Hello from VA! Two new virgins looking forward to attending in 2019

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
Tyrex
Burning Since: 2019

Hello from VA! Two new virgins looking forward to attending in 2019

Post by Tyrex » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:48 am

Hello all!

So here we go, I've known about BM for a number of years a majority of the people I knew from LasVegas attend every year. I've always felt somewhat compelled to go to the big burn and have been to a few regional events over the past few years.

Both myself and my girlfriend decided that this would be the year. We're looking to be part of something bigger than us, that freedom that accompanies the escape from the default world and the other numerous benefits that BRC provides once a year. We've just started the process of compiling thorough lists of what we will need to accumulate before the event (were way early!).

Were freethinking adult professionals who also realize the value of attending events such as BM hence our desire to attend this year. I remember the feeling of attending my first regional and wondering how it would turn out..getting nervous I wouldn't fit in and all of the feelings I'm sure many of us experience. The after experience and the knowledge gained were invaluable and led to the desire to attend the big one.

I guess you could say were both going through that period in life where we are looking for deeper meaning in life and trying to figure out more about our true potential as humans. I'm very excited about this and the theme...metamorphosis...seems so befitting.

Were looking to find a camp, and meet some new folks and hoping this will be one vehicle to assist in doing so. We live in the northern VA/ Washington DC area and I am fairly sure there's a reasonably active burner community here, but not 100% sure.

Looking forward to networking and meeting some new and amazing people in the dust!

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Re: Hello from VA! Two new virgins looking forward to attending in 2019

Post by lucky420 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:19 am

Hola and hello...
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: Hello from VA! Two new virgins looking forward to attending in 2019

Post by Elderberry » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:07 pm

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Return to “The Greeter's Station”