(hopefull) virgin 2019

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
FoxyRoxy18
Burning Since: 2019

(hopefull) virgin 2019

Post by FoxyRoxy18 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:19 am

Hi there!

Preparations have started to go to burning man 2019 - hours of YouTube tutorials/video's, survival and camp guides and lots of lots of prep fun.
It will be my first year going and it feels like it is meant to be. I emigrated to Canada and my brother is still in the Netherlands and we messaged each other on the same day, same time, out of the blue ''we should go to burning man''. So here we are, trying to get prepared for something you can't fully prepare for I believe. We're just going to do our best and let it happen to us.

So about us, we are a 25 year old husband and wife and my 20 year old brother is coming along for the amazing ride.
Bro is an amazing skater/skateboarder/extreme things enthusiast and very handy.
Hubby is an electrical engineer specializing in renewable energy and very enthusiastic about creating a better more sustainable future. He is also a fervent nipple tassel twizzler in a burlesque show in our area.
Me i'm a veterinary technician interested in everything nature and healing, dancer in a burlesque show and bike/skate enthusiast.

We are still debating on whether to join a camp or not (I think it'll be a lot of fun to collaborate and learn).

We hope to meet some of you on the playa next year!

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: (hopefull) virgin 2019

Post by Elderberry » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:18 pm

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:23 am

Welcome Aboard!

Tikihi77
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Tikihi77 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:30 pm

This was my first year and we did walk in camping. Also should note we live in Reno so it's much easier for us. That said, for the 2 of us 75% of our stuff fut into 2 suitcases. I posted some pictures on a thread online and can share later. You can join a camp, I won't tell people not to. Even if we joined a camp we would still stay in walk in camping because it's much more peaceful there.
I think you're only major issue would be bikes and that could be worked on. Transportation to and from the Playa is easy thanks to the Burner Express, which I highly recommend.
I can elaborate more later.

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:31 am

Tikihi77 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:30 pm
This was my first year and we did walk in camping. Also should note we live in Reno so it's much easier for us. That said, for the 2 of us 75% of our stuff fut into 2 suitcases. I posted some pictures on a thread online and can share later. You can join a camp, I won't tell people not to. Even if we joined a camp we would still stay in walk in camping because it's much more peaceful there.
I think you're only major issue would be bikes and that could be worked on. Transportation to and from the Playa is easy thanks to the Burner Express, which I highly recommend.
Hola and hello from another Renoite :D
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

FoxyRoxy18

Post by FoxyRoxy18 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:49 am

Tikihi77 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:30 pm
We were Thinking Burner express, and i believe if you pay a little extra you can bring your bike right? How do you bring enough water/supplies/tents etc though?

Papa Bear
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Astral Headwash

Post by Papa Bear » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:48 pm

People who take the Burner Express have the option to pre-pay for water (but you need to bring your own container).

As for the other gear, there are threads in the archive where various people have documented how they managed bringing what they need on the bus.
One of the easiest ways to find them is to use google and include site:eplaya.burningman.org in the search terms.

For example, googling site:eplaya.burningman.org burner express packing brings up a number of related threads.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:53 am

You can also find ways to rent bikes off playa beforehand, then pick them up (and return) on playa. It's a little commerce-y, but allowed. Our guests from Amsterdam came in on the bus and did it that way.

You just can't do that on eplaya, but google will fetch the info for you later in the season.

Nadinemo37

Post by Nadinemo37 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:57 pm

I’m a virgin burner toooooo! Possibly getting an RV, flying in from Charlotte, NC! Whew! A lot to plan! But so excited to delve right in 😌 there are 3-5 of us wanting to join a camp. I guess i just keep active online and keep reaching out for now ❤️✨🤩

Return to “The Greeter's Station”