Fire Spinning Aussies Keen to Burn!

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
brittinirayray
Burning Since: 2018

Fire Spinning Aussies Keen to Burn!

Post by brittinirayray » Mon May 21, 2018 10:01 pm

My partner and I are ex-pats living in Australia (both 27). We live a quiet, semi-rural life with our chickens and our Galah, Tim Tam. We love spinning fire, meeting new friends, and dancing the night away! We have been wanting to come to Burning Man for years but my partner's studies have always conflicted. Now he has graduated and luckily has leave during Burning Man this year!

We have attended Australia's Burning Seed festival several times and absolutely love the community. I run an entertainment agency offering circus performances, fire shows, LED shows, stilt-walking, etc. and my partner is a doctor.

We are hoping to minimise our footprint at this festival by joining a theme camp offering communal amenities. It seems silly to buy new camping equipment when we land just to leave it all behind for landfill. We would love to ride the Burner Express in and contribute to an established theme camp (both financially and with volunteer service). We are able to stay a few days after the festival to help with clean up but will not be able to arrive early.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Re: Fire Spinning Aussies Keen to Burn!

Post by Ratty » Mon May 21, 2018 10:08 pm

Welcome to eplaya to the both of you. It sounds like you know what you're getting into. good luck in your plans. Hop over to the thread wanting to join a camp. Look through the camps listing availabilities but it is kind of early. There will be lots more choices later. Try and find like-minded folks that can use your skills.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Mon May 21, 2018 10:43 pm

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Tue May 22, 2018 6:54 am

Welcome Aboard!

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Post by Token » Tue May 22, 2018 9:20 am

Oi

Welcome!

Oi Vey

It’s not a festival. Go to Coachella for a festival.

The core principle of going out to an inhospitable desert salt flat in the heat of the late summer/early fall is:

Radical Self Reliance.

There are nine more to go with that one and you should try to understand them all individually and collectively.

Better to find a charity where you can donate your tent, ir even the damned landfill as averse to looking for a camp to take care of you as if you are a tourist on a VIP trip. The landfill we be fine.

Read, learn, challenge your thinking and comfort zone. You have opened a path where you need to suspend belief for a bit and think outside the comfy box of the mundane.

Think “The Matrix meets Alice in Wonderland” thrown into a tumble dryer with some velveta cheese. It’s an eye opener and it sticks.

Return to “The Greeter's Station”