A Heart Filled Hello!

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
RangerScott
Burning Since: 2019

A Heart Filled Hello!

Post by RangerScott » Mon May 06, 2019 3:12 am

Hey everybody! Two virgin burners (Scott and Taylor) who are beyond excited for this year’s burn. We’ve been trying to score tickets for a few years now, and despite the shitshow that was the main sale, we lucked out and are finally headed on this amazing journey. We recently moved to the West coast after spending a few to many years in the Southeast (thanks Army). I am a consultant, working primarily overseas, and my wife, Taylor, works in public relations. We are huge skiers, hikers, and adventurers. We spend the majority of our free time hiking the backcountry of the PNW, always searching for another great experience. Over the past few years we have done our due diligence extensively researching burning man so that we would be as prepared as one can be for our first burn. We are set to embark on a month long road trip, touring the South West, before ending our epic trip at BRC. If anyone has any tips, tricks, or kick ass stories that aren’t outlined already on this site, we would love to hear them. And if anyone would like to meet up at any of these beautiful parks (Zion, Bryce, Yosemite, Joshua Tree, Grand Canyon, Kings Canyon, Glen Canyon, etc.) we are always looking to meet new people and make new memories. Anyways, hope to meet you on the Playa!

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Re: A Heart Filled Hello!

Post by lucky420 » Mon May 06, 2019 5:38 am

Hola and hello...
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Tue May 07, 2019 11:47 pm

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Wed May 08, 2019 5:58 pm

Welcome, Scott & Taylor! :D
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

museontherocks
Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: TBD

Post by museontherocks » Mon May 13, 2019 9:57 am

Hi Scott and Taylor!

First time theoretical burner here ( I haven't found tickets yet and also had trouble online during main sale) Question for either of you, where did you find, or how did you find, tickets after main sale?

Sincerely,
Portlandia muse and burner (theoretical)

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Post by Token » Tue May 14, 2019 10:49 am

RangerScott wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 3:12 am
... And if anyone would like to meet up at any of these beautiful parks (Zion, Bryce, Yosemite, Joshua Tree, Grand Canyon, Kings Canyon, Glen Canyon, etc.) we are always looking to meet new people and make new memories. ...
Wow! That there is ~ three months worth of adventure crammed into one month of travel.

You do realize you will spend 90% if your time just driving the back roads, right?

If you are open to suggestions...

Split this up into three trips;

Utah and all its natural magnificence.

SoCal/Arizona and the many beauties of the desert south.

NorCal and the majesty of the sequoias, glorious caves, and mountains.

Either way, you are welcome to swing by my ranch in The Gold Country of the Sierra foothills. I’m ~ hour or so North of the Yosemite/Kings Canyon complex in the heart of Caving land, up the historic highway 49.

Get a real shower, sleep in a real bed, have a fresh farm sourced meal, or camp in the domes we have on the Hill with the goats and furry dogs as company.

We are on your route if you knock Utah off your list first.

Cheers.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Tue May 14, 2019 4:45 pm

Scott & Taylor, Welcome to ePlaya. Search the threads and join in the converstions. Read and then read some more. Preparations are half the fun. See ya in the dust.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

AntiM
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Thu May 16, 2019 1:31 pm

Welcome Aboard. That's an ambitious travel plan. There's a lot of slow going between the parks, ease up the pace and enjoy the inbetween.

RangerScott

Post by RangerScott » Sun May 19, 2019 10:42 am

Token wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:49 am
RangerScott wrote:
... And if anyone would like to meet up at any of these beautiful parks (Zion, Bryce, Yosemite, Joshua Tree, Grand Canyon, Kings Canyon, Glen Canyon, etc.) we are always looking to meet new people and make new memories. ...
Wow! That there is ~ three months worth of adventure crammed into one month of travel.

You do realize you will spend 90% if your time just driving the back roads, right?

Either way, you are welcome to swing by my ranch in The Gold Country of the Sierra foothills. I’m ~ hour or so North of the Yosemite/Kings Canyon complex in the heart of Caving land, up the historic highway 49.

Get a real shower, sleep in a real bed, have a fresh farm sourced meal, or camp in the domes we have on the Hill with the goats and furry dogs as company.

Cheers.
Thanks for the advice! We spend about 90% of my time stateside on the road (thanks to a pretty awesome overland rig we've built) and this will mark our 6th 3 week plus roadtrip in the past 18 months. Luckily were a great tag team that is able to cram in a lot in a little (with the help of coffee and freeze dried meals lol). We might have to take you up on the shower though, given our portable shower bag only provides enough for a quick 3 minute rinse off! Utah is without a doubt our favorite state and were going to spend 5 days in the back country of Escalante. We are exploring Sedona for the first time however, so if you have any recommends on some of the better vortex's out there please let me know. If your interested I can send you our overly thorough spreadsheet that details the trip if you'd like to add some great experiences/recommends that youve taken.

Thanks and hope you are having a great start to your summer!

-Scott

RangerScott

Post by RangerScott » Sun May 19, 2019 10:44 am

museontherocks wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:57 am
Hi Scott and Taylor!

First time theoretical burner here ( I haven't found tickets yet and also had trouble online during main sale) Question for either of you, where did you find, or how did you find, tickets after main sale?

Sincerely,
Hey Muse!

We snagged ours during the main sale, but I will be happy to keep my eyes and ears open for some tickets looking for a good home for ya! Best of luck and hope to see you out there!

ashby

Post by ashby » Mon May 20, 2019 7:16 am

museontherocks wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:57 am
Hi Scott and Taylor!

Sincerely,
Hi Muse, the STEP sale opens at 12 noon on Tuesday May 21 (tomorrow). If you want a ticket that's the place to go. And don't be late, first come, first served.

https://help.burningman.org/hc/en-us/ar ... gram-STEP-

Token

Post by Token » Mon May 20, 2019 3:49 pm

RangerScott wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 10:42 am
Token wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:49 am
RangerScott wrote:

Cheers.
Thanks for the advice! We spend about 90% of my time stateside on the road (thanks to a pretty awesome overland rig we've built) and this will mark our 6th 3 week plus roadtrip in the past 18 months. Luckily were a great tag team that is able to cram in a lot in a little (with the help of coffee and freeze dried meals lol). We might have to take you up on the shower though, given our portable shower bag only provides enough for a quick 3 minute rinse off! Utah is without a doubt our favorite state and were going to spend 5 days in the back country of Escalante. We are exploring Sedona for the first time however, so if you have any recommends on some of the better vortex's out there please let me know. If your interested I can send you our overly thorough spreadsheet that details the trip if you'd like to add some great experiences/recommends that youve taken.

-Scott
Spreadsheet... oh man, now I’m terrified ;)

I’m not an expert on Sedona. Been a few rounds in and about but hesitate to advise on that. Was a tourist.

My desert travels in SoCal are around the Salton Sea, Anza Borego, Chocolate Mountains, then further up the Mojave - China Basin, Trona etc.

Shoot a PM to me and we can swap contact info. If you swing by, cool. I generally have a few folks building stuff at the farm for BM anyway so it’s a cool stop to make. Stories, good food, rest.

AntiM
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:33 pm

RangerScott wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 10:42 am

-Scott
Tip: a shower in a truckstop is only about $10, Clean, private, and they provide the towels (plus a wall pump of all in one shampoo/soap). You can even ask for a team shower for two people.

Return to “The Greeter's Station”