Kamp Apokiliptika - Doom 2006

EL Wire

Post by EL Wire » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:31 pm

Hey, how did you guys get your hands on M1A1 tanks?
Read this book and you see how.

Then read this!

Richest Countries in the World
Rank Country GDP - per capita

1 Luxembourg $ 55,100
2 Norway $ 47,800
3 United States $ 37,800
4 San Marino $ 34,600
5 Switzerland $ 32,700
6 Denmark $ 31,100
7 Iceland $ 30,900
8 Austria $ 30,000
9 Canada $ 29,800
10 Ireland $ 29,600
11 Belgium $ 29,100
12 Australia $ 29,000
13 Netherlands $ 28,600
14 Japan $ 28,200
15 United Kingdom $ 27,700
16 France $ 27,600
17 Germany $ 27,600
18 Finland $ 27,400
19 Monaco $ 27,000
20 Sweden $ 26,800
All cats love fish but fear to wet their paws.
--------
Terminal City BM 08: http://www.apokiliptika.com/terminal_city_page.htm

Lassen Forge
Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Post by Lassen Forge » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:05 pm

Actually, it's easy.

That patch that "tank" is "torching" (apparently using a lesser grade fuel) is only about 2" wide (5 cm)...

Those tanks were apparently therefore made in China in a plastic die-cast model factory. Probably about 1/144 scale.

I feel sorry for the blown flamethrower unit - maybe they should return it to Bic and get a replacement. Not even good enough to call a Collibri.

Remind me to wear some asbestos stockings when they're on the "attack"... wouldn't want to singe my toenails...

вы все обречены
Б. Б. Суз... из

helitack
Burning Since: 2004

Post by helitack » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:09 pm

Lassen Forge

Post by Lassen Forge » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:17 pm

EL Wire wrote:
Read this!

Richest Countries in the World
Rank Country GDP - per capita

1 Luxembourg $ 55,100
2 Norway $ 47,800
3 United States $ 37,800
4 San Marino $ 34,600
5 Switzerland $ 32,700
6 Denmark $ 31,100
7 Iceland $ 30,900
Let's break this down country by country starting from the top...

Postage stamps
Plastic tanks and canned fish (Sorry, Fishie)
World Renowned Superpower
postage stamps
Industry/banking
Cheese
and... hmmm... What does Iceland Produce?

(Answer - stopover for refugees escaping from Norway to the US...)

Б. Б. Суз... из

Lassen Forge

Post by Lassen Forge » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:23 pm

EL Wire wrote: [img]http://bagateller_fotografi.tripod.com/norskflag.jpg[/img]
Prepare Kamp Apokiliptika 06 to be full of these flags.
Damn, I missed this. Must've been in the bunker planning the... um... never mind.

But... why? Why would our site need to be hosted by some 3 legged proturbance? Must be a Norweigan thing...

I *am* immobilized... by laughter.

Б. Б. Суз из

helitack

Post by helitack » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:24 pm

Aren't they the largest exporter of Fjords?

EL Wire

Post by EL Wire » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:27 pm

Health and herring

Leader
Wednesday August 31, 2005
The Guardian

The Dutch have a proverb along the lines that "if the herring is around, the doctor is far away". The claimed health-giving properties of this oily fish would have come as no surprise to Hendrikje van Andel-Schipper who has just died in her sleep aged 115, the oldest recorded person in the world. Mrs Van Andel-Schipper, a former needlework teacher who was born on June 29 1890, believed that a daily helping of herring had helped her lead a long and healthy life.

Article continues
Herring is a versatile fish and is particularly popular in Norway. It can be eaten raw, pickled, cooked or smoked, whether split as a kipper or eaten whole as a bloater. The smell of a smoked herring is so strong that the fish is sometimes used to create a false scent to induce hunting dogs to lose a trail - hence the red herring. They are also eaten young in the form of whitebait. Herring have been fished commercially for over 2,000 years and in Britain have provided hundreds of thousands of jobs from Penzance to Stornoway. Many towns and villages grew rich from catching, processing and selling herring, even though the romance of going to sea was always countered by the extreme danger to which fishing communities exposed themselves in an activity that suffered well over 10 times the number of accidents recorded for mining, traditionally the most dangerous land-based industry in the UK.

Whether Mrs Van Andel-Schipper owed her longevity to her daily dose of herring is a moot point as we do not know how long she would have lived if her diet had been different. But we do know that eating fatty fish such as herring is considered very beneficial by most doctors as part of a healthy diet. The trouble is that such diets are threatened by the decline of fishing in the North Sea and by the seemingly unstoppable march of fast food outlets. A herring a day certainly did wonders for Mrs Van Andel-Schipper, just as its British equivalent - "an apple a day keeps the doctor away" - has improved the health of many people people here. A combination of the two would surely prove formidable.

Health and America

America's No. 1 Health Problem: Overweight but Undernourished

© Interview With Dr. Anthony Conte
Interviewed By Richard A. Passwater Ph.D.

You know it for a fact -- Americans are overweight but undernourished. Obesity is a major health problem increasing the risk in almost one out of every three Americans for heart disease, cancer, diabetes mellitus, high blood pressure, stroke, gout, gall bladder disease, osteoarthritis, some forms of cancer, sleep apnea, etc. [1,2] There is even good evidence that "calorie restriction" can lead to better health and longer life in laboratory animals. [3] The health care costs to this country of the morbidity related to obesity were estimated at $39 billion in 1986, and about $30 billion a year is spent in the U. S. in efforts to lose or control body weight. [4,5]

Countless educators have tried to convince Americans that all they have to do is to eat a "balanced diet" (pray tell what that might be) and reduce their calories. But these educators don't live in the real world. They ignore the fact that the average American eats too much junk and not enough whole foods. They ignore the fact that the average American eats too much fat and calories, and can't stop eating at the suggested limit. Every time an "expert" comes out with a new theory, another "expert" proves it wrong. As Dr. F. Xavier Pi-Sunyer editorialized in the Journal of the American Medical Society, "Decreasing food intake and increasing activity seems an easy formula, yet it is proving extremely difficult to implement." [6]
--------

Lassen Forge

Post by Lassen Forge » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:31 pm

helitack wrote:Aren't they the largest exporter of Fjords?
That's what I've been herring.

Б. Б.

helitack

Post by helitack » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:33 pm

EL Wire wrote-"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself? Let's start in Kamp Apokiliptika"

Wonder if we should have just let things "happen" 1941-1945?

joel the ornery
Burning Since: 1998
Location: i'm the snarky one in your worst fucking nightmares

Post by joel the ornery » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:42 pm

Heli, it sort of works along this logic...

"Pol Pot killed one point seven million Cambodians, died under house
arrest, well done there. Stalin killed many millions, died in his bed, aged
seventy-two, well done indeed.

And the reason we let them get away with it is they killed their own people. And we're sort of fine with that. Hitler killed people next door. Oh, stupid man. After a couple of years we won't stand for that, will we?" Eddie Izzard

helitack

Post by helitack » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:47 pm

Oh, OK

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:28 pm

Bay Bridge Sue wrote:Industry/banking
And let's not forget overselling "neutrality" in WWII.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Major Roosevelt

Post by Major Roosevelt » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:45 pm

EL Wire wrote:All that Norwegian shit I said that no one read anyway
Hey, fishboy.

First, let's get a few things straight.

Dividing the income of Norway by the 4 people who actually live there is not a fair comparison to a nation of over 200 million people (a lot of which left fucking Norway for obvious reasons...and they are welcome as long as they learn Spanish and stop eating canned fish). The fact that we are only a few thousand dollars (did you notice you used Yankee dollars and not Gefeldafish or whatever the hell your worthless currency is) under Norway is not a big surprise. I'm amazed the difference isn't greater given the faulty logic you start with.

Reading some book by some Norwegian outcast that says America sucks is not a big surprise either. You simply join the list of dozens of other really jealous countries.

Last but not least, you fly American fighter jets, you just did a graphic with American tanks, you and your unworthy country counted on us to help you avoid goosestepping during Kindergarten and, the final irony is that you are posting to an American website about an American event held in America (yes, a shitty place in America but American goddammit)....why don't you start BurningHerring and see how many fuckers from Europe show up. I'm sure you can come up with an effigy of the then current American president to burn UNTIL some bully comes along and then put it away quietly while you beg us to come save your sorry, herring-eating asses yet again.

Don't worry....we'll be there....with Big Macs and Apache helicopters...and the Delta force...and whatever else it takes to get you back to the wooden shoes and dikes and tulips and pickled herring and women with unshaved armpits....that's just the way were are...kind of sad I'll admit.

Bully!!!!!!

...it's the KASTAPO...like the Gestapo...only eviler...with more naked body parts...
[img]http://www.genproj.com/graphics/dresden.jpg[/img]

Major Roosevelt

Post by Major Roosevelt » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:56 pm

[Disclosure: not by me...by the true artists of the Apocalypse]
...it's the KASTAPO...like the Gestapo...only eviler...with more naked body parts...

Killbuck
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Sideshow

Post by Killbuck » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:38 pm

(deep at the bottom of a long dark passage, a sound of a heavy door opening... then foot steps growing closer and clearer...)

AHHHWmmmm (yawn) Shit, where am I... oh hell this is Eplaya! Damn looks a bit different in FY06 paint.

Ah! good to be back. Waht's this about Norwegians? Hell, I spent time in Norway! Let's see Gul and Torpo Moen, Hemsdall and Oslo of course... great city Oslo... lousy Pizza, but GREAT city.

Oh, hey, nice poster up there Major! And BB Dahlink! So good to see you- and Heli, my old trenchmate- you are looking well.

I'm just up from the bunker for a moment- must get back to a few phone calls... those North Koreans HATE to be on hold you know... and Fidel has left 3 messages on my machine. Hell, I'll be back soon. We have work to do for Operation Playa Storm 2006.
(the footsteps fade once more into the dark, deep space... a hard metallic slam concudes this session.)
Visit SIDESHOW at our kewl website http://sideshow2017.weebly.com

lothos 1162

Tanks

Post by lothos 1162 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:22 pm

EL,bring on your tanks,just remember this,one displaced track and you have nothing but a 60 ton radio.Lothos

Lassen Forge

Re: Tanks

Post by Lassen Forge » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:38 am

lothos 1162 wrote:EL,bring on your tanks,just remember this,one displaced track and you have nothing but a 60 ton radio.Lothos
That's only if the string between them doesn't break...

Б. Б. Суз

dragonfly Jafe

Re: Tanks

Post by dragonfly Jafe » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:12 am

Bay Bridge Sue wrote:
lothos 1162 wrote:EL,bring on your tanks,just remember this,one displaced track and you have nothing but a 60 ton radio.Lothos
That's only if the string between them doesn't break...

Б. Б. Суз
...and the 40 ton aquevit & herring supply barrel doesn't run dry! even then they make a wonderful target for a cheap missile fired by some pimply faced teenaged boy sitting safely in a command bunker fondling his joystick as he "plays" video war with a predator or some such (game over). And America is the land of video warriors... (fueling those birds might be a different story though...)
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:42 am

The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

helitack

Post by helitack » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:07 am

No, I am pretty sure that guy was part of a camp near 4:30 and Ego, definitely not a member of KA.

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:16 pm

The Lady with a Lamprey

Major Roosevelt

Post by Major Roosevelt » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:17 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:a large majority believe that Norwegian raw materials offer better quality
Crypto-sometimes you are just too cryptic....it may be time to toss you into some pickling sauce and put you in one of those cans you have to use a key to twist opened....

Yum...bully!!!

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:09 pm

Oh don't show me those skinny model fish--Too Tyra (Outer) Banks!
The Lady with a Lamprey

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:20 pm

Page of the day, 11/5/2005 Coincidence? I think not
The Lady with a Lamprey

dragonfly Jafe

Post by dragonfly Jafe » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:52 am

Major Roosevelt wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:a large majority believe that Norwegian raw materials offer better quality
Crypto-sometimes you are just too cryptic....it may be time to toss you into some pickling sauce

I think she was already well into the pickling sauce!
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

dragonfly Jafe

Post by dragonfly Jafe » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:58 am

theCryptofishist wrote:Page of the day, 11/5/2005 Coincidence? I think not
Hmmm....wasn't this the period that Mr. Colt and friends were busy turning out multi-shot revolvers and then lever action repeating rifles (and the "winning" of the west here)? And I believe there was a gatling gun in there somewhere... (talk about laying on soom serious doom!)

Not to diminish the breech loading experiments, argueably it was the foundation for later repeating rifles.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Major Roosevelt

Post by Major Roosevelt » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:46 am

Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Herrings of War!!!!

That this foul deed shall smell above the earth!

EL Wire

Post by EL Wire » Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:54 pm

--------

dragonfly Jafe

Post by dragonfly Jafe » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:14 pm

...speechless again in the face of such awe-inspiring displays of might...
Arthur Schopenhauer

Isotopia

Post by Isotopia » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:31 pm

speechless again in the face of such awe-inspiring displays of might
Indeed.

Return to “2006 Theme Camps”