Subconscious

Our 2005 theme explores psychology: self-expression, self-reflection and the unconscious power of dreams. Discuss.
regynalonglank

Subconscious

Post by regynalonglank » Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:17 pm

I am voting for this one...any time i have done "art" i start out thinking i am making one thing and in the end it becomes something else, and i just sit there and look at it and then go...ohhhhhhh, that's what that is! it just burbles up and makes itself known whether i like it or not!
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum

tonytohono

Post by tonytohono » Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:39 pm

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the unconscious post earlier. In fact, I almost said so, but I decided to wait.

=^P

Subconscious rules it all in the end.

geekster

Post by geekster » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:41 pm

YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT.
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.

Sandwichman
Burning Since: 2004

Post by Sandwichman » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:45 pm

My inner child wants it but I still don't know. ;)
oonsa oonsa for your feets [url=http://www.djjasonphilips.com/mixes/mixes_files/La_musica_que_no_tacara_usted_quiere_que_tio_corte.mp3]click here[/url]

regynalonglank

Post by regynalonglank » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:46 pm

whuzzup sammich!

i'm still trying to get in touch with my inner adult...hee!
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum

Sandwichman

Post by Sandwichman » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:05 pm

regynalonglank wrote:whuzzup sammich!

i'm still trying to get in touch with my inner adult...hee!
I think I need to grow up some to find my inner adult but I am in no rush.

Jason
oonsa oonsa for your feets [url=http://www.djjasonphilips.com/mixes/mixes_files/La_musica_que_no_tacara_usted_quiere_que_tio_corte.mp3]click here[/url]

regynalonglank

Post by regynalonglank » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:10 pm

yeah, me neither!

certainly looks like you've gotten in touch with your inner bug though - yikes :)
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum

regynalonglank

Post by regynalonglank » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:11 pm

geekster wrote:YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT.
i keep trying to click on the red IT as if IT would take me somewhere but IT is not a live link, is IT?
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum

Sandwichman

Post by Sandwichman » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:15 pm

regynalonglank wrote:yeah, me neither!

certainly looks like you've gotten in touch with your inner bug though - yikes :)
Sometimes our innerselves our rather scary shells that hide a deeper soul scared of baring itself to a world that could harm it.

Jason

regynalonglank

Post by regynalonglank » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:18 pm

the trick may be to go ahead and be so beautiful that no one would dare. why don't you go ahead and give it a try, you never know, it might be fun!
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum

geekster

Post by geekster » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:37 pm

regynalonglank wrote:
i keep trying to click on the red IT as if IT would take me somewhere but IT is not a live link, is IT?
No, it isn't a link at all but you wish it were, don't you? Muahhahahaha You feel somwhat empty ... almost cheated out of an experiance that was never really there except in your head. Your subconscious saw the red letters and you saw it as a door to something more and now you are let down because it was a fake door painted on the side of a barn. But have cheer, there is something there. You can get it on the playa, in 2005, at Burning Man.

regynalonglank

Post by regynalonglank » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:41 pm

oh, how i want IT...but i can wait for IT. i'm sure IT will be worth IT!
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum

Ranger Genius

Post by Ranger Genius » Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:34 pm

IT will be worth IT!
You never know. IT may be worth more or less than IT, depending on inflation and the exchange rate.
“We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.”

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:52 pm

Tag, you're IT.

Mister Jellyfish Mister

Post by Mister Jellyfish Mister » Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:05 pm

Oh, the very suchness of your IT!
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com

killercrash26

Post by killercrash26 » Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:51 pm

i am almost feeling like i am stuck between finding my adulthood and leaving behind the child in me. Its a tricky situation or maybe its just a part of growin up. Does anyone else ever feel that way?
-Crash
'You buy the ticket...you take the ride'

geekster

Post by geekster » Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:09 pm

You can have your cake and eat it too. Don't let ANYONE try to feed you that otherwise crap.

dragonfly Jafe

Post by dragonfly Jafe » Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:26 am

regynalonglank wrote:
It must be a subconscious link....of course your conscious mind wouldn't perceive the web page, but your subconscious mind did!

geekster

Post by geekster » Sat Dec 25, 2004 2:19 pm

On of the many beauties of it is that once you have it, you can never be sure if you have it or if it has you.

There is both a tangible and an intangible element to it. The tangible is the same for everyone and the intangible different. But they exist as a pair, one will almost certainly come with the other but not always vice versa.

It is a beautiful thing. You are burning for it.

geekster

Post by geekster » Sat Dec 25, 2004 2:22 pm

And I think I have just decided to make many different tangibles too. But they will always bring you to the place you need so much to be. You really do want it.

Driveway

I got in touch with my inner adult. Turns out he's a drunk

Post by Driveway » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:24 pm

I seriously understand what you mean about being stuck between adulthood and childhood, that's probably got a whole lot to do with my age though.

I used to work with kids a lot, I was always the best camp counsellor or babysitter or whatever. Recently though, I went back to working with them and discovered that I couldn't relate. It was kinda sad.

At the same time I don't wanna be an adult. Adults never do anything fun. Not really fun anyways. sure they go out, gamble, drink party whatever...that ain't fun. Fun is a waterfight. When was the last time you saw non-burner adults engaged in a waterfight?
What is Driveway's Game?

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:38 am

Driveway wrote:
At the same time I don't wanna be an adult. Adults never do anything fun. Not really fun anyways. sure they go out, gamble, drink party whatever...that ain't fun. Fun is a waterfight. When was the last time you saw non-burner adults engaged in a waterfight?
Ah geez, you just don't kow the right adults.

Mister Jellyfish Mister

Re: I got in touch with my inner adult. Turns out he's a dru

Post by Mister Jellyfish Mister » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:05 am

Driveway wrote: At the same time I don't wanna be an adult. Adults never do anything fun. Not really fun anyways. sure they go out, gamble, drink party whatever...that ain't fun. Fun is a waterfight. When was the last time you saw non-burner adults engaged in a waterfight?
Spot on, Driveway. You start acting foolish, something that just comes natural. Adults laugh. You grab one by the wrist saying. "Your turn, come be foolish with me!". "No no no" they chuckle. Like it's their only job in life to be in the audience. You try to just pull harder on wrists, "wake up, damn it!" Then you just move on.

At a nightclub tent at the this year's burn I was dancing with complete and utter abandon. Joyous. A couple of smirking observers sat in a fancy chair and did just that for a while. I invited them to join me anyway, to no avail. The captain of the club later told me he would never sit in that chair because of all the love liquid smeared in it over the years. They sat there like it was a golden throne of superiority.

I know I'm doing it right if I am the wierdest dad in the neighborhood. Wait 'till the neighbors see me walking down the street like this:
www.mutantvehicle.com/miniman.htm
My 9 year old likes the recognition from her peirs for now. That may change when she's s teenager if I can't teach her to be a leader, not a follower by then.
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com

creoleflame

Re: Subconscious

Post by creoleflame » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:36 pm

regynalonglank wrote:I am voting for this one...any time i have done "art" i start out thinking i am making one thing and in the end it becomes something else, and i just sit there and look at it and then go...ohhhhhhh, that's what that is! it just burbles up and makes itself known whether i like it or not!
i agree with you, and feel the same way about the poetry i write... subconsciously therapeutic for me.
"Do, or do not. There is no try."
- Yoda, Jedi Master

regynalonglank

Post by regynalonglank » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:20 pm

absolutely. half of the time i have no idea what my writing "means" until later...sometimes years later. its like some part of me knows what i am up to long before the rest of me figures it out. i like it for what it is, the word play, and i think i understand it from the get go, but layers are revealed over time. hard to say if the writing preconcieves the actions, or the actions stem from the writing, but either way it is pretty clear there is a connection there.

love the avatar, name and sig quote btw...ok, i love everything about you, so whaddaya want from me? hee.
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum

bullD

Post by bullD » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:11 pm

I am going to make a conscious effort to make my subconcious unconcious.

con-subcon-uncon ciously,

me

creoleflame

Post by creoleflame » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:48 am

regynalonglank wrote:absolutely. half of the time i have no idea what my writing "means" until later...sometimes years later. its like some part of me knows what i am up to long before the rest of me figures it out. i like it for what it is, the word play, and i think i understand it from the get go, but layers are revealed over time. hard to say if the writing preconcieves the actions, or the actions stem from the writing, but either way it is pretty clear there is a connection there.

love the avatar, name and sig quote btw...ok, i love everything about you, so whaddaya want from me? hee.
... and in the revelation of the layers is where my therapy seems to commence. i couldn't have stated it it any clearer than you have.

Sebastopol, huh? celtic music and wine are essentials for me (smile). visiting your city is one of my life goals...
- Yoda, Jedi Master

bullD

Post by bullD » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:09 am

Make that visit sooner than later, you will be rewarded...

creoleflame

Post by creoleflame » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:15 am

just for the festivals or anytime of year? i am currently in the process of an uprooting... moving from new orleans to houston. even with burning man i am only able to begin planning for 2006... oh, and what is the one thing i MUST experience there in Sebastopol?
- Yoda, Jedi Master

bullD

Post by bullD » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:39 am

Beauty!!!! Natural Beauty!!!! in abundance.
The Coast, the wine valleys, the mountains, the people...
In my opinion, spring is the best time of year for stunning scenery here in Marin, Sonoma, Napa, Mendocino and Humboldt counties. But, It doesnt stop there, to the north and to the south are equally as stunning; redwoods up north and Santa Cruz, Monterey, and Big Sur down south. Everything is GREEN and full of life and color.
For the best weather, again my opinion, late summer is it; our Indian summer; September and early October.

When you make it out, plan on as much time as possible. Oh, and the city of San Francisco isn't bad either... :shock: :wink:

Return to “2005 Theme”