Fire Survivors Bowing to Burning Man

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
ATrudel13
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: Camp ONE

Fire Survivors Bowing to Burning Man

Post by ATrudel13 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:54 am

Good Tidings, Health, & Love to the *EPlaya Community!!

My partner Alex and I are hoping and blessing to finally make it to the Playa this year.

In 2015 we were set to attend and participate (I was the Asst Shin) with our performance troupe The Big Fun Circus but days before the man burned had emergency car issues and could not make it out to BRC.

Then the following weekend, our house and almost all of our possessions burned down in the Valley Fire, in Middletown CA. For many of you - you may be more connected to knowing the area as we lived on just the other side of the ridge from Harbin Hot Springs on Cobb Mtn. where the fire started.

We are humbly manifesting our way to the Playa with sacred intention, love and humble prayer for our Mother Earth, her resources, and the amazing community of plants, animals and YOU!!

If WE can't do it ~ no one can. Here's to #HOMETEAM Dream Beams and Peaceful Schemes!
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{LOVE}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}]

gaminwench
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Re: Fire Survivors Bowing to Burning Man

Post by gaminwench » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:46 am

Welcome!

My community, too, was ravaged by fire recently; I believe others here can also relate.

Forward thinking, and immediacy, are two of the (many) things I cherish in this community. Look to the future, mate.

Interestingly enough, BRC is home to no plants or animals, other than the elusive fairy shrimp ( which are not in season when we build/live in our city).

Her only residents are we, homo sapiens, in all of our glory. Revel, and leave no MOOP.
"the prophecies of doom were better last year" trilo

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:27 am

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:38 am

ATrudel13 and Alex, Welcome to eplaya. I'm sorry to hear about your fire disaster. The important thing is that you are fine and able to start again. Hummm. Cobb Mtn. That's not far from the eplayan Elliot. You'll find him here listed under 'bikes'. We'll see you at the Meet & Greet party on Wednesday of burn week? 6pm at Barbie Death Camp. Can't wait to hug you in the dust.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Return to “The Greeter's Station”