Hello from Portland!

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
tygamilk
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Hello from Portland!

Postby tygamilk » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:47 am

Hello everyone! My name is Toshi :) I've been reading up and following various Burning Man groups via Reddit and Facebook for quite some time now. All the stories, events and tips everyone posts has only ever made me want to go even more. It's been difficult to actually try to go until last year because of my financial status but now I am pretty comfortable and want to try to get tickets again this year. I'm praying to god that I will get through the waiting page this year! I know there's always the STEP program and OMG sale but even that didn't help last year. I don't think I can wait to go another year if I don't get tickets. I might just go anyway and hope and pray I find tickets and a vehicle pass there! I'm in severe need of dusty hugs on the playa from new friends! Hope to see you all this year!

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: Hello from Portland!

Postby Elderberry » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:34 am

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby AntiM » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:17 am

Welcome Aboard!

Just heading out hoping for tickets is not a great plan. Have you found your local burners? They're going to be your best bet for third party tickets. Do be careful, the scammers know people get desperate. Even here on eplaya. But you will find a way!

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Postby some seeing eye » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:56 pm

1. Go to The Roadside Attraction 1000 SE 12th between 6-11PM any Tuesday. It's a weekly burner meetup. Introduce yourself.

2. Read all the prep information links completely at the top of this forum. That will take a few days.

3. Frankly, Reddit and many FB groups are weak information sources in comparison to 1 & 2.

Welcome!
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Return to “The Greeter's Station”