Mel-o-drama.....

All things outside of Burning Man.

Was Mel out of line for his comments?

He was totally wrong and should be ostrasized from the industry.
4
7%
He was totally wrong and should be ostrasized from the industry.
4
7%
He should be allowed to voice his opinion on any subject, no matter which side he takes.
24
43%
He should be allowed to voice his opinion on any subject, no matter which side he takes.
24
43%
 
Total votes: 56

User avatar
Lorgasm
Posts: 2233
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: to be announced

Post by Lorgasm » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:34 am

I love it: Purple Tellitubby (sp) is Jewish. Funny, he doesn't look Jewish.
BOOBIES!!!

User avatar
theCryptofishist
Posts: 40313
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:28 am
Burning Since: 2017
Location: In Exile

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:40 am

Don Assmussen is someone who can make snark into an artform...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

User avatar
Lassen Forge
Posts: 5320
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Post by Lassen Forge » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:19 am

Regardless of his stupid comment (which, had he not been famous, would have rolled off everyone's back - note to self - NEVER become famous, lest you be crucified for opening your mouth) the major issue is...

WHY THE FUCK WAS HE DRIVING DRUNK??!!??

I have watched coroners pull the remains of people out of wrecks, while the drunken operator of the vehicle who caused the wreck walks around with nary a scratch. I have watched people flip cars and cause a lot of damage and pain and suffering by being sloshed behind a wheel of a car.

So yeah, no matter what comment he made to whoever (which, had he not been a famous person would have not received squat for notice) the point SHOULD be the guy should NOT have been behind the wheel of a car. Period.

User avatar
joel the ornery
Posts: 2657
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 3:28 pm
Burning Since: 1998
Location: i'm the snarky one in your worst fucking nightmares
Contact:

Post by joel the ornery » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:46 am

the bartender should have called him a cab, and valet should not gotten his vehicle for him.

IMHO.

User avatar
Lorgasm
Posts: 2233
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: to be announced

Post by Lorgasm » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:53 am

Unless of course he called the bartender and the valet bad names.....
BOOBIES!!!

User avatar
theCryptofishist
Posts: 40313
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:28 am
Burning Since: 2017
Location: In Exile

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:02 am

In which case they should have smashed his car before he got into it.


I would hate to lose another of my beloveds to a car crash simply to have bragging rights: "Mel Gibson killed my (sister/husband/best friend/child). Too bad he can't do that ressurection trick on them.

I'm sure a nice pay out would be made, but no matter how nice the pay out, it cannot replace the lost ones.

And so, mr. gibson, Go to jail and take it like a man!!!!


eidted for sence
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

can't sit still
Posts: 4645
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:21 pm
Location: SoCal

Post by can't sit still » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:21 pm

Rebi Rick, you mentioned that you were censured for mentioning an unmentionable subject.

My brother has been working for many years on a book on heredity and genetics. He put short parts of it on places like Craigslist or Myspace etc.
It was deleted pretty fast.
here's a sample;

I've worked on this book for so many years and have always been amazed that no one else had already written it. Sure it's a bit complicated, but it is obvious in so many ways. Well, I found out the explanation of why that is so. It was written by C. D. Darlington, the great British Geneticist whom I borrow a lot from in this book. It explains a lot and puts this book in context. It also defines a critical requirement I have to fulfill in this book. It has to do with what he referred to as the Three Great Lies of Science.

Darlington said that there were three great lies in science. These three topics were taboo and would get you driven from science if you discussed them. He said that perpetuating these lies distorted all of science and the human beliefs that come from them. Since these lies are about humans, this has placed a limit on what humans can understand and distorts our values, including values critical to survival. The consequences and dangers of this distortion cannot be underestimated.

The first lie was about humans being animals, something that Darwin and Huxley finally brought out. The second lie was about human sexuality. This held sway until at least the 1930's before it could be examined in academia without punishment (Such as The Kinsey Report). The third lie is about human heredity. For many reasons, but mostly accommodation, the peoples and nations have decided to ignore the differences between races, tribes, peoples, even men and women. This distorts the views of humanity that we are able to make. It is a huge limitation upon us, but in hindsight, perhaps this is good. Racial interactions appear to be a rather rough sort of Darwinian win-lose proposition. The gain of one comes from the loss of another's. So we are locked in this struggle of denial, even as the genetic researchers find, one after another, genes that influence every aspect of human existence, especially behavior. As this book is to explain, there are circumstances that can remove the problem of racial conflict implicit in this kind of racial recognition. Not only can we admit to the differences, but we must to survive. Understanding the concept of this book makes chauvenistic racism mostly meaningless. The message of this book must be understood, because it includes an understanding of heredity and race that we will need for survival as well as some astonishing potentials beyond survival.

I did not know about those taboos, so I studied human nature and genetic differences. I learned how the genes fit in to what we are and what that means. I studied this in the context of trying to figure out how humans could create a stable ecology. This is not about saving the environment, though that will likely be an important part of it. This is about creating a stable human ecology that humans can survive and grow in. We mostly have not had one in thousands of years and by definition, that is a dangerous place for any specie to be. We have to find a new way we can survive. We have to make the transition to a new ecology. This is the basis of this book from beginning to end.

To offer a useful description of human heredity, it must be described in three ways. First is in terms of genetics, science and reason . Second, it is about basic survival so it must be communicated in terms of emotion and morality. Finally, it must offer a different result than what has been offered by 'Social Darwinism'. This cannot be a science in a moral vacuum. The issue of races must be clearly addressed in a way that leads to something of benefit for all, not conflict.
Note that the arguments for Social Darwinism and chauvenistic racism are not illogical, inherently false or even unnatural. It is new factors that are a bit more complicated, that change the situation. Those old arguments get superseded and their results would waste incredible opportunities, let alone perhaps preclude long term human survival. These new factors have to do with issues of disease and genetics, but are described in terms of morality and survival.
As a later note, the recent around the world studies of the genetic makeup of individuals such as by National Geographic are showing that appearances of race may be quite deceiving. Racial genetics are distributed far and wide and show up in unexpected places. This is another factor that argues against racial conflict.

There are consequences to this. This extreme distortion of truth has caused extreme distortions in society. There are a many places that this is important, but consider just two. The first relates to children and the second relates to religion. In both cases, the denial of the importance and uniqueness of individual human genetics and the inherent value of heredity has lowered the value of the individual. I think this has also lowered the perceived value of children and has contributed to the decline in child raising and its value in Western culture that has been educated with these incomplete premises. The second result of the reduction in individual worth has been the relative increase in the perceived worth of religion, which represents more the survival of groups than the individual. We have not ascribed individuality and individual worth in terms of genetics, so we seem only aware of a sort of mystical nature and worth. This has all contributed to a very short term point of view in everything we do.
That is besides all other the mis-formed social, educational, political, etc. policies and philosophical views created based on this faulty information. Then again, the other option may have been racial wars.

Of course you might not think that there are still forbidden questions in science. How could it even be done? How could there be such a conspiracy and how could it work? It's very simple. If someone wants to examine heredity, they are simply called a racist or perhaps a Nazi. These days that will cause academic and social ostracism. I suspect that in Darwin's day, someone studying life as seperate from God's creation, was simply called an atheist. Today, it doesn't matter if one honestly and for the benefit of humans, studies heredity and race, they are simply labeled a racist and rejected. There is no distinction made between a student of heredity and a chauvenistic or jingoistic racist. Realize that though this study finds that what is thought of as racism is becoming meaningless and will become more meaningless as time goes on, the commonest reaction to it will be a knee jerk reaction that this is just a racist document and so by definition is evil. Heredity is still a forbidden topic, but it must be examined. We are lucky that not only is there an alternative to Social Darwinism, but that the alternative shows how and why each race should be glad the others exist and can contribute to all humanity's survival.
If someone tells you that the study of heredity is racism, understand that it is just a thoughtless reaction that they were trained to give.

Then once this issue of heredity is understood, when we have a more realistic understanding of humans, perhaps we can approach the 'Fourth Forbidden Topic In Science'.
I don't post things because I believe that they are the absolute truth. I post them because I believe that they should be considered.

User avatar
Apollonaris Zeus
Posts: 3716
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:17 am

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:32 pm

KK Kramer does a Mel-o-drama 2 a comedy club in LA.


His was having a hard time breaking the Seinfeld curse, He won't even be playing the Borscht Belt for a long time!

"The blacks are the cause of all the wars in the world!"

Excuse me but, "Are you black!"




AIIZ

User avatar
Rabbi Dali Rick
Posts: 1848
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:28 am
Location: Red Rock City, California
Contact:

And now for something completely different.....

Post by Rabbi Dali Rick » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:58 pm

Racism. It is now the social bane of our national lives. Dealing with each other has become so complicated and convuluted that no one knows what to do and how to relate among races anymore. I feel sorry for KKKramer, he has probably been around a few black comics, or friends and may have been privy to a coupla "brother sessions" and did not realize that the conjoining of bovinial scatology does not migrate conversation to conversation. And what's even more abtract is, what may be fine to say to one black person is unthinkable to say to another. He probably was retorting some hip jive that may have overheard, that worked for someone else, in another situation but alas not this time and not for him. It may have been artifically induced on the set of "Sienfield" where he may have been privy to conversations between or had conversation and tried to borrow some of the langauage and attitude, but because it was borrowed and he may have b een recanting someone else's words, it just sounded racist.

For example; a very good friend of my (many time burner) and an a film editor in the Adult community. He had recently started working with some young producers who were from New York, and were totally raised on HipHop and MTV ect... Every other word out of their mouth was nigga this, and nigga that, my nigga here, all with the gusto, verve and innocence you see all the time with the youth today, especially someone raised on the streets of NY. Our cultures on their level have meshed and little is thought of the origins of the collecual speech. Well anyhoo, my friend , who is not twenty but fifty, and lookes like he's in his sixth Trimester of pregnancy, had, after a couple of weeks of working with them, picked up the N-word as an exclamation point to every one of his sentences. So when we end up spending time together, he thought he had it down. After a few teeth nasshing hours I broke down, I had to explain to him, maybe in his mind, he may sound just like a NY bred PR but when "he" says "Common Nigga Let's bounce up oudda here..." In reality he sounded more more like Larry the Cable Guy saying "Com'mon Nigger, let's get the cornpone outta here, and Gitter Done.... When he realized his error he immediatly dropped the verbage, and was glad he had not tried his new found hipness in public and especially in earshot of other blacks who would not have thought it was funny, or hip. We just need more social interaction and more realistic situations on tv that deal with this stuff.


Deep down in side everybody's a Racist of some sort, theres always something about someone that we as people don't like, envy, or want that makes us feel obligated to have irriputiable thoughts or opinions towards them.






"You don't need to be hip just be yourself..."



the rebbi

can't sit still
Posts: 4645
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:21 pm
Location: SoCal

Post by can't sit still » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:06 am

Rabbi. I like your message. Origen ,setting and context is everything.

SED wasn't NEAR so understanding when it came to a private conversation between Mel and the cop.
The blacks tend to get resentful when confronted with something that they consider racially denigrating.
The jews tend to get prickly. When I met SED, he gave my a live cartridge from a high-powered hunting rifle,,,,with my name on it.
Dan
I don't post things because I believe that they are the absolute truth. I post them because I believe that they should be considered.

User avatar
Eric
Moderator
Posts: 9343
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:45 pm
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly
Contact:

Post by Eric » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:20 pm

can't sit still wrote:The blacks tend to get resentful (snip)
The jews tend to get prickly. (snip)
The whites tend to lump everyone else into groups so they can feel superior?

Sorry- these statements really pissed me off (but of course I'm Jewish, so I get all prickly). Anybody who will lump a group of humans into a mass that they can dismiss because they share one characterisitic is as much of a racist as anyone can be.

No two Jews are exactly alike (old joke- if you ask two Jews what they think you'll get three opinions)
No two African-americans are exactly alike.
No two Chinese are...
No two whites are...
No two humans are...

Saying that a group, as a mass, "tends" to be one way is like me saying that old white men all tend to be bigoted assholes. I know that's not true. Saying it doesn't make it true, it just makes me sound stupid.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

can't sit still
Posts: 4645
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:21 pm
Location: SoCal

Post by can't sit still » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:37 pm

Well, Eric, Thank you for corroborating my point on my post of Aug 4
Talking about anything related to race almost always engenders a kneejerk reaction from somebody. So,, no one talks about it.

I can say that the Irish have 6 times the per-capita alcohol consumption of the rest of europe,,,,and that's OK
If I say that the Irish are a bunch of drunks,,,that's racist slander.

If I say that the Jews are a prickly group,,,, that's no more racist than saying that the Baptists are narrow minded. Neither group is a "race"

I can't even say that all jews are Semitic,,,anymore than I can say all popes are Italian. Nor are the majority of Semites, jews.

You can say "lump" , I say "generalise"

You decry my generalisations about a certain religious group. As I said in an earlier post, the choices are;
1. Name each and every case
2. Generalise
3. Say nothing

Everyone is afraid of the kneejerk reaction, so they pick option #3
I don't do that!!
You said that I "dismissed" the jews. I did nothing of the sort. I spent 2 weeks in Jerusalem just to get an idea of what's going on. From my experiences, I judge the majority of the Israelis to be intransigent.

I can say Pygmies are short and Kenyans are tall. Nobody gets pissed off.
If I say that 80% of the US prison population is African-American,,,,people start to squirm,,,wondering what I'm going to say next.
People just aren't comfortable discussing race,,,,in humans. We can talk all day about the relative merits if different breeds of dogs or horses.

Nobody squirms if you say that Irish Setters are stupid. Nobody needs to give an IQ test to a dog to know if it's stupid or not.
If we apply these same powers of observation to other species,,,it's OK.
Dolphins are smart,,chickens are stupid.

Don't talk about homo Sapiens though!!! You can get away with talking about physical attributes as long as they're positive. I can say that olive-skinned people can tolerate the sun better,,,,that's OK.

If I say that Negroes have a poorly designed skeletal structure,,,that's racist. BTW, that's why you rarely see Negro wrestlers. Their joints can take impact [boxing] but not pull [wrestling]

I read the "Bell Curve" which uses many millions of statistics to illustrate differences in different races. No one feels comfortable discussing
THAT one.
Everyone has to generalise for many things in life. One just needs to revise ones opinion when facts dictate a new picture.
I've read many of your posts. I've formed my opinion of you from your statements. [very positive] The fact that you're [self-admitidly] queer and jewish [your words] has no effect either way on my opinion.

I generalise until I receive information to the contrary. Since, I'll never meet every person in the world, I'll continue to generalise.

What would be your reaction if someone gave you a loaded round with your name on it??
I don't post things because I believe that they are the absolute truth. I post them because I believe that they should be considered.

Toolmaker
Posts: 2511
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:44 pm

!

Post by Toolmaker » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:20 pm

I hate ALL the teletubbies. Not because of their race.. but beacuse they make me think of murder. The teletubbies are subliminally programming people to hate!! They must be stopped at all costs!!! Mel Gibson was not drunk, he was drugged by the scientologists. Its all part of Xenus larger plan for us. The purple people eater.. PURPLE. Barney.. PURPLE! and now the teletubbie.. also PURPLE. Princes movie.. PURPLE rain!!! So you see.. its really quyite obvious. RedRum is NOT murder.. PURPLE IS!!!

The clown does not shoot back at the crowned one because he is red. He thought it better to be red than dead. He was proven wrong. Red is part of purple therefore he was MURDERED. See the connection?

User avatar
Apollonaris Zeus
Posts: 3716
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:17 am

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:57 am

Racism is the Bane of having a Sun and having geographical barriers!

If we all lived under ground we would all be trans-lucient (not to be confused with trans-sexual!)

"If I say that 80% of the US prison population is African-American"

I once had a conversation with a guy who said something similar to that, but I pointed out that here in Montana the prisons are filled with white guys so the reason for crime is social-economical not enthosocialogical.

Could it be that the main basis for racial hate is because of the three main religions (judasm, Christianity and Islam) belief that God made the dark race because they were sinners of which is now the focus in the "White Man's Bible" used by white supremists. the bible was the premise on which colonial Slavery Laws were based: sinful, inferior, animalistic, species, mud race, etc.!

I find it sad that people of color even join thessereligions but I do because they kept ignorant of the true meaning and swept up with the superficial "God Loves you" or "Jesus Loves You"

They suck you in with that shit but they really selling you is a place in Hell!

AIIZ

PS- I always warned you about those purple people eaters! And those Rabbits too, soon you'll be seeing Paned Humans with Mustard on the menu!

PSS- saw the movie "Borat" this week and I'm a little suprised that the JDL hasn't made a comment of defamation? Older blacks have condemn even the use of "niggas", since the creators of BOrat is Jewish then it's OK. IS it really OK?

User avatar
theCryptofishist
Posts: 40313
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:28 am
Burning Since: 2017
Location: In Exile

Re: And now for something completely different.....

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:44 am

Rabbi Dali Rick wrote:
Deep down in side everybody's a Racist of some sort, theres always something about someone that we as people don't like, envy, or want that makes us feel obligated to have irriputiable thoughts or opinions towards them.
True. So true. We all have scars from growing up in a racist society. Deep ugly scars.

I am so sick of racism. Including my own. At 42, I'm just beginning to have some of the scales fall from my eyes, just learning to thing about "the other" as a human varient instead of an enemy.

I hope that if I had ever said the things that KKKramer is reported to have said in the paper, that I would have apologised then and there, unequivicoly and offered to pay back the entrance fee. (not have the club do it.) For everyone there. Because it would feel really gross to go back to the routine.

He's a comedian--shouldn't he know how to deal with hecklers?

Oh well.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

can't sit still
Posts: 4645
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:21 pm
Location: SoCal

Post by can't sit still » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:50 am

Just as in most groups, there is disagreement among the chosen people.
Here's an interesting history.
http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Israe ... srael.html

Also, as you say, there is sometimes unfair treatment of colored races by religous groups. Several years ago a report came out that blood from Ethiopian donors in the Israeli army was routinely thrown out.
2 ounces of melanin in your skin and your blood's worthless,,,,amazing
Dan
I don't post things because I believe that they are the absolute truth. I post them because I believe that they should be considered.

SED
Posts: 1359
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:26 pm

Re: !

Post by SED » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:09 am

Toolmaker wrote:I hate ALL the teletubbies. Not because of their race.. but beacuse they make me think of murder. The teletubbies are subliminally programming people to hate!! They must be stopped at all costs!!! Mel Gibson was not drunk, he was drugged by the scientologists. Its all part of Xenus larger plan for us. The purple people eater.. PURPLE. Barney.. PURPLE! and now the teletubbie.. also PURPLE. Princes movie.. PURPLE rain!!! So you see.. its really quyite obvious. RedRum is NOT murder.. PURPLE IS!!!

The clown does not shoot back at the crowned one because he is red. He thought it better to be red than dead. He was proven wrong. Red is part of purple therefore he was MURDERED. See the connection?
Wow. It's the anti-Koosh.
It ain't the hanging, it's the drop.

User avatar
DVD Burner
Posts: 9746
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:09 am
Contact:

Post by DVD Burner » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:54 am

I'm glad the rebbi is here on eplaya.
Wish he were everywhere.







So what, it's a one liner. :P
[url=http://www.digicastinternational.com][img]http://76.14.56.240/digiweb/button10.jpg[/img][/url]

"[i][b]The art is in the digit![/b][/i]"

[url=http://eplaya.burningman.com/search.php?search_author=THE+ORIGINAL+DIGIMAN]The Original Digiman[/url]

can't sit still
Posts: 4645
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:21 pm
Location: SoCal

Post by can't sit still » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:04 am

I believe that the Rebbi is hibernating. Hwy 15 was snowed closed and the high desert is fucking cold. Also, he depends on batteries to keep his heater going. His casa has a lot of windows and I imagine that it's pretty hard to heat it with propane. I wish him the best, but he's picked a harsh way to pass the winter.
Dan
I don't post things because I believe that they are the absolute truth. I post them because I believe that they should be considered.

User avatar
Apollonaris Zeus
Posts: 3716
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:17 am

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:20 pm

can't sit still wrote:Just as in most groups, there is disagreement among the chosen people.
Here's an interesting history.
http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Israe ... srael.html

Also, as you say, there is sometimes unfair treatment of colored races by religous groups. Several years ago a report came out that blood from Ethiopian donors in the Israeli army was routinely thrown out.
2 ounces of melanin in your skin and your blood's worthless,,,,amazing
Dan
yeah that's sad, but a diagnose of skin cancer can change one's perspective very fast, but then living in a cave has its benefits too I guess; just ask any cave fish! they're white too but may believe that the fish outside the cave are all sinners too!

AIIZ

User avatar
Apollonaris Zeus
Posts: 3716
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:17 am

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:57 pm

Yeah, do you think that space travelers will be after a long voyage. Very White indeed like fucking cave fish!

User avatar
Apollonaris Zeus
Posts: 3716
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:17 am

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:37 am

Apollonaris Zeus wrote:KK Kramer does a Mel-o-drama 2 a comedy club in LA.


His was having a hard time breaking the Seinfeld curse, for a long time!

"The blacks are the cause of all the wars in the world!"

Excuse me but, "Are you black!
Michael Richards has been masquerating as a jew all these years. One reason why he was picked for the Jerry seinfeld.

Now it has been reveiled that he isn't a jew at all.

His career is over for good!

He won't even be playing the Borscht Belt ever!

AIIZ

can't sit still
Posts: 4645
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:21 pm
Location: SoCal

Post by can't sit still » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:31 am

Zues, you need more discourse. You're replying to your own postings. :roll:
Let's do more Mel.
He got pissed off at the prof at CSUN about Apokaliptica.
Truth is,,,she was right. I did much studying in the Yucatan. It's raised-up ancient seabed,,all limestone. That's why there are no rivers, water percolates down.
Try growing crops in limestone, good luck. The Yucatan was composed of many city-states. They always populated too high for what the soil would provide. They had wars for food and land and they had great famines. The land will only support a very limited number of people.
No rivers or lakes, so only the people on the coast could get fish.

Not being good at abstinance and not wanting to kill their own, they finally arrived at the arrangement of ritual wars to limit population.
They took captives and sacrificed said captives to their gods.
Call it barbaric, but after endless famines, it did stabilise the pop.

It really wasn't much different from European wars. The main difference was that Europeans killed on the battlefield or at sea. War has always been used to maintain population levels.
Every time that Great Britians pop rose above 5 million, they had famines
They had to maintain wars to maintain pop. 5 million was a fixed number until mechanised agriculture was introduced..

Call the Mayans barbaric, but there's nothing civilised about starving to death. Also, they generally took captives from other city-states. Apocalyptica portrays them hunting in the jungles. They generally didn't.
The infant-mortality rate in the jungle was pretty high, so populations grew very little.
Of course, when the Europeans arrived with all their disease, that did a lot for pop control.
Dan
I don't post things because I believe that they are the absolute truth. I post them because I believe that they should be considered.

User avatar
Deleted Barkeep
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:13 am

Re: Mel-o-drama.....

Post by Deleted Barkeep » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:10 pm

Rabbi Dali Rick wrote:Ok Mel Gibson, said some unwise things concerning the Jewish people. There was a lot of truth to "some" of what he was saying, wrapped in a cocoon of ignorant babble.

"Some" in quotation marks, Rick? The way that passage comes across to me, you're saying that it was all true, but keeping his mouth shut about the truth would have been a smarter move for him. Is that how you wish your words to be taken?

There is a simple explanation for a lot of Gibson's behavior. He has a drinking problem. Most people, when they hit a certain point, start thinking "I don't feel so good" and don't want to drink any more. An unlucky few, though, start feeling good exactly when they need to feel bad and start drinking more. These people get in trouble, and the simple, sad fact is that anybody plus enough alcohol is going to be a psychotic asshole. "This guy sober" and "this guy pushing the toxicity limit" are always going to be two different people, and the worst news is that guy number two is the one who's going to be making the next few beverage choices. That's why bartenders cut people off or at least they should. It's their job to watch out for unfortunates like that and the unfortunate people who might end up having to deal with them, even if that means they lose a few popularity contests.

I feel sorry for Gibson. He's a sick man with an addiction who needs help. A good start would be that nobody should sell or serve alcohol to the guy, because everything about an incident like that screams "alcoholic". What I find less understandable is you, presumably in full possession of your faculties, writing that there is "a lot of truth" to comments about the Jews causing most (or was it all) of the world's problems. If I, as a Jew, wrote that Black people caused most of the world's problems, my post would probably be deleted and I'd be put on moderation, if not bounced off this board. But you, as a Black man, can write something that anti-Jewish, and that's being treated as being just a difference of opinion.

I don't think that's fair. Racism is racism, bigotry is bigotry, and a double standard is a double standard, even when it goes along with what some of the people on this board like to write. Take this choice quote from Zeus:

Sadly not a Jew could be seen, but, they were there in the thousands fighting on Xerxes side against the greeks, that wouldn't fly with a jewish president of time warner, the producers including jewish director, Zack Snyder. But, how mennacing are Hasidtic jews anyway.

Oh, I don't know. At 6 1/2 feet tall, I've been considered "menacing looking" enough to be hired as a bouncer, but then I'm not Hassidic. I'm only a Conservative Jew with leanings toward Reconstructionism.

The Hassidim don't show up until modern times, so having them at Thermopylae would be anachronistic, but love the paranoia. I wonder how you'd tell if one of the Persian soldiers was Jewish, anyway? Maybe Apollonaris was expecting to see one of them spinning a dreidel on the battlefield? Or break in a Henny Youngman routine. "Take our giant ... please!" In the middle of battle, of course. Why not? "Leonidas, my friend, have I got a deal on a chariot for you! Hey, Ramses, put down the sword, I'm working here. Leonidas, so sorry. Would you like to set up a payment plan? "

Yes, it would have been just like being there. :roll:


Ok he said it, he apoligise, let's move on, it was not that earth shattering. It was not that big a deal, you don't have to go get every jew in the entertainment industry to voice their fucking opinion... Fuck you, leave the guy alone, he, I think just voiced a vague shadow opinion that most non-jewish people hold deep in the back of their minds.


News to this Yid. I've met plenty of anti-semitic dickwads. More than a few of them post to this board, judging from the mass trolling lizwiz saw on that Camp Israel thread. I've also met plenty of Christians and Muslims who treated my Jewishness as being no more a reason for hatred than my having brown eyes or being left handed.


I know that that is irrational, but and this is America where you are allowed to voice an opinion not matter if it's politically correct or not.


I don't know about that, Rick. When I post this article asking you if it's right for you to be apologising for Jew bashing, I have to ask myself how long it'll take me to get piled on for daring to question the actions of somebody who happens to be Black, or get censored or get smeared by being accused of doing whatever somebody wants me to be guilty of. If I were to post a criticism of Jesse Jackson, Malcolm X, or the African-American community the way some people here have casually attacked Jews as a group, or even gone so far as to call for the general slaughter of Muslims, would I be free to go on posting? Would my thoughts be greeted tolerantly?

I'm amazed that anybody old enough to have seen the 90s as an adult would seriously claim that in America, we're completely free to ignore Political Correctness. Watch a white male go into the work place, let him question the justice of affirmative action or the reasonability of radical feminism, and see what happens.


I still love and respect him for his work as an actor and a director and in now way what he has said ment that much to me personally. They pulled the "holocaust" series, eh, so what, if you really want to see that shit go watch "Shindlers list".


Yeah. It was a mini-series, Rick, but love the dismissive attitude toward genocide. Let's see. I'm supposed to bleed 24-7 and feel eternally far too guilty to ever talk back to an African-American because of a slave trade that ended centuries ago, and was conducted by people I'm not even remotely related to, because somebody decided that my natural light olive skintone looked similar enough to a Northern European pink that lumping my people in with the Swedish made perfect sense. But something that happened in living memory to our own relatives and to the relatives of so many of those we know? Aaaaah, we should just suck it up.


Rick Smith


Nobody else has had the balls to say this, so I'll say it. Rick, you're an asshole. You've been an outstanding asshole to a variety of people who've come to this board, capitalizing on the cowardice of a group of posters so terrified of being accused of racism that they can't find the nerve to speak harshly to somebody of African descent. That you would hide behind something like that, and then deny the power of political correctness? Your chutzpah amazes me.

The flames may now begin. I may or may not bother to respond, but speaking as one of the animals who seems a lot less equal than the other animals on the board, I can't see any reason to bother. If this is how burners see Jews and those of Middle Eastern descent, then how masochistic would any of us have to be to want to extend our hospitality to any of you or, having gotten our anger off our chests, so much as speak to you? Is it wrong to scapegoat Jews or slaughter Muslims? Are you people fucking serious? I had to check the date on my computer to reassure myself that I hadn't stepped into a time warp. Nope, it was still 2007. God Almighty. Issues like these should not be on the table for serious debate any more than slavery should be. As Jews, Arabs, or whoever else you guys feel like wiping your feet on this week, our right to be treated as human beings is not negotiable and it's not something that we should have to fight with you to get. It should just be a given.

What a shame it isn't.

User avatar
Sensei
Posts: 2878
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: Seattle

Post by Sensei » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:20 pm

My, what a big steaming pile of shit you've just spewed!

I'm not going to waste my time listing all the idiotic assumptions you've just made, they're just way too numerous and well, idiotic. I am, however, curious that you've referenced an ancient thread from that shit-for-brains Lizwiz... You've been around quite awhile, haven't you? What did you call yourself back then?

It occurs to be that someone better tell Doc Pyro that the Rabbi doesn't like kikes.

Oops! I've made a politically incorrect joke. Oh no! Now I'll be kicked out for life!

Fuck you, Troll-boy.

can't sit still
Posts: 4645
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:21 pm
Location: SoCal

Post by can't sit still » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:49 pm

Barkeep, or whoever you may be. You demonstrate the typical myopic viewpoint of many Jewish people. Yes, I'm generalising.
You want us to mourn the millions of Jews who were killed in WW2.
Funny, the Jews never make mention that more christians were killed than Jews.
Goy don't count for shit.
Blacks,,,even less. They even made a movie about it. "Look Who's Coming to Dinner". Jewish dislike for blacks is so well known that the underlying theme of the movie didn't need explaining.
It hasn't gone away either. In the IDF everyone is required to give blood. The blood from black soldiers was routinely thrown out.

I wanted to be fair about all this so I travelled to Israel by road. I stayed outside the Jaffa gate. Boy, was that instructive.
True, the rabbi may have dismissed Mel's comment about Jews. You, being a good member of the "squeaky wheel" group have to dredge up this old thread and piss-and-moan.
Standard SOP.
I don't hear a word about any other genocide. Self-serving has always been the name of the game.

Don't even bother to claim racism. The Jews aren't a race. Very few of them are even semitic. The semites are a racial group that live in a few countries in the middle east. Anti-semitism has no relavence to Jews. They just love to claim racism,, that's all.

If you want to talk about disliking certain religious groups, that's fine.
I DISLIKE JEWS.
They kill too many people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When god led Moses to the "Land of Milk and Honey", it sure as hell wasn't empty. They had to kill everybody to get the real estate.
In the formation of the israeli state, they had to kill a lot of British. After they blew up the Star of David hotel, the British pulled out.
Then they continued to kill to make it a jewish state.
Pretty much a paralell of what America did to the British and then the Indians here.
We've stopped killing the Indians [overtly] Israel continues to KILL!!!!
They steal the land and then, they're attacked and then they KILL, KILL, KILL!!!!!!
Israel is formed from stolen land.
David Ben Gurion (the first Israeli Prime Minister): ? "If I were an Arab leader, I would never sign an agreement with Israel. It is normal; we have taken their country. It is true God promised it to us, but how could that interest them?" ,,,yes snipped
_________________
Since when did god start giving out land-grants?
Obviously, the Jews in this country aren't involved in the killing. [directly]
Sharon came right out and said that Israel controls America. I guess that Israel isn't happy with the control that they have. They continue to spy on America,,,nice ally.
Now , America is being dragged, once again into the game of killing non-Jews.
We Americans are getting very tired of all this killing of Israel's enemies.
Obviously Israel is hoping that Iran will hit one of our battle groups with a "Sizzler" missle,,, for which we have no defense.
THAT should assure the anhilliation of Iran. Once more America is put in the position oif killing millions of ISRAEL's enemies.

If Rick dismissed out-of-hand a slur on Jews, it's because all the goy are sick and tired of the squeaky wheel,,,sick and tired of the endless killing, sick and tired of being manipulated to our detriment.
ENDLESS KILLING IS NOT A MODUS OPERANDI THAT WE WANT ANY PART OF.
As long as the Jews continue to insist that they are the chosen people,,,which justifies any attrocity that they choose to commit,,,,John Q public will continue to dismiss them with a wave of the hand.
I don't post things because I believe that they are the absolute truth. I post them because I believe that they should be considered.

Toolmaker
Posts: 2511
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:44 pm

Re: Mel-o-drama.....

Post by Toolmaker » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:50 am

Deleted Barkeep wrote:News to this Yid. I've met plenty of anti-semitic dickwads. More than a few of them post to this board, judging from the mass trolling lizwiz saw on that Camp Israel thread.
liz opened the door herself and deserved what she got. What did she expect to happen when she made a statement like this..
lizwiz wrote: There is no such thing as palestinians today. There are Israelis, there are Jordanians, and there are arabs.

Just like there are no Romans today. Just Italians. (unless you mean the people from the city of Rome).

The term Palestinian left the scene when the British did in the '40s. It was a British term for all the people, Jews and Arabs, that lived in the area that is now Israel and Jordan. The Jews got Israel and the Arabs got Jordan.
Personally I have nothing but love for folks no matter what their racial backround. Unless they sign up for a hateful religion that calls for my execution because I won't sign up. (see islam) I especially get perturbed when a religion claims I am doomed just because of my racial backround. (see judaism) I tend to get annoyed with many of the newer religions not mentioned as well. As long as jewish folk that practice their faith call me a goyim and claim I am less than human I will have bad feelings about it. Call me anti-semetic I could care less. I AM human and when you make nasty statements like that they hurt peoples feelings. When muslims claim that I need to be killed because my skin isn't brown enough that hurts my feelings. When someone hurts my feelings I have no interest in having anything to do with them. My religious beliefs existed before judasim, christianity and islam. Fortunately my beliefs have not been responsible for nearly as much bloodshed and hatred. I don't dislike you because your jewish, I dislike you because you knowingly made a commerce post and actively try to spread negativity.
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.

User avatar
Apollonaris Zeus
Posts: 3716
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:17 am

Re: Mel-o-drama.....

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:09 pm

can't sit still wrote:Zues, you need more discourse. You're replying to your own postings.
First of all can’t you spell or would that be a sin for you?

To your reply: No its an addition! And it’s funny because jerry thought he (Kramer) was jewish which is way he was one of “The Chosen Ones! The show Jerry Seinfeld was anti-american because it was non-inclusionary to non-jews in the leading roles and that is where the money is made. Its like having a camp based on a religion, Camp Christian or Camp Israel and the reasons why I have not started, Camp Parthenon or camp Olympia, But Camp “Panty-onâ€

Toolmaker
Posts: 2511
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:44 pm

Re: Mel-o-drama.....

Post by Toolmaker » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:50 pm

Apollonaris Zeus wrote:I am somewhat surprised that the Christians aren’t not supporting Iran’s nuclear program for the cause of the revelation.
Just out of curiosity.. What makes you think they aren't supporting the program? A couple special ops trips could set back their program a decade but the US isn't going to do it. Richard Marchinko when charged with the Navy Seals used to run major operations that were very successful in setting back programs the US diodn't like. I think the powers that be want a world war to escalate. When you have religious zealots running countries common sense seems to go out the window.
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.

User avatar
Jus Say Ventura
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 1:56 am
Location: Black Rock City, NV

Re: Mel-o-drama.....

Post by Jus Say Ventura » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:04 pm

Toolmaker wrote:
Apollonaris Zeus wrote:I am somewhat surprised that the Christians aren’t not supporting Iran’s nuclear program for the cause of the revelation.
Just out of curiosity.. What makes you think they aren't supporting the program? .
Hey don't make AZ anymore paranoid then he is!

Kissinger did come out and say that the war in iraq can't be won. It just too bad he didn't offer a resolution, but neither did he offer on when he was Secretary of State during the vietnam war.

He at least knows a losing situtation when he see one NOW
"Da Mind, Da Bod! Da Governor of BRC!"
(Governor since 2001)

Post Reply

Return to “Open Discussion”