Camp FYB the debut in 2006

Sandwichman
Burning Since: 2004

Post by Sandwichman » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:10 pm

Kinetic IV wrote:
SO my question is how you feel about "Whiskey and Whores"?
I can't believe this question was overlooked...or that the camp hasn't been done already.
It may just be the remanants of santa in my head but do you think I am implying that my camp use the name whiskey and whores?
oonsa oonsa for your feets [url=http://www.djjasonphilips.com/mixes/mixes_files/La_musica_que_no_tacara_usted_quiere_que_tio_corte.mp3]click here[/url]

digitalrhino

Post by digitalrhino » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:26 pm

[quote="sputnik"] I like DnB and House and all that, but sometimes I wish for something to break through the endless beats.

Ahh...but I digress.[/quote]

Digressing with you...

Amen and howdy do ya.

regionalchaos

Post by regionalchaos » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:41 pm

Camp Fear Your Bitches!! :shock:

Rage

!!!

Post by Rage » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:46 am

As a New Yorker we LOVE Whiskey and Whores!

So...Fuck You Bitches!

Ahhhh feels so good!
"I was dreamin' when I wrote this
Forgive me if it goes astray..." - Prince

Rage

!!!

Post by Rage » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:47 am

It is all about doing your own creative thing...

Leona

haha!

Post by Leona » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:15 pm

[quote="Kinetic IV"][quote]SO my question is how you feel about "Whiskey and Whores"? [/quote]

I can't believe this question was overlooked...or that the camp hasn't been done already.[/quote]

me either!

And i think the word "bitch(es)" should be added to the end of every sentence while visiting the camp. BITCH. And as disturbing as it may seem, girls now a days call each other bitch all the time, and usually its because they are close friends...so hop on the trolly bitches! I think its great that this word has in a sence been disarmed...
"Do you know who I think I am??" -Nepoleona

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:20 pm

Hasn't that camp been done? The phrase has sure been around a while.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Rage

Please...

Post by Rage » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:50 pm

Of coure it's been done!

As I said... it's one of our favorite NYC camps...it's an established tradition!

You guys don't get out much?

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:12 pm

I'm a fish! I die if I leave my bowl!
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

haptotrope

Post by haptotrope » Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:05 pm

Variation on a theme? or a theme song? you tell me (link to a quicktime from this page. Exhibit 431 "looking cute and feeling cute" little more sterotypalicious than your average feminist argument, but its got a good beat and you can dance to it. :-)

ingeniousidea

strip dancing to heavy metal

Post by ingeniousidea » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:24 am

[quote="sputnik"][quote="lazarus"]Well that camp will really attract the ladies.[/quote]

Is it all about attracting the ladies? Or is [b]IT[/b] really about doing your thing? I hope the later.

A friend of mine who has been to 4 burns now, would love to come and setup a camp with a loud sound system that plays the music he likes (mostly heavy metal). However, from past experience he knows that unless he sets up electronic music he will be forever visited by Rangers with requests from his neighbors to shut it down because it's ruining their experience. I like DnB and House and all that, but sometimes I wish for something to break through the endless beats.

Ahh...but I digress.[/quote]

what about putting a theme around the music vs just playing the music, like having a stripper camp? and yes if this ever makes it further then my reply i am volunteering :)
I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar. - Wash from "Serenity"

dragonfly Jafe

Post by dragonfly Jafe » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:54 am

Kinetic IV wrote:
I can't believe this question was overlooked...or that the camp hasn't been done already.
was done last year, somewhere near where I camped (walked by it often)
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Sandwichman

Post by Sandwichman » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:00 am

dragonfly Jafe wrote:
Kinetic IV wrote:
was done last year, somewhere near where I camped (walked by it often)
I had many a friend tell me it was a great camp.
oonsa oonsa for your feets [url=http://www.djjasonphilips.com/mixes/mixes_files/La_musica_que_no_tacara_usted_quiere_que_tio_corte.mp3]click here[/url]

Sandwichman

Post by Sandwichman » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:06 pm

Wow been a while since I have been around these parts.

The bitches are doing well we number around 25 at this point. We will continue forward and soon be unveiling our master plan.

timber mischief

Whisky and Whores

Post by timber mischief » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:07 pm

The whisky and whores saloon was @brc last 4 yrs at least. Bangin piano and all . It's in Asylum village and hosted by mayor Ratti.
Imagine of you will ............ round squares..... Not spherical cubes.............But round squares.

Sandwichman

Post by Sandwichman » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:40 am

FYB is now welcoming new campmates. If you are interested please send me a PM with your details and 100 word letter home on why you want to camp with us.

The details thus far are as follows. We are a camp to be no larger than 40 people. We will offer music, movies, and general buffoonary(sp?). During the week we will have an artist painting an ongoing project on two sections of 8x8 plywood. Although the name sounds cruel and evil we are not aggro and would prefer chill people willing to work and be a part of camp. We will mostly be nocturnal and shade dwellers in the daylight hours. We are for the most part based out of Portland, OR and are a mixture of some first timers and most 3 and 4 year vets. Most of us still love the event and would rather remain oblivious to the politics surrounding the production of Burning Man. So if you are still reading this far please stop and move on.....

I mean it, that is the end.

Ok so I lied here is the really real end.

sake1

Post by sake1 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:32 am

HMMM seems my last comment either did not save or was removed lol (i guess I better play nice) well any way I will be at very least stopping by to check you guys out and I'll even come drop some rymes for ya if ya want.....

EZ
Sake One

Sandwichman

Post by Sandwichman » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:23 pm

Come on over at any time. We will have a shitty mic or you can bring one.

sake1

Post by sake1 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:30 am

I plan on buying one just to bring actually the two that I own I would probably never be able to use again afterwards and are both on the expensive side of things thats for sure..... :twisted: it will be cool to meet you man....

bellboy

Post by bellboy » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:33 pm

Kinetic IV wrote:
do i have to bring my own. i got the whisky but do you know what it takes to get a whore to burningman.

feed yo bacon
~bellboy~

Sandwichman

Post by Sandwichman » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:00 pm

Have a few new campmates. We still have room for a few more. If interested drop me a line.

sake1

Post by sake1 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:34 pm

By the way Jason, Jeremy J in Pullman told me to throw you a shout when I saw him this weekend and says he might just be coming to BM....we will see I suppose :D

epimm

Silly Kids

Post by epimm » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:11 pm

Dont you know it aint about the ladies...its all about the BACON
duh...dumb burners...
GO Camp FYB!

CLARKcon
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: COFFEE CAMP

Post by CLARKcon » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:57 pm

Sandwichman, sorry didnt get the chance to see your set at the show on 4-7-06. Snap, guess I'll have to swing by Camp FYB this summer to make up :D Rock it...
☕ COFFEE CAMP :
"The Social Hub of the Uncivilized World"

.: 🔥)'(🔥 2020 // ...???... :.

Sandwichman

Post by Sandwichman » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:33 am

sake1 wrote:By the way Jason, Jeremy J in Pullman told me to throw you a shout when I saw him this weekend and says he might just be coming to BM....we will see I suppose :D
Can't believe I missed this. Jeremy J should be back in the Couv before too long and I will start dragging him out to a few burner events. He'll be hooked before the end of June.

Sandwichman

Re: Silly Kids

Post by Sandwichman » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:35 am

epimm wrote:Dont you know it aint about the ladies...its all about the BACON
duh...dumb burners...
GO Camp FYB!
Bacon will always have a place in heart. Women will come and go but the bacon will always make me whole.

Sandwichman

Post by Sandwichman » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:36 am

CLARKcon wrote:Sandwichman, sorry didnt get the chance to see your set at the show on 4-7-06. Snap, guess I'll have to swing by Camp FYB this summer to make up :D Rock it...
Was a great show man but I understand how it can be difficult to travel from the eastern part of the state for a quick show. Will see you soon.

Oh and thank you for sending the CD and the chap book. Wonderful works man.

Killbuck
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Sideshow

Post by Killbuck » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:47 pm

Visit SIDESHOW at our kewl website http://sideshow2017.weebly.com

bellboy

makin' bacon on the playa or Fry Your Bacon

Post by bellboy » Thu May 11, 2006 9:04 pm

layed at burningman?

i've been going since 96 the first 7 with my now X and i never got laid at burningman. it's just so HARD to build art all day and then heard the pigs home before dinner..... bacon on the playa, yummmmmm

should i bring the flying pigs or try to build out something else on the electric wheelchairs.... gotta register with the Disasterdly Mangled Volunteers of the mutated vehicle department. eeeek :?:
~bellboy~

Sandwichman

Post by Sandwichman » Thu May 11, 2006 9:57 pm

The pigs would be welcome without any doubt.

Return to “2006 Theme Camps”