Friends on the playa?

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
Rorc
Burning Since: 2018

Friends on the playa?

Post by Rorc » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:59 am

Heading to my first burn this year. Hoping to find some friends that want to meet up and adventure. First timers or experienced burners, doesn't matter. I'm not officially part of a camp, though I am helping out with Camp Settle This Like Men.

Hope to meet some of you good folks soon!

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: Friends on the playa?

Post by trilobyte » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:50 am

Welcome aboard! The site has bunches of info that may prove helpful to your planning and preparation, feel free to browse the various categories. You may want to check out the Meet & Greet on Wednesday evening, it's a great opportunity to try and meet fellow ePlayans and put some faces to the names and avatars.

Sham

Post by Sham » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:19 am

Hi Rorc,
First, welcome to eplaya and the dusty world of Burning Man.
You will meet people!
One of my favorite things to do at BM is to get up early in the morning and head out on my bike by myself. There! I'm 100% alone. I have met some of the most amazing people along the way. I've made lifelong friends. I've met many of them for dinners and drinks when they come to my home town.
In short, it will be 10 minutes and you will have some wonderful connections and friends. Incredibly enough, it will most likely start before you finish up your shopping before the event. The line to get in will not be a problem, but rather a place to get out of your car and dance in the dust.
Friends on the playa should be the last thing you should be thinking about, but figuring out how to get some sleep should be number one.

See you in the dust in 10 short days!

Sham....

Krokodyle
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Orphans Too / Camp Space Hole

Post by Krokodyle » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:31 pm

Sham wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:19 am
One of my favorite things to do at BM is to get up early in the morning and head out on my bike by myself. There! I'm 100% alone. I have met some of the most amazing people along the way. I've made lifelong friends. I've met many of them for dinners and drinks when they come to my home town. In short, it will be 10 minutes and you will have some wonderful connections and friends. Incredibly enough, it will most likely start before you finish up your shopping before the event...Friends on the playa should be the last thing you should be thinking about, but figuring out how to get some sleep should be number one.
Sham is right on the ball with these words. As a first-time burner, it can be hard to grasp just how immediate and incredible connections can happen on the Playa (and before it as well!)...but it's true. Welcome and best of luck to you!
I can't help it, I'm a born lever-puller.

"DON'T TELL ME HOW TO BURN™"

tatonka
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Rancho Deluxe

Post by tatonka » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:10 pm

At the soak ( oregon regional ) a guy came up behind me and grabbed my shoulder and said "sry I thought you were a friend of mine " and I said "But I am your friend " :) lots of friends to meet out there :)
Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed by the masses.
-Plato

If a good man is offered power , he has to lower himself to pick it up .

Return to “The Greeter's Station”