Lydia Best to check times and dates -Ascension and Souls

All things outside of Burning Man.
DE FACTO

Post by DE FACTO » Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:37 pm

Kinetic II wrote:I see where this is going and so I'm going to offer mea culpas and turn the valves off the oxygen and acetylene tanks so I'm not contributing to the flame. If your not part of the solution, your most likely part of the problem. I don't want that to apply to me.
Sir Dude, you will always be ok by me
since day one when you first got here.
ok?

Mr. K

Lydia Love

Post by Lydia Love » Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:39 pm

Oh my god you fucking fuckwits

Handed an opportunity to flame this thread spamming asshat into the stoneage you flame EACHOTHER?
It's all about the squirrels.

DE FACTO

Post by DE FACTO » Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:41 pm

Lydia Love wrote:Oh my god you fucking fuckwits

Handed an opportunity to flame this thread spamming asshat into the stoneage you flame EACHOTHER?

hey hey hey
it's ok
the flame is out

Kinetic II

Post by Kinetic II » Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:50 pm

De Facto, I have no problems with you, and your posts have really improved of late.

I like the Time posts, I have some shamanic background and can understand his writing where others miss it. But he's going about it all wrong, and I know that Badger is like a loose cannon ready to rip him apart. I don't want the poor guy to get blasted like that. That's all there is to it.

Forgive me for caring, or getting all worked up over it. I simply don't want to see him get hit like that. I know it's coming. It's gonna be brutal. And it's so damn avoidable. That's what bothers me the most. It's like seeing someone standing on the RR tracks and there's a train coming. You yell to get them to move, but they never listen, they never see it coming until it's too late. And then some of us have to clean up what's left.

It just sucks. It really does.

PetsUntilEaten

Post by PetsUntilEaten » Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:54 pm

Kinetic II wrote: And then some of us have to clean up what's left.
dramatic and untrue.

DE FACTO

Post by DE FACTO » Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:54 pm

well he is a she if your talking config.
and badger is just funnin.

Kinetic II

Post by Kinetic II » Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:07 pm

PetsUntilEaten wrote:
Kinetic II wrote: And then some of us have to clean up what's left.
dramatic and untrue.
Depends on the situation but sometimes there's an ungly aftermath. Other times no.

And with that, I'm off to watch MNF: the Raider Hater game!

III

Post by III » Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:20 pm

>opportunity to flame this thread spamming asshat

you *are* talking about digiman/de facto, right?
[url]http://3playa.cultureshark.net/[/url]

Badger

Post by Badger » Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:05 pm

asshat
I so love that word.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Bob
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Post by Bob » Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:37 am

Damn. Sorry I got here late, folks.

Good work! The entire thread, from Guru Digitime on down, is why I love the eplaya.
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

DE FACTO

Post by DE FACTO » Tue Oct 21, 2003 1:15 am

Bob wrote:Damn. Sorry I got here late, folks.

Good work! The entire thread, from Guru Digitime on down, is why I love the eplaya.
Wow Bob.

now I'm just not feeling worthy of your presence.

nipples

Post by nipples » Tue Oct 21, 2003 1:24 pm

When some of you want to learn a little about spirituality, you would do well to respect religious commonalities between cultures rather than deride differences you perceive with eyes shut & ears plugged. If you do not & aprreciate a culture & continue to spout off, you sound like a Luddite arguing with a waffle iron.

If, for instance, you are ignorant on American Indian mythology, before voicing an opinion, you may want to pick up a copy of "Where the Two Came To Their Father" told by Jeff King to Maud Oakes & commentary by Joseph Cambell, with "A Navaho War Ceremoy Given by Jeff King" (ISBN #0-691-02069-eight (won't let me post full #). This is a good narrative.. palatable for even other-than American Indian cultures to digest.

An except from "Commentary", page 57 (I have to hand type this, so bear with me if you read it)

"... The principal hero of "Where the Two Came to Their Father" is a demigod widely known in the mythologies of the Southwest. In a Jicarilla Apache version of (t)his legend he makes a portentous pronouncement to his people, before the moment of his last departure:

"This earth," he declares. "is my body. The sky is my body. The seasons are my body. The water is my body too.... The world is just as big as my body. The world is as large as my word. And the world is as large as my prayers. The sky is only as large as my words and my prayers. The seasons are only as great as my body, my words, and my prayer. It is the same with the waters; my body, my words, my prayer are greater than the waters.

"Whoever believes me, whoever listens to what I say, will have long life. One who doesn't listen, who thinks in some evil way, will have a short life."

( nipples: Sound familiar?!)

Another except, this time from page 58 & 59 of Commentary:

"The first signs to be understood is that of the dual hero- the apperace of not one hero, but of two:....." "..... Such hero couples are well known to the world of myth. We hear of Prometheus and Epimetheus, Castor and Pollux, Romulus and Remus, the Ashvins of the Vedas, Arthur and Merlin, Faust and Mephistopheles. More remote from our own tradition we discover Sumerian Gilgamesh and Enki-du, Tagaro and Suquematua of the New Hebrides Melanesians, Keri and KAme of the Bakairi of Brazil, Lion-boy and Bull-boy of the African Waremba, the popular Burmese Swe Pyin Nyinaung.

"Vishnu, the Lord of the world, plucked from his head two hairs, a darker and a lighter, and the former became the black incarnation, Krishna, whereas the latter became his elder brother, Balarama. Or again: when, by dint of terrific austerities, the prodigious demon Guha had acheived invulnerability even against the two supreme divinities of creation, Vishnu (Hari) and Shiva (Hara), then, fearless of all consequneces he went forth and overcame the world; whereupon the two gods, to restore to the universe it's balance, combined their antagonistic essences into a single manifestaion, Harihara: thus having united the whole polarity of the cosmos in one vast paradox of a body (its left side Vishnu the Preserver, its right side Shiva the Destroyer; Vishnu, Lord of the Ryhtym of Time, Shiva, the Master of Rest Eternal)..."

and also on page 59: ..." Wherewith, we recall that our own Christian contest of the Angels and the Devils is closely akin to the Persian, and we understand that Heaven and Hell, as the residences, respectively, of these powers, represents a thesis and antithesis of the cosmic dialectic.

(nipples:) All of which is horribly long wided to someone whom has no interest in spiritual matters, but you know what? I was very glad to see Config UR8's posts in this regard. Most fortunate timing (perfect, of course!), on my behalf, to have read him/her.

What I'm trying to say here is that just because YOU do not like to read about this or that, do not take it as an attack on your being. This is someone whom has stated that he/she is a Shamann. That he/she is attempting to basically "restore to the universe it's balance", to repeat a quote above. Is that somehow a bad thing?!
This is someone facing tremendous spiritual upheavel, selflessly.. is the quest only within his/her mind? Do you contain a Yin/Yang? Will you ever seek such restoration? Is Con FiGUr8's quest less significant than any past or future quest? Not to me. Figure 8's (infinity!) quest is as fine an effort TO ME as were the few mentioned above which I have studied, with interest. How is this in anyway an affront to your being?!!!

Chill. Relax! Everyone ELSE is doing just fine... due in part to ConFiG U R 8? Yes. Yes, a thousand times, yes.
Last edited by nipples on Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Kinetic II

Post by Kinetic II » Tue Oct 21, 2003 1:35 pm

I like his posts, I just wish they were not scattered all over the place. That's what pissed off so many people.

I love almost all of what he posted and even printed some out, did Google searches on things he mentioned and more. I got a lot of of it.

DE FACTO

Post by DE FACTO » Tue Oct 21, 2003 1:36 pm

nipples you should have started these threads off.

plus I'm sure you would have not posted multiple threads about the same topic as has been done here.

none of us really had a problem with the philosophies,
at least I did'nt. It was the aproach that seem to spawn a problem.

stuart

Post by stuart » Tue Oct 21, 2003 1:50 pm

s/he can post all it wants about this matter. That is not really the issue here. If you saw the board yesterday (mon, oct 20, a.m. PST) you would have seen well over half a dozen threads started by this poster all within an hour or so of each other. Looking at the threads you would also notice that many of them were spawned before previous ones had even been read, let alone responded to. I am not commenting on the worthiness of this discussion, that is not my place. I am commenting on the fact that it is fucking rude as hell to spam the general folder with multiple threads when all of the OPs could easily go under one topic. Also, look at the subject line of some of these threads, they are brutally misleading. One asks about dessert costumes. Upon opening the thread you find the same type of material that is in, say, this thread. This thread appears to be a response to a single eplayan (also rude, why not PM?). And look what we have here, the same stuff. This behavior is very inconsiderate.

DE FACTO

Post by DE FACTO » Tue Oct 21, 2003 1:51 pm

nipples wrote:When some of you want to learn a little about spirituality, you would do well to respect religious commonalities between cultures rather than deride differences you perceive with eyes shut & ears plugged. If you do not & aprreciate a culture & continue to spout off, you sound like a Luddite arguing with a waffle iron.
Try explaining that to the Shinicock's murderers.

Too late.
Last edited by DE FACTO on Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nipples

"I goaded Buddah" on your t-shirt, much?!

Post by nipples » Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:45 pm

I do understand frustration with occasionally un-inteligible posts, but did you know that if you do not respond to them, they drop off the page in short order? VERY short order? Do not feed whom you consider a troll. If EVERYONE other than you resembles a troll, and you cannot resist provoking an argument, there you have it. You just like to mix it up! Wow! Hey, at least YOU are happy! (What about the kids... er.. Trolls! You are making them miserable!).

That is how this works... the threads which are most frequently responded to stay on top, because they are more current. Logical.

In Con fiG U R 8's defense, as a Shamann in his/her initial post here, he/she stated to please be patient, and that:
"These articles are excellent pieces to familariaze your inner Shaman
Whose language you are not always speaking
They do not always understand"

Which means (to me) that during his/her assumption of heaven, there is a disruption in the ability to communicate, due to the disparate nature of Heaven & Hell. This disruption is likely to soon be permanently obtuse to us, so glom while the getting is good & say you saw it here, first (when your kids are quoting it later on).
Last edited by nipples on Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DE FACTO

Post by DE FACTO » Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:50 pm

I still say nipples should have started the thread.

alice

Post by alice » Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:58 pm

nipples did start a thread, you fuckin moron.
bitch all you want - it won't change nothin.

DE FACTO

Post by DE FACTO » Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:09 pm

alice wrote:nipples did start a thread, you fuckin moron.
I am so in love with you.

you gorgeous luscious thing you.

DE FACTO

Post by DE FACTO » Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:11 pm

DE FACTO wrote:I still say nipples should have started the thread.
i should have said:

I still say nipples should have started this thread.

PetsUntilEaten

Re: "I goaded Buddah" on your t-shirt, much?!

Post by PetsUntilEaten » Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:01 pm

nipples wrote:That is how this works... the threads which are most frequently responded to stay on top, because they are more current. Logical.
duh.

however - when this shaman adds to its own posts and makes new threads - its amazing how a little "excuse me - would you fucking quit it?!" - really works.

I think most just object to the multiple posts - one thread remains - this one, where we comment on those posts, you comment on our comments, etc. This person wants to address people in their own voice & they get to see how well that works.

ps - its nearly impossible to read the subject line on posts.

DE FACTO

Post by DE FACTO » Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:10 pm

Does anyone remember what this thread is anymore?

Kinetic II

Post by Kinetic II » Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:56 pm

DE FACTO wrote:Does anyone remember what this thread is anymore?
Does anybody care?

alice

Post by alice » Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:18 pm

don't know; don't care.
bitch all you want - it won't change nothin.

SED

Post by SED » Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:16 pm

May I have the honor of ending this?

SED
It ain't the hanging, it's the drop.

PetsUntilEaten

Post by PetsUntilEaten » Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:20 pm

no.

SED

Post by SED » Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:33 pm

Well, all reeeeeet.

Ga blooey blah blee blah boo boo pee pee ugga bugga woofy toot toot.

Hamana hamana hamana ooh! ah! ooh! ah! ooh!

Zuippy dip wee dee dee dee!

Only serious responses, please. No just kidding.

heeeewack! golla bolla zug zug!
It ain't the hanging, it's the drop.

Return to “Open Discussion”