Burning Man 2019: Couple seeking camp and possibly tickets

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
serenitypsy
Burning Since: 2012

Burning Man 2019: Couple seeking camp and possibly tickets

Post by serenitypsy » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:54 am

My name is Serenity. My hubby's name is David. We are attempting to plan to attend BM2019 next year before we start a family.
We have both been attending regional burns in the Midwest for many years and this will be our first (and probably only) Burning Man.
We are located in Lawrence, ks. Our personal camp consists of our modified Nissan van and our 20×10 purple event tent.
We are looking to join a camp and may be looking for tickets. We would be totally up for volunteering in return for our tickets.
David is big, strong and crafty. In the past he has helped with effigy building, land prep, greeting and education, as well as a number of more physical tasks. I have volunteered as camp bartender, cook, barista, greeter/education, and MOOP patrol. I also have experience in group presentation.
We're both very vocally pro-equality, environmentally conscious artists. I would love to find a camp where we fit in well (also super nerdy former goth kids).
I am starting our plans NOW so we can get ourselves together for this financially and socially. We are friends with a lot of other folks from the Midwest Burner crowd.
I've heard it's harder than hell and super expensive to get a ticket, but I am bound and determined to go in 2019 by any means necessary!!!
Please shoot me a message if you would like to get to know us better and consider adopting us into your camp!

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Re: Burning Man 2019: Couple seeking camp and possibly tickets

Post by Token » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:06 am

Welcome!

Good to hear you are planning well in advance.

If you qualify for low income tickets, that is your best approach.

Volunteering doesn’t get you anything for the big burn unless it is multiple years of earned and recognized effort. Even then there are endless politics, clans and tribal hoops to jump through. Real hard to do from KS.

So, save up and get informed on how ticketing works.

Return to “The Greeter's Station”