hellooooo from two newbies in PA!

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
victoria0702
Burning Since: 2019

hellooooo from two newbies in PA!

Post by victoria0702 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:50 am

Hi, everyone!

My boyfriend and I are (hopeful) first-time burners from a little, rural town in Pennsylvania where I raise some hay and some livestock on my family farm. Despite reservations from a few very skeptical family members, we've been reading and re-reading the website and the forums, exploring the playa on google maps, and talking about Burning Man for about a year, and we're hoping to finally take the leap and join an existing camp this summer! We're both super dedicated students completing our undergraduate degrees—my boyfriend has plans to attend medical school, and I am interested in further studying music, religion, and English—and we fully expect to be flung apart, across the reaches of the country, as we pursue graduate degrees in our respective programs. I hope our time on the playa will be a time for reflection, exploration, and looking ahead with like-minded individuals, or more excitingly, individuals with viewpoints that are radically different from our own. I also hope that Burning Man becomes a tradition for us, and a way to re-center, regardless of where our professional plans take us both physically and spiritually.

Thanks for reading, and we hope to be meeting y'all soon!! :)

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Re: hellooooo from two newbies in PA!

Post by Ratty » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:42 am

Victoria, This sounds like a great plan. What was that movie? 'Same time next year?' For the next 20 years you 2 meet at the Burn. Or arrive together, whatever the case may be. You will see more camps listing when it's closer to the date. Search in your neighborhood for local burners. Get involved with art, planning, packing, making etc... Better than the act...Better than the memory...The anticipation...
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: hellooooo from two newbies in PA!

Post by Elderberry » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:36 pm

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Return to “The Greeter's Station”