on international airfare reservations. RVs can also need reservations far in advance.

If you bring 50 people now or in the future, they all, every single one, has to read up and prepare before the event. You cannot be responsible for managing their preparation and knowledge for the event.

There are so-called plug and play PnP and concierge camps which are not respected by most of the commenters on ePlaya. In fact many of us think they should be banned entirely. They charge thousands on up and arrange a camp, food and even tickets. They could do that for 50 easily. Hahaha they may even take cryptocurrency in payment. I don't know how the Shiftpod camp works but they are involved in cryptocurrency (in a good way.)

ePlayans always would like to know what art are you bringing and where are you volunteering?
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Return to “The Greeter's Station”