First Time Burner from Canada

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
cwiegs
Burning Since: 2019
Camp Name: Hall of Game

First Time Burner from Canada

Post by cwiegs » Mon May 27, 2019 2:20 pm

Hey Everyone, I just stumbled upon this forum and thought I'd get involved! My name's Colton and I'm (hopefully) going to be a first time Burner this summer doing a road trip down from Canada with my girlfriend. I've always known about Burning Man but we just recently met some great folks in San Francisco and they've welcomed us into their camp. In the spirit of Burning Man I'm doing my best to learn as much as I can without having to bounce every question off of them and that brings me here. Our camp got hit, as I'm sure many others did, with the technical troubles getting tickets and most don't have one yet but we all remain optimistic. Being honest, that is a big motivator to get engaged with different communities in hopes of being able to secure a couple spots for this year. There's still a lot to learn not just on the ticketing process but about Burning Man in general so I'm hoping to be a sponge these next couple months and just absorb what I can for knowledge and experience!

A little bit about me personally, my girlfriend and I are big camping fans and go to one unique destination a year to camp. This would be our farthest venture for sure though! I'm a big fan of the energy and good vibes that a place like Burning Man has to offer and I'm hoping I can contribute this year in both our camp and in bringing a positive attitude to the Playa! Any tips, ideas, thoughts, questions, etc are all welcome! Thanks as well to the folks who manage and moderate this forum. It's nice to have a place to connect with some people!

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: First Time Burner from Canada

Post by Elderberry » Mon May 27, 2019 10:14 pm

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Tue May 28, 2019 8:29 am

cwiegs, Welcome to ePlaya. Tickets are a challenge even for the veteran burner. I suggest you hunt down some participants close to your home. Get involved. The farther they have to travel the more help they may need. Build, paint, feed and transport. Making friends in person is a sure-fire way to join the community. Good luck on your search.

In the mean time, read everything you can find. Make lists. This may not materialize for you intill 2020 but you'll be ready.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

cwiegs
Burning Since: 2019
Camp Name: Hall of Game

Post by cwiegs » Thu May 30, 2019 8:36 am

Thanks Ratty! That's the plan so far and I'm not discouraged by any means. If it ends up being a future year then so be it. I believe we have a community out here as well so I'm hoping to reach out to them as well! Are you attending this year?

Return to “The Greeter's Station”