Ohio virgin, hoping 2018 is my first

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
saraingreen
Burning Since: 2018

Ohio virgin, hoping 2018 is my first

Post by saraingreen » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:54 pm

Helloooo community peoples!
I have been a Burning Man stalker for a number of years... at least 10 I think! I haven't made room in my life for it in the past, and it is way overdue. I am hoping to get tickets during the main sale, and hoping this year is the year I make it to the desert. I love the 10 principles. I love helping others and the concept of working together and playing together to make this world go around makes my heart very happy. It's hard living in this world sometimes when you have the lack of the above around you. I'm working to make more of that my reality, and feel it's time I make the journey. I filled out a volunteer application, and I'm hoping to connect with some regional events. Moved to Ohio after living in California for several years, and just haven't found my tribe. I love people, but sometimes find it hard to get out there and find them! Love to you all!

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Re: Ohio virgin, hoping 2018 is my first

Post by AntiM » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:19 am

Welcome Aboard!

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:22 am

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:55 pm

Saraingreen welcome to ePlaya. Good luck in the ticket race. It's great that you're starting your prep now. Might I suggest that you only sign up for 1 or 2 volunteer shifts on your first year. (You can always work more even if you don't sign up in advance.) An awful lot of first timers spend the week in awe of the city. So much to do and see. It's hard to make your sleep and wake schedule match your volunteer shifts.

Let us help you with answers. We'll hug in person at the ePlaya Meet & Greet party.
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
You should start doing drugs, it doesn't mess you up as much. CaptG

Elliot
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Elliot’s Bicycle Service

Post by Elliot » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:56 pm

Welcome to ePlaya, Saraingreen!
It sounds like you do indeed have the makings of a Burner.

Ratty mentions a good point -- go light on your commitments in your first year. And remember to sleep.

If you have not already... sign up for Jackrabbit Speaks, which is the official e-newsletter where all important information is published. There is a place on the website to subscribe, and it costs nothing.

And of course... read the Survival Guide and the other First-Timer information. Yes, you probably already have, many times. :P

Do you have any specific talents or skills or wishes-&-hopes about contributing to the BRC community?

By the way...
saraingreen wrote:... .... It's hard living in this world sometimes when you have the lack of the above around you. ... ...
Some of us have more experience with this sort of thing than others, and we are always open to talking about... well, anything.
:D
Elliot's Naked Bicycle Service, Healing Arts, Body Paint & Piano Bar
No phones, tobacco, or politics in our public area, please.

In the 3:00 G Plaza this year

Bike come unglued? Take it to the nude dude!

Email: elliotsbikes@outlook.com

Return to “The Greeter's Station”