Camp FYB the debut in 2006

Sandwichman
Burning Since: 2004

Camp FYB the debut in 2006

Post by Sandwichman » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:24 pm

Music to shake the soul, movies to bring a tear, and most important BACON!

More to come...

oonsa oonsa for your feets [url=http://www.djjasonphilips.com/mixes/mixes_files/La_musica_que_no_tacara_usted_quiere_que_tio_corte.mp3]click here[/url]

lazarus

Post by lazarus » Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:04 pm

Well that camp will really attract the ladies.

Sandwichman

Post by Sandwichman » Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:16 pm

lazarus wrote:Well that camp will really attract the ladies.
If you really need to know. The name is derived from a catch phrase one of my female friends that started on the drive to '05. She was hungover like a banshee and it was her greeting to everyone. And at one point I even woke up to her on a megaphone shouting "Welcome to a new day bitches!"
oonsa oonsa for your feets [url=http://www.djjasonphilips.com/mixes/mixes_files/La_musica_que_no_tacara_usted_quiere_que_tio_corte.mp3]click here[/url]

lazarus

Post by lazarus » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:54 pm

Repeat.

Sandwichman

Post by Sandwichman » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:56 pm

lazarus wrote:
Repeat.
And rinse.

If you don't get it or want to imply that I am disrespecting the women in my camp you will never get it and that is fine.

Rinse and repeat.

Sandwichman

Post by Sandwichman » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:57 pm

Its funny that I don't really post much on Eplaya anymore but when I do post the first response I get has me questioning my values regarding the plonk feature.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:53 pm

oh, I can be as pedantically feminist as anyone on the board, but I also love the exuberance of post 3rd wave grrrrrrrrrrrrrrllllllllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

sputnik
Camp Name: Ubercarney

Post by sputnik » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:51 pm

Is it all about attracting the ladies? Or is IT really about doing your thing? I hope the later.

A friend of mine who has been to 4 burns now, would love to come and setup a camp with a loud sound system that plays the music he likes (mostly heavy metal). However, from past experience he knows that unless he sets up electronic music he will be forever visited by Rangers with requests from his neighbors to shut it down because it's ruining their experience. I like DnB and House and all that, but sometimes I wish for something to break through the endless beats.

Ahh...but I digress.

falk

Post by falk » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:06 pm

Sandwichman wrote:If you don't get it or want to imply that I am disrespecting the women in my camp you will never get it and that is fine.
Ok, so the women in your camp won't see it as disrespect. Might be interesting to ask the other 15,000 women at Burning Man how they feel about it.

HughMungus

Post by HughMungus » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:46 pm

If you don't get it or want to imply that I am disrespecting the women in my camp you will never get it and that is fine.
I call my male AND female friends "bitch" all the time. No worries.
It's what you make it.

neccessity

Post by neccessity » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:05 pm

falk wrote: Ok, so the women in your camp won't see it as disrespect. Might be interesting to ask the other 15,000 women at Burning Man how they feel about it.
I prefer the more politically correct terms "biatch", "biznach", and "biddies".

I also plan to be stopping by this camp. Sounds like my kinda bitches! Y'all should come by Camp 9 and make some FYB ashtrays for your space.
Teh mother of invention

Sandwichman

Post by Sandwichman » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:49 pm

falk wrote:
Sandwichman wrote:If you don't get it or want to imply that I am disrespecting the women in my camp you will never get it and that is fine.
Ok, so the women in your camp won't see it as disrespect. Might be interesting to ask the other 15,000 women at Burning Man how they feel about it.
I'll be sure to do that, you provide the contact info and I will contact them.

SO my question is how you feel about "Whiskey and Whores"?

Really at this point bitch all you want to about the name if you are a part of the camp you can complain all you want. Until then there are other streets and other camps you can visit.

Sandwichman

Post by Sandwichman » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:51 pm

neccessity wrote:
falk wrote: Ok, so the women in your camp won't see it as disrespect. Might be interesting to ask the other 15,000 women at Burning Man how they feel about it.
I prefer the more politically correct terms "biatch", "biznach", and "biddies".

I also plan to be stopping by this camp. Sounds like my kinda bitches! Y'all should come by Camp 9 and make some FYB ashtrays for your space.
I will have to stop by. FYB ashtrays could do a person good.

blueniteowl

Post by blueniteowl » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:33 am

falk wrote: Might be interesting to ask the other 15,000 women at Burning Man how they feel about it.
I'm a woman and I'm not offended by it at all. As I see it, the camp name is saying "Fuck You" to bitches. Now, since I don't consider myself a bitch (well at least not all the time, we all have our bitchy moments though don't we) I'm not offended by it. Now I'm sure you could raise the whole "bitch is a derogatory term for women" argument, which is fine. But my opinion is that words like "bitch" and "dick" and "asshole" are all just words that help to describe how people act. If I was offended by everything offensive in this world I'd probably either go insane, or have to become a hermit.

I think it's nice falk and lazarus, that you are looking out for others feelings. But please don't assume that all women will be offended by it. Remember kids, to assume makes an ass out of you and me.

robotland

Post by robotland » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:37 am

Those who ARE offended can be reminded that FYB also stands for "For Your Benefit". Or, in a pinch,

Free Your Brain
Fire Yoga Bacon
French Yoni Bread
Freestyle Yak Butcher
Fornicating Young Bastard
Flaming Yodeling Babboon
Fresh Yam Butter
Flick Yer Booger

etc.
Howdy From Kalamazoo

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:49 am

itym "Finnish Yoni Bread"
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

Sandwichman

Post by Sandwichman » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:11 am

theCryptofishist wrote:itym "Finnish Yoni Bread"
Damn I have been away too long. This will have me chuckling most of the day.

blyslv

Post by blyslv » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:31 am

Is this a place where I can feel comfortable saying "Yo! Step Down"?
Fight for the fifth freedom!

Mozy bonz

Post by Mozy bonz » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:47 am

BBC>
When I ask one Finnish shopper, out to buy bread. It will be exciting to use the new euro," says Finnish student Yoni Alasrukkooyr.

the things you can get from google.

Oh...... can I be a bitch? my wife calls me hers all the time. And she has said fuck you to me also.

Sandwichman

Post by Sandwichman » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:22 pm

blyslv wrote:Is this a place where I can feel comfortable saying "Yo! Step Down"?

Only if you include Bitch as the last word otherwise we will be forced to veto and muzzle you. That is if I can find someone who has a muzzle and is willing to apply it to the situation.

Killbuck
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Sideshow

Post by Killbuck » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:18 pm

Sandwichman!!!

Good to see you posting. Get yo camp fixed, but remember us... we (yo ol pals) at APOKILIPTIKA hope once again to be at the 3:00 plaza, so be sure to have you and the lovely visit us and our "doom dome" theater of interrogation.

We might host a social, so stay tuned.

The Kernul
Visit SIDESHOW at our kewl website http://sideshow2017.weebly.com

Sandwichman

Post by Sandwichman » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:44 pm

Good to see you Kernul. Looking at the remainder of the hooch I smile thinking of your experience with god after a small swig. As the year progresses we will talk about occupations of eachothers camps plan for catillions and royal balls to the tune of Sweedish death metal.

CagedKitty

Post by CagedKitty » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:26 am

"Fry Your Bacon"
Where have I been all my life?

Sandwichman

Post by Sandwichman » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:05 pm

CagedKitty wrote:"Fry Your Bacon"
Anything with bacon is good.

Frail Yiddish Babies

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:48 pm

Fancy Yul Brenners
The Lady with a Lamprey

Lorgasm

Post by Lorgasm » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:59 am

Find your Bitch
Feed your Burner
BOOBIES!!!

mars

Post by mars » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:26 pm

Freaky Young Boyz...that'll attract the babes...since, of course, we know that is the most important thing you can do at Burning Man.

//////////////
Live as if everyone loves you and thinks you look great. Dance as if no one is watching.

Sandwichman

Post by Sandwichman » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:13 pm

mars wrote:Freaky Young Boyz...that'll attract the babes...since, of course, we know that is the most important thing you can do at Burning Man.

//////////////
Yes, you are dead on. We must have babes, tits, and ass because I cannot go on another day without it. We will just rename our camp "Frat boys get laid here".

lazarus

Post by lazarus » Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:43 pm

I would come but only if my wife is allowed to smoke.

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:31 pm

SO my question is how you feel about "Whiskey and Whores"?
I can't believe this question was overlooked...or that the camp hasn't been done already.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!

Return to “2006 Theme Camps”