SAVE YOUR CREDIT CARD OFFERS!- ART PROJECT FOR 2006

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.
alexamonkey

SAVE YOUR CREDIT CARD OFFERS!- ART PROJECT FOR 2006

Post by alexamonkey » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:28 pm

we are fashioning a tree, perhaps a forest, depending on how many participants we get, out of credit card offers. Wire Frames, non-toxic tape, & all the credit offers we can get. One word of caution; SOME offers will have sensitive info printed on them (lord knows why the credit companies are allowed free access)... unfortunately, I've had first hand experience for the past two years that there are some unscrupulous mutherfuckers coming to burning man these days, so I warn to check the offers and black out any personal info, such as SS#, etc. I don't forsee this as a huge risk at BM, but just a reminder...
If you are like me, you get at least 3 offers a week per adult person per household. Start saving! The larger our forest, the larger the impact of our statement!!!!
tanx.

jenny

Post by jenny » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:56 pm

I'll save mine for ya - I get a ton. I don't know why though, I didn't have a good track record years ago when I did the credit thing. Maybe they're hoping I'll do the same thing again and pay them interest for years... Evil. I like your idea.

Savior69

Post by Savior69 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:13 pm

Wow-
This past year I did a project where I saved all those fake credit cards that come with those offers and made "Playa Gifting Credit" cards out of them. I plan on collecting even more this year and making and distributing them next year. Here is my logo manipulations that i came up with for them:

and my favorite:

Its so funny to think about the idea of "credit" in a gifting economy

are you planning on using the fake cards or just the offers? Because i would take the plastic off anyones hands and save them from the landfill.
BM Pictures: www.pbase.com/1969

alexamonkey

credit card offers

Post by alexamonkey » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:57 pm

I'll be happy to save the plastic for you!!!!!

spectabillis
Burning Since: 2020

Post by spectabillis » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:43 am

camping supplies and materials - $328
gasoline - $220
rental truck and generator - $303
ticket - $250
'supplies' - $250

getting dosed up by an evil mutant clown in an el-wire ice-cream truck themed tricycle, going through time dialations through fluffy fun fur land, something involving throwing axes at raver-bar cars, getting molested by a three foot strapon wearing mickymouse, waking up in the Reno City municipal incarceration facility...

priceless.

CLARKcon
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: COFFEE CAMP

Post by CLARKcon » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:38 pm

12 jars of instant Coffee: $48
42 gallons of water: $32
4 packages of disposable cups: $12
Seeing a layer of playa dust on the surface of your java, shrugging your shoulders while stirring it in, and gulping it down the hatch:...priceless.
☕ COFFEE CAMP :
"The Social Hub of the Uncivilized World"

.: 🔥)'(🔥 2020 // ...???... :.

alexamonkey

Post by alexamonkey » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:24 pm

CREDIT CARD OFFERS? OLD THESIS? STACK OF SF WEEKLYS? RESUMES? RELIGIOUS PAMPLETS & 'LITERATURE'? eTC eTC eTC...
LET'S RESSURECT THOSE TREES!

lOOK FOR POST ABOUT CREDIT CARD OFFERS...
BACK SOON

Return to “2006 Art & Performance”