Hello everybody

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
OP_Pete
Burning Since: 2020

Hello everybody

Post by OP_Pete » Sat May 18, 2019 7:22 am

I have my heart set on going in 2020. A little bit about myself. My name Pete I am currently an US service member that set to retire in June of 2020. I am finally ready to let go and live my life. During my deployments there has been many night I just laid on top of my truck look up at the stars and let my mind go. In those moments I was at peace with myself. I thought to myself how do I want to live my life. So from that moment I decided to make some changes. 1. I started living every day as a new day, I stopped dwelling in the past because I couldn’t change it. 2. I started be true to who I was and stopped trying to be like other people. 3. I started to be a lot more proactive and started to take my action in my life. I started Volunteering more ( helping people, Volunteering for community events and also got my EMT certification so I could save people’s lives. 4. I set in my mind that anything is possible I just have to set my mind, heart and soul to it. Finally I thought I needed to experience life, I need/want to get out there and enjoy it instead of sitting back and doing nothing. A buddy of mine told me about burning man so I looked into it, everything I am reading and seeing about burning man is exactly what I want in life. Burning man in 2020 will be a perfect start to the next chapter in my life when I retire. Going out there volunteering where I can, living in the moment and living everyday as a new day. I hope everyone has a good day

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: Hello everybody

Post by Elderberry » Sat May 18, 2019 12:51 pm

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
Sounds like you'll fit right in.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Re: Hello everybody

Post by Ratty » Sat May 18, 2019 10:35 pm

OP_Pete, Welcome to ePlaya. Thank you so much for your military service. Around here we don't take that for granted. It's great to have plenty of time to prep for your first burn. Read, make lists, acquire otherwise useless burner stuff. Do some research and then ask us a lot of questions. Congrats on retirement.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Return to “The Greeter's Station”