Final step in letting my ego go!

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
Intrinzic
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: Barista & Beats

Final step in letting my ego go!

Post by Intrinzic » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:59 am

I'm letting go of my ego! I realize that it, and I have never got along. It's caused torment, and pain. Tears, and frustration result all because of a dark energy that was trapped inside, Slyly altering my perception in a way that went unnoticed. I receintly decided I wanted off of the merry go round life I'd been living. It was a never ending circle of health problems, then vehicle problems, then relationship problems, and finally looking for a place to live. 35 years on that same loop, and it finally dawned on me. a Dejavu if you will, I realized the choices I had been making, are what was causing the results I was getting. It was at that point I decided I needed to listen to my gut instinct before it decided to tell me to kick rocks, and stop trying to help me. I started paying attention when I'd get lost in thought about something that in the past had hurt me, and to the times I got frustrated, or upset about something that I was in no way, shape or form in control of. I realized that if I am being true to me, the actions, and perception's of other's couldn't affect me. Holy shit! It's that easy! No kidding, the huge ball of weight I had been carrying around in my chest was gone! I didn't have to change my way of thinking. All I had to do was get out of my head, and acknowledge that the negative energy I was feeling, was a memory. It wasn't happening in the moment I was in. Think of it like you're watching a TV show, and you are watching yourself thinking about the thought on the screen. Before I knew it, I no longer found myself putting any energy into past experiences which caused me pain or sadness. I no longer dwelled in the past! From there my journey snowballed. If I was in a situation that didn't suit me, I'd leave. I wouldn't stay there and be uncomfortable so I didn't offend someone, or make them feel bad, like the old me would have. Don't get me wrong. I still have empathy, Although realizing that it's not possible to help others, if I haven't helped myself first and foremost. If I'm being true, then only good will become of it. I've dreamt of Burning Man for years now, and always vowed that it'd be one of the experiences I'd have while I was on this earth experiencing things. I believe there's a reason it hasn't been written in the stars for me, until now. I've leveled up so much in the past year, and I truly believe with all my heart, attending BM 2018 will put the cherry on top of the delicious transformation I'm going through. I can only imagine, a whole city of true souls. People who think like I do, and people who only give unconditional love. I'll be volunteering with the Barista & Beats camp, and they've asked me to play a DJ set as well!! EEEEK!! I can't wait to feel what heaven on earth is like. I can't wait to physically meet and hug all you beautiful souls! I don't know what to expect, or what magic will happen, although the true me is alright with not knowing, because I've learned that when you're true, inevitably, only amazing is possible!!

JohnnyA
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Real Pirate Radio

Re: Final step in letting my ego go!

Post by JohnnyA » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:10 pm

1) Welcome to ePlaya, and I hope that you enjoy your 1st year at Burning Man! :D

2) Paragraph breaks make your writing much easier to read. Most folks will refuse to read large walls of text.

3) Please, don't set your expectations quite so high ... you run the risk of ending up disappointed and disillusioned.

4) Please read this ... This is Not the Utopia You’re Looking For

gaminwench
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Post by gaminwench » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:02 am

Yeah, burning man is not the Utopia you long for.

It will be challenging, enlightening, opening, dusty, HARD (not in the good way), and wonderful.

Or not.

Expectations can be difficult, newbie.

Open to THAT WHICH IS, that *which is not* can also be valuable.
"the prophecies of doom were better last year" trilo

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:35 am

Welcome Aboard.

Congrats on the transformation. However, we're just people and Burning Man is essentially just camping trip. A hot, dusty, difficult, fantastical, camping trip, which may or may not be wonderful.
I can only imagine, a whole city of true souls. People who think like I do, and people who only give unconditional love.
Again, we're just people. We may be burners, but we are not all loving saints. Some of us are quite gruff. Others are doing their own thing and will not see you for yourself. And yes, we do have some less than ideal individuals. Come into it open and loving, but mindful of protecting yourself, physically and emotionally. You'll see. Here's to finding what you seek!

tatonka
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Rancho Deluxe

Post by tatonka » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:47 am

everyone talks of letting go your ego , I find that difficult to do . My ego has helped me in everything I tried to do . MY best example is when I used to box in the ring. If I didnt believe I was the best , I wouldnt win the fight. I had to know I was the best , and Its a real crusher when you lose :( I know believing in yourself works ,152 fight 2 losses :)
Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed by the masses.
-Plato

If a good man is offered power , he has to lower himself to pick it up .

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Post by Token » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:29 am

Couldn’t read more than the first few sentences. All hyperbole and vague run-on concepts and no breaks to conclude any thoughts.

Is the person suicidal?

Do we need to put a spotter on them full time?

Anyway, the first few writs smelled of vast disappointment for the OP.

Good luck buddy with the self-realization/help. The 90s were all the rage for that.

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:59 am

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:03 pm

Leggo my ego....
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:09 pm

Welcome to eplaya. May all your dreams come true.

I couldn't read it either. I want you to pick out the high points for me.
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
You should start doing drugs, it doesn't mess you up as much. CaptG

AfricanFire
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Astral Headwash

Post by AfricanFire » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:10 pm

I can only imagine, a whole city of true souls. People who think like I do, and people who only give unconditional love.
Looks around - yep, this is in fact ePlaya. Ummm, OK dude. Hope you find this city of true souls out there somewhere....

Return to “The Greeter's Station”