Burning man rookie

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
Amichelle
Burning Since: 2018

Burning man rookie

Post by Amichelle » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:17 am

Hey I’m michelle. This will be my first time to but i g man. Every research and information I’ve gathered has been through my own means and i like what this experience stands for. I am extremely excited to make this trip and discover myself. I did envision alone and absolutely loved It. I’m looking to stay with a camp if possible. An RV would be awesome but i guess some tale offerings and i don’t know what is needed so i can play It by ear. Hope to find a home for the weekend :)

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: Burning man rookie

Post by Elderberry » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:50 am

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Elliot
Burning Since: 2006

Post by Elliot » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:28 pm

:D
Ah, Michelle, mon ami.

(Michelle, ma belle
Sont les mots qui vont tres bien ensemble
Tres bien ensemble)

Have you calmed down from the slight over-excitement of your first post on ePlaya?
Excitement is good. Information and insight are also good.

If you would tell us a bit more about yourself, and about how you foresee contributing to the interactive community that is Burning Man, we may be able to offer some pointers.

You need to discover yourself, you say? In what way do you seem to be lost? (Je pourrais faire une suggestion ici, maintenant, mais pas avant.)

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:03 pm

Hi Amichelle! :D

Camps are optional. And finding an RV share situation--within a camp that's actually suitable--is not the simplest endeavor. I recommend deciding which is more important to you, a camp or an RV share, and getting that first.

. . . After a ticket, 'cause camp dues are almost always non-refundable. :)

So once you have your ticket lined up, hunt down your biggest priority with the tenacity of a person seeking a job. You usually have to chase things down in your Regional group, FB or the appropriate areas in ePlaya; camps or RV shares don't look for people in this area of the forum.

Anyway, welcome! Google questions with the word eplaya tacked on and you will find out almost anything you need to know. If you get stuck--but people can tell you've tried--we're usually helpful.
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

Return to “The Greeter's Station”