My name is Jeff ...

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
TheDudeAbides91
Burning Since: 2019

My name is Jeff ...

Post by TheDudeAbides91 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:19 pm

Hi all !

First, let me say that my name is not Jeff but it was a moment of brain fart when trying to think of a subject name so .. Hi, my name is Nino and this will be my first time doing the Burning man.
I must say, i've been wanting to pop this cherry for a while now an I am happy I got the chance to do it this year.

28 year old Croatian Computer network engineer, living in Belgium, a place where i got an opportunity to meet an awesome person and a great friend who will be joining me on this adventure. I'll let him introduce himself separately :)

I see people writing their reasons for visiting burning man and to be honest, i've got quite a few. Some very shallow and some quite philosophical but if I had to narrow it down, I would say that after a quite a bad year behind me i needed to be in this utopian place where self-expression is encouraged, to be in an open-minded community where I can be myself , enjoy the energy it brings , to give my contribution to the event and do all of this while being surrounded with amazing and different people with similar mindset.

Also, seeing what is happening in the world i have grown to understand the selfish nature of humanity and the social norms forced upon us and doing the most damaging thing to society, and that's being generalized. The world does not need political reforms as a priority but instead, we need to learn how to be human once again and reassess our values and priorities. I see Burning Man as a place that, on paper, promotes the values I agree with so it only seemed logical that I have to see it for my own eyes.

I am privileged to say that I will be experiencing this event along side of you all.

Sorry for the long post and feel free to reach out me via PM or by replying if you have the need to.

See you all soon!

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: My name is Jeff ...

Post by Elderberry » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:54 pm

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

seedetailsbelow
Burning Since: 2019

Post by seedetailsbelow » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:55 am

Hi Jeff!

Totally agree we need to get back to being human.

See you out there!

Skuzzy61
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp/We got this!

Post by Skuzzy61 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:15 am

I am not human? Dayum! No one told me! Well,....not quite true. The WIfe does call me an alien from time to time. Something about being from Mars...

I digress. Welcome to ePlaya! See ya in the dust!
As the camp evolves.....
We got this! 2016/2019
We had it! 2020
We almost lost it! 2021
We have no idea where it is! 2022
Who the hell are we and why are we here? 2023

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:15 am

Welcome Aboard!